Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Today, we headed across the border to do a little trail hiking at Millcreek Park in Youngstown, Ohio.  We only had one grandkid this morning.  

Found a few turtles 

DC90403E-659E-4C04-B81A-4475223E3D86.thumb.jpeg.af03ebfb8758a0e944fd3b5703e332c2.jpeg

and fish

EDABC16F-F371-46C6-89D9-91A6F76AD63B.thumb.jpeg.74ad7d4beeb8b3f33aae75a2d7b16a05.jpeg

Some trails have nice outcroppings 

EF6FE2A6-9BB5-4B33-A78D-2BE9A54937AB.thumb.jpeg.f84bc3ac70380dceac9f204d0d879867.jpeg

And I love the look of some of these little stone arches. 

F6A535DF-5897-4625-ACEA-03DF37E57EEB.thumb.jpeg.80d6da71ef109e9c8615eda0340e1108.jpeg

Daughter and the rest of the grandkids were here for supper, plus a little carrot cake. Someone was trying to photobomb my cake picture. 

BD69BF5E-3999-47E3-B942-307BB1E1DEA9.thumb.jpeg.731015db66381e7e1fc025ad1fcce823.jpeg

• Like 19

So, I keep reading the Kraken fantasy postings, and I am wondering if any of you have had the Kenny Chesney stuff.  I am not a country music fan, but his Blue Chair Rums will make the ladies lose their under…..  I like my rum in a classic Tiki drink, but most of his are really good all by themselves.  I don’t drink them, but the ladies in my posse love them.  😂

I imagine there is more sugar and cream in them than in John’s Mich Ultra, but hey if it works.🤣

• Like 2

@dani negreanu Wishing you a speedy recovery.

@George C Happy Anniversary.

And the pictures of Mayflies reminded my of the infamous "Bug Game" between the NY Yankees and the Cleveland Indians in Cleveland back in 2007.  A up-and-coming rookie pitcher Joba Chamberlain for the Yanks was lights-out un-hittable in what was a stellar season. That is, until a gazillion midges (close cousin to Mayflies) hatched on a warm October day and invaded the stadium, attracted by the bright lights. Joba was covered in midges, lost his composure and a Yankee win quickly turned into a Yankee lose.  I can still see images of young Joba covered with the bugs.

The pitcher of Cleveland was unfazed. Who says home-field advantage doesn't count??

https://www.mlb.com/news/bug-game-forever-part-of-tribe-yankees-lore-c257346172

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

Ha! When he went to the game last week, he said people were buying him drinks because of his Avs jersey.

I wonder how many of those people were NY Ranger fans? Or Florida Panther fans?  I was in Tampa a few weeks ago for Game 2 & 3 of the Ranger/Lightning series. Watched Game 2 in a sports bar but attended Game 3 in person. I want to say 40-50% of the crowd was Rangers fans, no shock as there are a lot of NY refugees living there now.  At the sports bar, it was a lot less.  In fact, one of the sports bar , Hattricks, about a 5 minute walk from Amelia Arena, the bouncer got on the PA systems and jokingly asked everyone to boo the Rangers fans.  Nobody did.  At another bar, the bartender shut off the house music and turned on the game with sound at my request.

Most of my Ranger fan friends fall into one of two categories: They cheered on the Bolts to win as there is no shame in the Rangers losing to the eventual champions.  And then there is me, the bitter fan, who wanted the Avs to beat the Bolts so bad the would wave the white flag and forfeit the series after 2 games.🤣

Having said that, Amelia Arena is nice, great layout, Thunder Alley a lot of fun and I plan on vsiting again next season.

38 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, I keep reading the Kraken fantasy postings, and I am wondering if any of you have had the Kenny Chesney stuff.  I am not a country music fan, but his Blue Chair Rums will make the ladies lose their under…..  I like my rum in a classic Tiki drink, but most of his are really good all by themselves.  I don’t drink them, but the ladies in my posse love them.  😂

I imagine there is more sugar and cream in them than in John’s Mich Ultra, but hey if it works.🤣

Bill orders Blue Chair online, because it is not available here. He is also a super Kenny Chesney fan. We are headed up to Lake Tahoe in July to his concert. I'm pretty neutral on the rum and the performer. :classic_smile:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Welcome back @dani negreanu!  Add me to the long list of people wishing you a quick recovery.  I have a golfing buddy who hasn't been able to play with us the last couple of weeks because he was on a cruise in Europe.  He texted me from Malta saying how he loved the island.  I asked when I saw him yesterday and he was on your exact cruise.  I'm interested in hearing your thoughts as compared to his.  I'm glad that you at least got a day or 2 to enjoy Barcelona.  Great pictures.

Malta was our favourite port, the celebrity excursion was excellent and quite reasonable compared to other ports 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, singinalot said:

glad to hear you are better!

i actually have a phone interview tomorrow. 

he had planned to move with us though I knew he wouldn’t actually do it. He’s a 21 year old that doesn’t know what he wants. 🙂 

I just wish he wouldn’t have hurt Nate with the yes I will/no I hate it stuff.

Ha! When he went to the game last week, he said people were buying him drinks because of his Avs jersey.

Prayers 🙏 that your phone interview tomorrow is successful and the job offer is perfect for you.

Good luck🤞.

Graham.

• Like 1

Some more pics from our brief stay in Rome.

Credit due --

ALL the pics were taken by DH, either with his Samsung or his Nikon 😉

Piazza Navona very early morning -- 

image.thumb.jpeg.1bb7118df0536039b70160e8623a1750.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.930f4cf20473bf6ff833c2f2087a8abd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.183da2dc63f198c5ff37d0dd50681c09.jpeg

The Vatican in the background

image.thumb.jpeg.378b57884af2617abff79377a149e5ac.jpeg

The Pantheon

image.thumb.jpeg.6ac386dd3b8dfbe3b641fd007a5e0e1e.jpeg

The Victor Emmanuel II National Monument 

image.thumb.jpeg.0de1db85f4837e111a2db26ef10073d5.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Fontana da Trevi

The fountain always looks so busy.  Did you toss your coins in?

Susan and I did when we were there three years ago, but it took a little while to get close to the fountain. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Beautiful photos @dani negreanu.  Hope you are feeling better today.

Thanks, aussie, there is a slight improvement, but I still tested positive very strongly a few moments ago...

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The fountain always looks so busy.  Did you toss your coins in?

Susan and I did when we were there three years ago, but it took a little while to get close to the fountain. 

Nooo, we couldn't get to the fountain, the people were packed tightly like sardines, and we didn't want to chance it...

We did toss coins in 1976, and we've been back several times since then, so..... it still works😉

• Like 9

10 hours ago, akcruz said:

Our address is officially North Myrtle Beach, very close to the NC border, a little over a mile from the beach as the crow flies on the west side of the intracoastal.  Yes it can get very busy on the east side of the intracoastal so we just stay on our side for the most part.  Was down in Myrtle Beach today and it was very busy.

We had 2 1/2 acres in NJ, Hunterdon County, where it took a good 10 minutes to get just about anywhere.  Great place to raise kids, but too pricey for retirement and too cold for my old bones.  We wanted to be close to the beach and have easier access to "stuff".  We are very happy here, learned the back way to most things, but yes do get tired of the tourists at times.  Small price for what we do have here and I can go to the beach whenever I want.  This is the view from our community cabana at the beach.

20220428_135622-EFFECTS.jpg

We used to make an annual golf trip to Myrtle Beach many years ago.  I loved some of the courses up by you...Tidewater in particular.  Crossing the NC border, I remember Oyster Bay and The Pearl both being very good.  I also remember having the best lobster bisque of my life in a small restaurant on the ocean side of 17, somewhere near Dick's Last Resort.  I just tried to find it on Google Maps and either my memory about where it's located is wrong, or it doesn't exist anymore.  Looks like that whole area has grown from what I remember.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 12:29 AM, Bailey & Sophie said:

Update on the AC:

John found a motor on line, received it on Thursday. He installed it on Friday. Worked OK but it the coils were still freezing up. He went to the hardware store and got some stuff to clean the coils. Still freezing up.

He called a different AC repair place on Mon, explained what was going on and what he did. They came out that afternoon.

We did not need a new unit or complete rebuild.

**We needed a freon charge.**

We did need the new motor, too. But didn't spend anywhere near the $6500 the first place wanted!

We were diagnosed with a broken coil. 
After 5 estimates, we’re getting a new AC.
$6,000 is worth it this time of year in Florida. I need cold to sleep, so I’m half dead and look it. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Some more pics from our brief stay in Rome.

Credit due --

ALL the pics were taken by DH, either with his Samsung or his Nikon 😉

Piazza Navona very early morning -- 

image.thumb.jpeg.1bb7118df0536039b70160e8623a1750.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.930f4cf20473bf6ff833c2f2087a8abd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.183da2dc63f198c5ff37d0dd50681c09.jpeg

The Vatican in the background

image.thumb.jpeg.378b57884af2617abff79377a149e5ac.jpeg

The Pantheon

image.thumb.jpeg.6ac386dd3b8dfbe3b641fd007a5e0e1e.jpeg

The Victor Emmanuel II National Monument 

image.thumb.jpeg.0de1db85f4837e111a2db26ef10073d5.jpeg

Fabulous photos Dani.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:16 AM, Jimbo said:

This is Cody. Cody gives me the death stare when it's time for his food. My cats get fed at 7am and 9am, and again at 5pm and 7pm. As it approaches time for food, I get the stare. Seriously he doesn't blink. Things have been chaotic at work and one day last week I missed the 9am feeding, which I didn't realize until later on. They got all other food on schedule. A little after the 7pm feeding Cody sat, staring me down again. Apparently he can count and he knew that I owed him food. 😊 deathstare catcancount feedmeordie "

FB_IMG_1656471296589.jpg

I’d be very careful to follow the rules around Cody

• Haha 7