Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So funny story from DH yesterday. He was in London meeting up with some mates. They were having drinks on a pavement cafe and he had his back to the road telling a story. He realised that no one was listening but peering over his shoulder. He turned round and there was a photo shoot going on but the model had stripped off to her waist!! She had her hands modestly over her chest and Gary said he turned back and didn't see any more, always the gentleman .... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

Today DH is off on a charity cycle ride. They meet up in Dover tonight and cross to Dunkirk early tomorrow to start the ride to Ypres and back. Will take three days and back home on Monday. Not such a long trip as some he's done but I'm a bit concerned as he hasn't done much prep training this time and it's been a few years since his last long ride. Will be around 75 miles a day. 

But he's using an electric bike this time which should help smooth out the hills 

Fingers crossed it all goes well 🙏 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 12

Afternoon was a perfect day on the lake with our grandkids.  

First up, call some geese over to feed

5610C0F6-AA75-4438-BD4E-92DE3BFD2AA7.thumb.jpeg.3d2f7de838c1159b83f7a40423565919.jpeg

There were quite a few

A94665CC-E1E6-4D0F-8FB9-7211E2046C2D.thumb.jpeg.e5558ef5beba36b6156731c8d2443b50.jpeg

E4DCC160-6EA1-4C05-A3F4-226277823658.thumb.jpeg.42f52780110e464edefc41931657e60b.jpeg

Then time for some tube fun

C6D14665-34BC-4F30-A1E1-762518C897E6.thumb.jpeg.6b6fd20f31b1e8483212bcf393b62e6f.jpeg

It is a tight squeeze with two in the tube.  All the kids are getting to that age where they want a faster ride. 

• Like 18

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Today DH is off on a charity cycle ride. They meet up in Dover tonight and cross to Dunkirk early tomorrow to start the ride to Ypres and back. Will take three days and back home on Monday. Not such a long trip as some he's done but I'm a bit concerned as he hasn't done much prep training this time and it's been a few years since his last long ride. Will be around 75 miles a day. 

But he's using an electric bike this time which should help smooth out the hills 

Wishing Gary a safe & successful charity ride.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Afternoon was a perfect day on the lake with our grandkids.  

First up, call some geese over to feed

5610C0F6-AA75-4438-BD4E-92DE3BFD2AA7.thumb.jpeg.3d2f7de838c1159b83f7a40423565919.jpeg

There were quite a few

A94665CC-E1E6-4D0F-8FB9-7211E2046C2D.thumb.jpeg.e5558ef5beba36b6156731c8d2443b50.jpeg

E4DCC160-6EA1-4C05-A3F4-226277823658.thumb.jpeg.42f52780110e464edefc41931657e60b.jpeg

Then time for some tube fun

C6D14665-34BC-4F30-A1E1-762518C897E6.thumb.jpeg.6b6fd20f31b1e8483212bcf393b62e6f.jpeg

It is a tight squeeze with two in the tube.  All the kids are getting to that age where they want a faster ride. 

Another great day for the grandkids. Lovely photos.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Quite interesting, all the politicians maneuvering for a shot at being PM. So in UK  we vote for a political party not a person. The PM is whoever is leader of the party that wins. 

Therefore this won't trigger a general election, there is a process for a leadership contest and in the meantime there will be a caretaker government in charge.  DH was in London yesterday and said lots of TV crews and journalists in College Green outside Parliament but Downing Street was very quiet 

IMG-20220707-WA0004.thumb.jpg.e8429cabfac7ee751c6abd53277c4fe1.jpg

I had to read more about this process since I wasn't familiar with it.  Looks like this is not the first time that this process has been used, since other PMs have resigned in the past for various reasons.  I also read that the 1922 Committee could possibly change the rules about how a new leader is determined.  There will be a lot of interesting political maneuvering happening over the next few weeks!

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 3

Getting ready for our upcoming cruise on the Allure in a few weeks and on one of the "other" sites they have also people who do not know what they are talking about and like to instigate.  But this one topic caught my attention and when I pursued it, nothing more than BS.

So the poster stated that RCI requires adults to be fully vaccinated, and goes on to say, they have to have received the booster shots.............................

Uh, no.

Looking at my checkin page that I did a few weeks ago, it clearly states to have the vaccine, and nothing at all about boosters (which by the way we did do both).

But if people are narrow minded and selectively believe this wow.

Just had to vent, I could not even give them my attention, I play monopoly with post deleted more on that site.........................

Take care

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Getting ready for our upcoming cruise on the Allure in a few weeks and on one of the "other" sites they have also people who do not know what they are talking about and like to instigate.  But this one topic caught my attention and when I pursued it, nothing more than BS.

So the poster stated that RCI requires adults to be fully vaccinated, and goes on to say, they have to have received the booster shots.............................

Uh, no.

Looking at my checkin page that I did a few weeks ago, it clearly states to have the vaccine, and nothing at all about boosters (which by the way we did do both).

Just had to vent, I could not even give them my attention, I play monopoly with post deleted more on that site.........................

Take care

Don't let them get to you.

Have a wonderful cruise. Will look forward to your pictures and reviews.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Go Gary Go!   That's so nice he does this for charity.    😍   I hope they have great weather for the ride.

Hopefully topless women don't re-appear and distract😁

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Uh, no.

Take care

Definitely don't need booster for ships sailing out of US. 

Sailings out of Europe may need booster depending on that countries requirement for entry.

Just ignore them or direct them to read royals health page.

Have a wonderful cruise🤩

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

You took a picture without showcasing her tail!!  I want to see floof!

I know.  I will try later today. It seems she poses her tail when I am not close to my phone.  Annabel's tail is starting to grow now.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is a pleasant 68°F and partly cloudy here today.

We decided to go out for lunch earlier.

IMG_20220708_125738.jpg

IMG_20220708_124808.jpg

IMG_20220708_124818.jpg

IMG_20220708_124833.jpg

You go to the nicest restaurants Graham.   We're having work done in the hall, kitchen and study and builders come super early so I've been having brunch out the last few days but not as nice as your restaurants 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Uh, no.

Take care

Currently, if you are sailing with a stop in France, they do require your booster to have been received less than 270 days ago.  I do think you can do onboard testing, for a fee, to get off the ship. 

That is why I am waiting till fall before we get booster #2,  And who knows what it will be by the time we go there next May. 

But yes, there is a lot of misinformation out there on most everything. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I'm a few pages behind so someone may have already suggested this, but get a shower chair. It really helped me, especially since my balance wasn't so great at first.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll look into it.

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Glad you are improving Bonnie,  it must be so nice to be at home after rehab. Good luck with the PT session

Thank you, Sue.  Yes it's great to be home.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is a pleasant 68°F and partly cloudy here today.

We decided to go out for lunch earlier.

IMG_20220708_125738.jpg

IMG_20220708_124808.jpg

IMG_20220708_124818.jpg

IMG_20220708_124833.jpg

Elegance personified, both the food and the people.  Always!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We have our first NE cruise coming up in October, leaving from Boston.  It will be something different for us, and will be a nice getaway after our summer with the grandkids. 

We have stops in Bar Harbor and Portland, Maine, plus St John, NB and Halifax, NS. 

The only thing I have booked so far is Acadia National Park when we are in Bar Harbor.  

I have read about Peggy’s cove in Halifax, and may book an excursion there. 

For anyone who has been to these ports, any recommendations?   I usually have time to research, but it seems my free time is limited this summer. 

• Like 3

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is well. I have a question for you. So lately I have been combining my exercising with doing swimming everyday at our neighborhood pool. I've gone every day this week and noticed last night a horrible rash on my feet and arms. After researching, I think it is chlorine rash as this is the first time I have spent that much time in a pool. I'm reading that there are several creams or lotions you can apply before going into a chlorinated pool. Have any of you experienced this and if so what did you use for prevention and care?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So lately I have been combining my exercising with doing swimming everyday at our neighborhood pool.

Sadly, I have nothing to offer... I've been swimming almost daily for the last 35 years, in chlorinated pools. Never had any rash. May be this week they've administered a very high dosage by mistake?

We're also supposed to shower before entering the pool, so I assume any cream will be rinsed out??

• Like 4