Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, how is Eric?  Hope you are okay also.

He's feeling a little better but getting restless. Everytime he thinks he is doing better and tries to do something he is reminded by the pain.  He has never been a good patient😁  thank you fir asking.

Everytime I see you posted I'm hoping it is with good news on a cabin.🤞

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

Lunch today in a lovely Italian restaurant.

Graham 

IMG_20220722_124057.jpg

IMG-20220722-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20220722-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20220722-WA0001.jpg

That looks really good.  If there was anything I would change about where we live would be to have a variety of good restaurants.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from Oxford Ohio. 

So last night as Jimmy Buffet did his 5 song encore. We figured with all these people/ cars. Guessing 30,000 parrot heads we weren’t going any where for awhile. So the humans made a Pitt stop no line.

And we walked to our parked car. Almost 2 miles from venue. Cars were becoming bumper to bumper. I’m thinking to myself we’re screwed. 

So we get in car and I look behind me and people are pulling out and leaving on this road access.  So as any mother who wanted to leave asap, I quickly managed a u turn between 4 parked cars (hidden talent). 

Went to the road, got right on it. A quarter of a mile later police directed us right onto freeway.  We were on our way in 7 min. 

Happy mom. 

Today shopping for my DD’s “ BUMP” clothes. 

Later

7C8B9B93-7329-44CD-BB2C-81A62E2A62C5.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have an abundant amount of cucumbers from our garden this year.   I am looking for suggestions on what to make with them.      I have given a lot away to neighbors and this weekend may set up a Help yourself - Free produce at end of driveway. 

So far I have made cucumber salads, cucumber water, just made a pitcher of cumber mint mojitos (Boy are they Good!) and I found this recipe I want to try this weekend.     https://www.marthastewart.com/1118951/chilled-melon-cucumber-and-mint-soup

Any suggestions?

One of Micheline's favorite cocktails is called an English Martini.  

Gin 1.5 oz

St. Germain .25 oz

Lemon juice .5 oz

Simple syrup .5 oz

Cucumber juice .25 oz

Cucumber slice 1

Shake all liquid ingredients in a cocktail tin with ice until blended and chilled, then pour, straining out ice, into a chilled coupe glass.  Garnish with cucumber slice.  The hardest part of this recipe is making fresh cucumber juice.  It's not really that hard...just peel, chop, blend, strain (cheese cloth if you want to strain really well)...but takes some effort.  If you've got the cucumbers and you have the time, it's worth it.  Many bars don't have cucumber juice so this drink is hard to find.

Search for other cucumber juice cocktails.  This one sounds pretty good also if you're more of a rum fan than a gin fan.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So last night as Jimmy Buffet did his 5 song encore. We figured with all these people/ cars. Guessing 30,000 parrot heads we weren’t going any where for awhile. So the humans made a Pitt stop no line.

And we walked to our parked car. Almost 2 miles from venue. Cars were becoming bumper to bumper. I’m thinking to myself we’re screwed. 

So we get in car and I look behind me and people are pulling out and leaving on this road access.  So as any mother who wanted to leave asap, I quickly managed a u turn between 4 parked cars (hidden talent). 

Went to the road, got right on it. A quarter of a mile later police directed us right onto freeway.  We were on our way in 7 min. 

Happy mom. 

Later

Riverbend is a great place for a concert, although I'm a little too old to sit on the lawn now for a few hours.  Seats under the roof would be a must.  Looks like you had fantastic seats.  In the 90s, Buffett would spend a week there and do 7 concerts in a row, selling out every one.  There would be a flotilla of boats listening from/partying on the Ohio river.  Not sure why Cincinnati was such a Parrot Head place.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Happy mom. 

Later

Awesome😃

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Gin 1.5 oz

St. Germain .25 oz

Lemon juice .5 oz

Simple syrup .5 oz

Cucumber juice .25 oz

Cucumber slice 1

Shake all liquid ingredients in a cocktail tin with ice until blended and chilled, then pour, straining out ice, into a chilled coupe glass.  Garnish with cucumber slice.  The hardest part of this recipe is making fresh cucumber juice.  It's not really that hard...just peel, chop, blend, strain (cheese cloth if you want to strain really well)...but takes some effort.  If you've got the cucumbers and you have the time, it's worth it.  Many bars don't have cucumber juice so this drink is hard to find.

Search for other cucumber juice cocktails.  This one sounds pretty good also if you're more of a rum fan than a gin fan.

The martini sounds nice and refreshing.   I have tanqueray gin or maybe try with grey goose vodka.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He's feeling a little better but getting restless. Everytime he thinks he is doing better and tries to do something he is reminded by the pain.  He has never been a good patient😁  thank you fir asking.

Everytime I see you posted I'm hoping it is with good news on a cabin.🤞

Prayers 🙏 for Eric's wellbeing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Nana felt this way when she was 96.  Once she was no longer able to drive and unable to live by herself and refused to move in with my parents and didn't want anyone staying with her.   We moved her to assisted living.   She was in good health, very active.  At first she was OK with new place then about 6 months later she told us she was done.   She decided to stop eating.  My Mother would beg her to eat.   I would sit and listen to why she didn't want to be alive anymore.  It made sense to me so I would sit with her for hours several times a week talking about everything and anything.

My Mother would ask me to get her to eat.  I  said No. I am respecting her wishes.  She passed within 2 weeks.  

Her home had called family the night before she passed and told us it will happen very soon as she was fading away.

I went there early that morning and took her some hershey kisses, she always loved them.   She ate 2 or 3 kisses.  Asked if I would be okay.  I told her i would be fine after everything she taught me on how to be a strong independent woman.  I told her to close her eyes and have happy thoughts as she was an amazing woman.   

I left in tears knowing that would be the last time.   I went to work and half later I got the call she had passed.   The nurse said she was gone moments after I left.   

My Mom had a real tough time in understanding and kept wanting to know what I said to her and what she said.   Eventually my Mom understood.

Hopefully you are able to enjoy what time you have with her and try your best to understand and appreciate her wishes.💖

I can relate to that.  My mother was the same way before she passed.  She said she was ready to go, and passed shortly after.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, RedSails1968 said:

My neighbor across the street will be 100 on New Year’s Eve. She lives by herself, still drives, and does her own shopping and cooking. She is my hero!

Wow that's great  My mom just turned 92 but she does not drive anymore so my sister does her shopping.  She still lives alone and can't hear worth a -D***- drives all my siblings crazy.  Won't use her hearing aide

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Nana felt this way when she was 96.  Once she was no longer able to drive and unable to live by herself and refused to move in with my parents and didn't want anyone staying with her.   We moved her to assisted living.   She was in good health, very active.  At first she was OK with new place then about 6 months later she told us she was done.   She decided to stop eating.  My Mother would beg her to eat.   I would sit and listen to why she didn't want to be alive anymore.  It made sense to me so I would sit with her for hours several times a week talking about everything and anything.

My Mother would ask me to get her to eat.  I  said No. I am respecting her wishes.  She passed within 2 weeks.  

Her home had called family the night before she passed and told us it will happen very soon as she was fading away.

I went there early that morning and took her some hershey kisses, she always loved them.   She ate 2 or 3 kisses.  Asked if I would be okay.  I told her i would be fine after everything she taught me on how to be a strong independent woman.  I told her to close her eyes and have happy thoughts as she was an amazing woman.   

I left in tears knowing that would be the last time.   I went to work and half later I got the call she had passed.   The nurse said she was gone moments after I left.   

My Mom had a real tough time in understanding and kept wanting to know what I said to her and what she said.   Eventually my Mom understood.

Hopefully you are able to enjoy what time you have with her and try your best to understand and appreciate her wishes.💖

The only thing my mother doesn’t care for where she lives is the food , but likes the desserts, my sister has to supply her with plenty of Hershey chocolate which she eats daily . 

• Like 3

He took one for the team the other day when we had an intruder so I guess he is on a time out.😁

Hate to say it, but it might be time to move this thread to Floataway Lounge 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Wow that's great  My mom just turned 92 but she does not drive anymore so my sister does her shopping.  She still lives alone and can't hear worth a -D***- drives all my siblings crazy.  Won't use her hearing aide

Sometimes I wish I had a hearing aid I could turn off to tune out the kids squabbling🤣 After 92 years shes more than earned the right to do whatever the H*** she wants.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 64°F with light rain showers.

The important thing is we are all friends on here and we can say as little or as much as we like.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, pain free, safe day.

Take care.

Graham.

Please send your showers over here. It's dry as a bone. COuldn't agree more Graham. I hope you have a wonderful evening and great weekend.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Good morning, it seems we'll need to make do without Jimbo for the next week. His corn and sunflowers will gain a lot of TLC 😉

Thank you, Jim 👍

Thanks Jim for taking one for the team.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So last night as Jimmy Buffet did his 5 song encore.

Happy mom. 

I've seen Buffet twice always a fantastic show. I do hate the parking lot jam afterwards.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Gin 1.5 oz

St. Germain .25 oz

Lemon juice .5 oz

Simple syrup .5 oz

Cucumber juice .25 oz

Cucumber slice 1

Sounds very tasty. I'll have to try it. Thank you for the recipe.

50 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's too funny. Reminds me of Jonathan's cat Drave. He will flop down right by your feet and you will have to move around him.

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I typically don't drink gin, but it works in a cucumber martini 

Love the cucumber martini at CP 150. They did it table side last time we were on Harmony. I need to take notes next time on how they made it.

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Hate to say it, but it might be time to move this thread to Floataway Lounge 

I've thought about that too if we would be safe from intruders there. I do like the fact that Bella's thread is there. I don't mind that we are in the main thread. I always keep at least 3 tabs open on my browser, One for Dani's, One for Bella, and the main boards. Makes it easy to switch around.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

My grandfather (for whom I’m named) taught me how to drive…out in the pastures of his Angus farm.

Your grandfather's name is Helen?  😄

Speaking of names, I'm evidently not the only one that thinks of @Ocean Boy simply as "OB".  I think I'd have a hard time calling him anything else if I ever met him in person and did get to know his real name.  Along those lines, there is more than one person who calls me Brillo in person.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I just eyeball it.  

We do something similar in the winter with a warm apple cider and fireball mix with a stick of cinnamon 

I was out with friends a couple years ago and a bar in Michigan served apple cider and Fireball over ice with a donut hole (from a local legend bakery) on a stick for a garnish.  

I'm not much of a booze drinker, but it was quite delish!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Your grandfather's name is Helen?  😄

Speaking of names, I'm evidently not the only one that thinks of @Ocean Boy simply as "OB".  I think I'd have a hard time calling him anything else if I ever met him in person and did get to know his real name.  Along those lines, there is more than one person who calls me Brillo in person.

I have no problem if people call me Greg or Sea Dog. I am quite fond of my screen name. I had to work hard to get the Mods to let me use it as there was someone else that had that name but no capitals and had not posted in many years. I'm proud to be a "Sea Dog."

• Like 15