Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Heading out to Yankee Stadium tonight.   Aaron Judge hit his 60th Home Run last night to tie Babe Ruth's for 2nd place for the single season Home Run record.  Hopefully tonight, he'll hit number 61 & 62 to tie, then break, the real "clean" home run record.🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I prefer Whataburger to any other "fast food" burgers.  When I was in rehab, Jack brought me a Whataburger and fries a few times a week. 

I must not be a true Texan yet. Shhhh I don't care for chicken fried steak but I LOVE Blue Bell ice cream if that counts. 

Whataburger is my go to fast food when I'm in Texas.  They are great. I like Blue Belle but I love Braums when I am in that part of the country.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

A friend took me to an In N Out burger restaurant in Southern California many years ago.I bought a tee shirt because of the name of the place but I did not think there was anything special about the food there.

I've never seen an In N Out that didn't have a massive line.  They are incredibly popular.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of hamburger restaurants,  has anyone tried Freddie's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers.  They make smash burgers.  I like the crispy edge.

I like Freddies... I discovered them for the first time up in OKC about 6 years ago.  The Turtle Sundae is the bomb.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

In and Out is OK, but Five Guys is my favorite. I love the caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms. The fries are good, too.

Five Guys, small fries = a container of fries followed by another heaping scoop. 😋

41 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I agree 100%!!!!! All of their stores near me have closed, so we are always on the lookout for them whenever we travel.

Many of their stores closed here in Canada as well. There are still a few open.  I had a few over time but I did not find them anything special 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I love Krispy Kreme.  Don't expect the long lines to go away anytime on the near future. They are worth the wait.

I remember when Krispy Kreme came to the Vancouver area back in early 2000.  I told my wife when I first heard about it that it wasn't going to make it.  They opened to much fanfare.  The franchisee did a big interview on a local news talk radio station.  He talked about his plan to open 17 more stores and that he expected the brand to dominate Tim Hortons eventually.  I remember the radio interview like it was yesterday because, while driving alone listening, I actually laughed out loud.

It was a strange location to begin the Canadian domination of Tim Hortons.  It is a free standing pad in a strip mall on the North Surrey/Delta border.  For those that might be familiar with the area it is heavily dominated by folks from the Sikh community. The store itself was directly across the street from the big Guru Nanak Temple and half a block away from a Tim Hortons.  

Upon opening I went and waited in the massive line like many others for my taste of America.  My wife commented to me that it looked like I was wrong.  It was so busy it was sure to be a success.  I told her "wait for it". 

Sure enough, within two weeks the crowds were gone and within a few months it was a ghost town most of the time.  There was never a second store opened in Metro Vancouver let alone the 17 that franchisee predicted.  The Tim Hortons down the road  never slowed down and was as busy as ever.

That Krispy Kreme, surprisingly, is still there to this day.  However, it is never busy and must just be barely surviving.  That was just such a weird location with a demographic that simply was never going to fit market that Krispy Kreme targets.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Heading out to Yankee Stadium tonight.   Aaron Judge hit his 60th Home Run last night to tie Babe Ruth's for 2nd place for the single season Home Run record.  Hopefully tonight, he'll hit number 61 & 62 to tie, then break, the real "clean" home run record.🙂

I haven’t been to a game in years but Yankees finish the season here and we will go to game 161, good luck be nice to break the record at home , he may also be the first Yankees triple crown winner since my hero Mickey Mantle did it in 1956. Totally agree real record is 61.

• Like 5

Few updated pictures of reno.

Front door is to the right behind the plastic, that little wall jutting out behind the guy on the floor, that wall is being taken out too., Fireplace is behind the plastic wall you see straight ahead in the corner to the left.

The guy on the ladder is taking down the last of the wall that was between Kitchen and Living room, Stove/Range was on that wall and Fridge was on that wall also.

20220921_110715.jpg

When coming in the front door now, you really get the "Wow" factor on how high the ceiling is.

20220921_110821.jpg

This picture was taken from the front door toward the kitchen with the wall gone. New countertop and Gas Range will be along that wall where you see the insulation.  That opening you see below which was a coat closet, will be used for some of our pantry items. We will also have Cabinets for pantry items on the wall you can't see in this picture which will have the Microwave too.

20220921_111534.jpg

This was the wall when coming in the front door to the right, down to the studs, will be removed shortly.

20220921_130107.jpg

Now this was the Old  walk-in Pantry, this wall you see in the doorway and the side of the pantry also will be torn down,  Getting rid of that pantry will allow the fridge to sit  on an angle opening up toward the island.........to the left of the fridge will be a 36 inch  wide cabinet from floor to the same height cabinets are on range wall.

20220921_130140.jpg

Another angle of that walk in pantry that will be torn down

20220921_130123.jpg

20220921_130150.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12

We didn’t get the nasty weather Sue was talking about this morning.  

It was nice enough that some had their convertibles out.  This is one of those “green” vehicles with only one horsepower. 

12BAECD2-D89A-4753-9EFD-742AFBDCB39C.thumb.jpeg.21a84fce51d81fb6294e152adc329e4b.jpeg

We also made a run across the border for a gas fill up.  $2.99 a gallon in Ohio now, compared to $3.95 here in PA. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Never had In and Out Burger.  On a happier note, for me,  Krispy Kreme is now open at our Mall!!!!!

Charlie says I have to wait to go because the lines are insane😢

Trouble with Krispy Kreme every year their donuts seems to get  smaller and smaller.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Finnley turned 1 month last week.  I forgot to post pics. 😲 

IMG_6343.thumb.JPEG.60518911de6f7f157bc56f0f558cc02e.JPEG

IMG_6356.thumb.JPEG.5ed8d0b3980d60d2fa872df5f3300524.JPEG

IMG_6355.thumb.JPEG.38ab764f2c87a6cffe72daa185dd9dce.JPEG

2nd Picture looks like a ballerini move.

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

In and Out is OK, but Five Guys is my favorite. I love the caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms. The fries are good, too.

Five Guys is the Best !!  Everything is Freshly made too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

What do you guys think of Wahlburgers?  We walked past their store at Circular Quay on Saturday at lunchtime and it wasn’t particularly busy.

I was at a Wahlburgers in AC, NJ and was not a fan of the blend of burger meat but I really enjoyed their sides.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Few updated pictures of reno.

Front door is to the right behind the plastic, that little wall jutting out behind the guy on the floor, that wall is being taken out too., Fireplace is behind the plastic wall you see straight ahead in the corner to the left.

The guy on the ladder is taking down the last of the wall that was between Kitchen and Living room, Stove/Range was on that wall and Fridge was on that wall also.

20220921_110715.jpg

When coming in the front door now, you really get the "Wow" factor on how high the ceiling is.

20220921_110821.jpg

This picture was taken from the front door toward the kitchen with the wall gone. New countertop and Gas Range will be along that wall where you see the insulation.  That opening you see below which was a coat closet, will be used for some of our pantry items. We will also have Cabinets for pantry items on the wall you can't see in this picture which will have the Microwave too.

20220921_111534.jpg

This was the wall when coming in the front door to the right, down to the studs, will be removed shortly.

20220921_130107.jpg

Now this was the Old  walk-in Pantry, this wall you see in the doorway and the side of the pantry also will be torn down,  Getting rid of that pantry will allow the fridge to sit  on an angle opening up toward the island.........to the left of the fridge will be a 36 inch  wide cabinet from floor to the same height cabinets are on range wall.

20220921_130140.jpg

Another angle of that walk in pantry that will be torn down

20220921_130123.jpg

20220921_130150.jpg

We will remodel our kitchen next year , not looking forward to that . 

• Like 4