Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Sunshine3601

Best wishes for a healthy recovery.

@Sea Dog

Greg

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Be safe I mean sure it is Fall, but you did not have to play charades and describe  it.

But all kidding aside, I hope you recovery quick and have a great cruise.

Take care

Be safer

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I just replied to his live from.

He has a hairline fracture of his collar bone and his picture showed he was wearing a sling.

Reminds me of our first river cruise, sailing from Romania.  We were staying at the Hilton where we booked independently, but was Avalon’s hotel for their guests doing an extended stay.  On the morning of the cruise, we were to depart at 1PM for the dock, about a 45 min plus bus ride to the Danube, and I noticed a couple of Americans and one of the men had his arm in a sling and his face looked like he had fallen off a bike.  With bandages and a wrap around his hairline.  Turns out they were on our cruise.  He had fallen and broken his arm (hairline) and pretty painfully tore up his face.  I must say he gamely went thru the whole cruise.  He participated in all of the activities, and partied loudly all night during and after dinner!  I imagine, Greg.  🤣

Sorry about the collar bone.  That sucks.

jc

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601How are you feeling this morning 🌄 Doing any better?

You are so kind to be thinking of me while traveling and getting ready to cruise.     Thank you!      My fever broke in the middle of the night and I just took a nice long hot steam shower to open up my sinuses.    I do feel better just still feel weak and achy.    I plan on busting out of my quarantine room and sit on the porch today.    should be a nice sunny 72f day.    Maybe I'll sit back and watch Eric mow.       He's been taking good care of me, as much as he can while keeping his distance.     Last night he made yummy sloppy joe sandwiches.    I could only eat half of it but it was delicious with the pepper jack cheese he used.    I just put in my room service order for some over easy eggs and toast.😁

I will be following you on your live review.       Hope you have a blast with perfect weather and smooth seas.     I love your itinerary.

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You are so kind to be thinking of me while traveling and getting ready to cruise.     Thank you!      My fever broke in the middle of the night and I just took a nice long hot steam shower to open up my sinuses.    I do feel better just still feel weak and achy.    I plan on busting out of my quarantine room and sit on the porch today.    should be a nice sunny 72f day.    Maybe I'll sit back and watch Eric mow.       He's been taking good care of me, as much as he can while keeping his distance.     Last night he made yummy sloppy joe sandwiches.    I could only eat half of it but it was delicious with the pepper jack cheese he used.    I just put in my room service order for some over easy eggs and toast.😁

I will be following you on your live review.       Hope you have a blast with perfect weather and smooth seas.     I love your itinerary.

Glad to hear you are feeling abut better, still take it easy and enjoy the nice weather.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Final score. 14-4 for Owen’s team. Owen made 2 points after touchdown in the win. 

Out of curiosity, from where do they kick the extra point?  I'm wondering if youth football followed the NFL and move the PAT line of scrimmage back to the 15, or if they still use the 2 yard line.  I'm guessing the later since a 33 yard kick from the 15 might be hard for younger kickers.  I think the CFL kicks from even further away than the NFL.

Edit: Just watched the video of Owen kicking.  Looks like the line up at the 2??

Edited by bobmacliberty

19 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We've been in the Dallas area for 19 years and still have not made it to the Fair.  Are we missing much?

The Fair is very fun, but go on a weekday during the day. The last few times I went, it was with co-workers from SWA during our annual Fair afternoon. I had forgotten how crowded it can get at night, and on a Friday night it was PACKED. It made the whole experience much less fun with rude people pushing to get around you and waiting in line forever to do anything.

AND THEN, at the end of the evening, shortly after 9:00 p.m., we were waiting in line to buy tickets to ride the iconic Texas Star Ferris wheel. Suddenly, a huge stampede of screaming people came running by and swallowed us up in it. We had to run or be trampled. I was so worried about Brian since his balance is not great and he tends to fall anyway, because I knew if he fell in that crush of people, he would be seriously injured. We were eventually able to turn into an alley and get out of the crowd; I was trying to shield Andrew from what I assumed was someone with a gun, and Brian was trying to find us.

We thought it was an active shooter situation, but it turned out to be a false alarm. We hid for a while and the panic seemed to die down. Once the coast was clear, we left the Fair immediately. That was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. For a moment, I really thought we were all going to meet Jesus last night. So thankful no one was hurt.

One of my friends told me later that the incident actually made the local news, and they closed the Fair an hour early due to the scare. I found a news article online that said some kids were yelling about a shooter (I guess as a prank?) to start some chaos. It worked.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

The Fair is very fun, but go on a weekday during the day. The last few times I went, it was with co-workers from SWA during our annual Fair afternoon. I had forgotten how crowded it can get at night, and on a Friday night it was PACKED. It made the whole experience much less fun with rude people pushing to get around you and waiting in line forever to do anything.

AND THEN, at the end of the evening, shortly after 9:00 p.m., we were waiting in line to buy tickets to ride the iconic Texas Star Ferris wheel. Suddenly, a huge stampede of screaming people came running by and swallowed us up in it. We had to run or be trampled. I was so worried about Brian since his balance is not great and he tends to fall anyway, because I knew if he fell in that crush of people, he would be seriously injured. We were eventually able to turn into an alley and get out of the crowd; I was trying to shield Andrew from what I assumed was someone with a gun, and Brian was trying to find us.

We thought it was an active shooter situation, but it turned out to be a false alarm. We hid for a while and the panic seemed to die down. Once the coast was clear, we left the Fair immediately. That was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. For a moment, I really thought we were all going to meet Jesus last night. So thankful no one was hurt.

One of my friends told me later that the incident actually made the local news, and they closed the Fair an hour early due to the scare. I found a news article online that said some kids were yelling about a shooter (I guess as a prank?) to start some chaos. It worked.

Oh my gosh how frightening that must’ve been!  Thank goodness it wasn’t what you thought, but still very dangerous with the stampeding crowd.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

People that start something like that don’t know the hell they’re unleashing 
You were lucky to be able to find that alley. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Fun times at the State Fair before the scary stampede

Big Tex

71E46143-C496-4578-B6CA-FB528DEBE83E.thumb.jpeg.a1dfa44a1dd179f2d10a28cab2c9c9d9.jpeg

Feeding a baby goat

05D36EFD-9DAA-4D86-9814-FD7FEEE677E8.thumb.jpeg.d42f862d95db36197153f0a7543cb5a8.jpeg

With the Mav’s championship trophy

67BED063-AA55-4EA4-A355-496E7DF960DF.thumb.jpeg.e543b7eb42914c704c294a5d95faed1d.jpeg

Dreaming big dreams

CF172102-C94F-4B4D-90A3-F9976622C9A7.thumb.jpeg.46093ebdfe206950276a590c8970a740.jpeg

Weird fried food

3F0641D9-DC0B-49D6-A46A-3A711BD0E620.thumb.jpeg.d64c1f502ed0a18469df01b61279d7be.jpeg

We were waiting in line to ride this, but we didn’t end up getting to do it

47C2ADD0-F405-4176-937C-E8652ACF6333.thumb.jpeg.a5deee7a27b0e04d8e1214473ef47fee.jpeg

Nice family photos Bethany.

Sorry to hear about the stampede later but pleased none of you were hurt.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Please have an extra one for me.    You did a great job on the handbag.   Beautiful😃

Thanks, so many people have commented on it and want to know where I got it from.  They're a little disappointed when I say I made it. I wonder how many people have seen it, don't talk to me and then go in the shops looking for it. 😁

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is it good?

Yes, I think it's better than a Watermelon Martini. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

OMG, that had to be so scary.   Sorry you had to go through that experience.   I hope they catch the prankster(s) and punish them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG, that had to be so scary.   Sorry you had to go through that experience.   I hope they catch the prankster(s) and punish them.

We saw quite a few police talking to some teenagers afterward, so I know they were trying.

It was eerie walking out and seeing all of the shoes(!), spilled drinks, dropped food, etc. that was left behind in the panic.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

That's horrible. Glad everyone is OK.

30 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’ll bet there are a lot of women salivating over your purse. 
You did a fantastic job on it!!

Thanks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like you are getting better.   Thankful.   Thanks for following along.   I hope I can help entertain while you need to isolate.   Thankful you have such a caring husband.   Make sure he brings you plenty of 💧 water.  😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It was a long flight, didn’t get much sleep on the plane but we made it to Rome.  From there we took the train to Florence.  Checked into our hotel- Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo, right near the Florence cathedral.

Oh Helen, I'm so glad you were able to make the trip!  Sending you tons of vibes from the Caribbean that Merv the Nerve behaves himself for your trip!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1