Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Woot Woot!   Suitcases are out of closet.  Doing laundry now.   My Boss told me last night he called Royal and we should have a gift when we board.   I'm excited to find out what he sent us.

I hope you & Eric have a great cruise, you certainly deserve it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Bonnie, I am not directing this at you or Lenny or anybody specific🥰, so please please please don't take it wrongly, and am very happy that people look out for each other, and since there was a question for "what does one think" (by Dani? or someobody else here?....) I am not understanding where to draw the line between "genuine concern" and "stalking". I do notice when a regular does not post for some time, and I think maybe they want to stay that way for a bit, for some personal reason of thier own and I say a prayer for them hoping for the best.

I have been a member here for over 23 years.  I am a bit snarky and I am a lot no-nonsense kind of guy.  I enjoy most of the members of this forum, and I am glad that I know a bit about some of your lives.  This forum and most others are anonymous forums.  IE I am xpcdoojk.  This is not Facebook.  Many people post in this forum under many IDs and avatars.  So, I go way out of my way to not try to make this into facebook.  I am not a fan of FB, and I think the stalking potential in all of these forms of social media lend themselves exceptionally to it.  So, I rarely join in on the happy birthday, happy anniversary, I hope you feel better soon, sorry for the loss of your loved one, what a cute cat, Billy Joel was at my bar mitzvah in 1965, etc.  

This thread is a nice respite from CC and its all around snarkiness, bullying, and tattling to the teacher nature.  I like it.  I read it when I can.  

I come to this forum for information, to squash misinformation, and to learn things about cruising that I can take away a nugget of information that will help me and my DW enjoy a cruise we are taking or planning.  That said, I do it to pass time to as do many of you.  

I do worry about folks that I assume are older if they dissappear, but I am not going to do a door to door search.  People come and go here all of the time for many reasons.  If they want to share why, then maybe we know otherwise I THINK IT IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

as you were

jc😂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

People come and go here all of the time for many reasons.

Agree.

I was just trying to find the "fine line"... mainly when it involves/involved posters who participated frequently, and most of them were not elderly or sick.

The most example come to mind was [she still is, bless her] -- Island lady. She entertained us with her and Bucky's trips from a rented house to another, and suddenly ["cold turkey" ?] she stopped posting, at least in this thread. I tagged her, out of concern, and she graciously replied that the "lockdown thread is no more relevant to her". Fair enough, and since then she wasn't "mentioned" anymore.

"davekathy" stopped posting along with Island lady too.

Or "Domino D", who was really a very active poster, and... puff! Lately, since he posted about a very sick dog of his, there was concern. At least he came back 8 months later, updating that he's swamped with work, never to post since.

BUT, when the frequent posters knew that Mimi ( @jagsfan), Greg ( @Sea Dog), Graham ( @grapau27), Bonnie ( @BonTexasNY) , Mark's daughter ( @h20skibum) have operations/health problems [apologies for the shortened list] , or when almost all of us had a "close encounter" with Covid, I think it was acceptable to express concerns and wish full recovery.

Again, for me the "key word" is "fine line".

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have been a member here for over 23 years.  I am a bit snarky and I am a lot no-nonsense kind of guy.  I enjoy most of the members of this forum, and I am glad that I know a bit about some of your lives.  This forum and most others are anonymous forums.  IE I am xpcdoojk.  This is not Facebook.  Many people post in this forum under many IDs and avatars.  So, I go way out of my way to not try to make this into facebook.  I am not a fan of FB, and I think the stalking potential in all of these forms of social media lend themselves exceptionally to it.  So, I rarely join in on the happy birthday, happy anniversary, I hope you feel better soon, sorry for the loss of your loved one, what a cute cat, Billy Joel was at my bar mitzvah in 1965, etc.  

This thread is a nice respite from CC and its all around snarkiness, bullying, and tattling to the teacher nature.  I like it.  I read it when I can.  

I come to this forum for information, to squash misinformation, and to learn things about cruising that I can take away a nugget of information that will help me and my DW enjoy a cruise we are taking or planning.  That said, I do it to pass time to as do many of you.  

I do worry about folks that I assume are older if they dissappear, but I am not going to do a door to door search.  People come and go here all of the time for many reasons.  If they want to share why, then maybe we know otherwise I THINK IT IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

as you were

jc😂

What's wrong with you?

Edited by Arzeena

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

BUT, when the frequent posters knew that Mimi ( @jagsfan), Greg ( @Sea Dog), Graham ( @grapau27), Bonnie ( @BonTexasNY) , Mark's daughter ( @h20skibum) have operations/health problems [apologies for the shortened list] , or when almost all of us had a "close encounter" with Covid, I think it was acceptable to express concerns and wish full recovery.

I agree with you Dani, it is a fine line.  And a simple inquiry is just that - an inquiry.  It doesn’t mean going door to door searching, or doing some type of online deep-dive to learn more. I certainly have no interest in that type of thing. But I will continue to ask about the well being of the regulars here because to me that’s just the courteous thing to do.  If they choose not to answer or respond, then so be it. I wouldn’t keep asking & tagging them over & over or trying other means to find out what’s going on. 
Just MHO. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Have you ever done Le Petit Chef before?   We enjoyed it the one time we did it.  It was a very interesting presentation, but it was probably a one and done for us.  

We have done it multiple times and always enjoy it , i know many people agree with you on one and done, wouldn't do it more than once on a cruise. Very nice lunch in luminae today with a enjoyable conversation   with table next to us . Will do a little more gambling this afternoon and then need to pack before dinner. Turns out celebrity gave us 700 dollars off for future cruise because of a minor issue, butler must have pushed that because we didn't.

• Like 6

On our walk today down by the water front, what shall appear...................Looks like our cat Jessie got loose from our house in Virginia. 😲

Look what we found just like they have in Key  West, Southport has their Buoy too.

20221203_124007.jpg

20221203_124028.jpg

20221203_124035.jpg

20221203_122306.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Agree.

I was just trying to find the "fine line"... mainly when it involves/involved posters who participated frequently, and most of them were not elderly or sick.

The most example come to mind was [she still is, bless her] -- Island lady. She entertained us with her and Bucky's trips from a rented house to another, and suddenly ["cold turkey" ?] she stopped posting, at least in this thread. I tagged her, out of concern, and she graciously replied that the "lockdown thread is no more relevant to her". Fair enough, and since then she wasn't "mentioned" anymore.

Or "Domino D", who was really a very active poster, and... puff! Lately, since he posted about a very sick dog of his, there was concern. At least he came back 8 months later, updating that he's swamped with work, never to post since.

Thank you Dani.

I enjoy the chat and friendliness here on your thread.

I have a hospital appointment on Monday 12th to have 2 suspicious lesions on my face removed.

Graham.

• Like 9

We also went into the Visitor Center and learned about all the Movies that were made in Southport,NC...I'm sure some of you have heard of these movies before.

20221203_121226.jpg

20221203_121318.jpg

20221203_121340.jpg

20221203_121236.jpg

20221203_121249.jpg

20221203_121255.jpg

20221203_121624.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

What's wrong with you?

Reasonably sure nothing.  

I agree with what Dani said as well.  I am just explaining how I view CC in general.  I am not pooping on anyone.  

Feel free to ignore me.  My cat used to as well.  

jc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Agree.

I personally can’t thank everyone enough for the inquiries and care when I had my knee replacement. All the outpouring of love and care helped me get through it. I for one am thankful for what the thread is and hope it continues that way.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Wow looks like I’ve missed a lot of posts. Sorry I haven’t been around the last two days I’ve been getting ready for our second of 3 dinner parties at my home. Tonight will be somewhat of a repeat even though it is for different guests. 3 couples that live in our neighborhood where all of our sons grew up together and were best friends. Tonight’s menu will be my marinated filets and twice baked and sweet potatoes. I’m making my Greek Orzo salad again and our other couples are bringing  appetizer, vegetable dish, and one couple makes a killer chocolate mousse that we have every year. Should be fun. I’ll check in tomorrow.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Some pictures from the shops we stopped in at.

This Lady was photo Bombing my Pictures. She looked very calm.

20221203_110949.jpg

20221203_111003.jpg

This store had just about everything you could think of.

20221203_111201.jpg

Hotter and Hell Sauce sounds to hot for me !!

20221203_111318.jpg

Jalapeno Pepper Sauce sounds interesting

20221203_111612.jpg

Can't find a Sea Dog shirt thus far........for the Dog Lovers in this thread.

20221203_111839.jpg

20221203_112624.jpg

20221203_112939.jpg

Pickle Fork..........very interesting. Still researching this? Has anyone every heard of one of these before?

20221203_114528.jpg

Those cans might be good for a weeks vacation just like lighthouse cookies.😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow looks like I’ve missed a lot of posts. Sorry I haven’t been around the last two days I’ve been getting ready for our second of 3 dinner parties at my home. Tonight will be somewhat of a repeat even though it is for different guests. 3 couples that live in our neighborhood where all of our sons grew up together and were best friends. Tonight’s menu will be my marinated filets and twice baked and sweet potatoes. I’m making my Greek Orzo salad again and our other couples are bringing  appetizer, vegetable dish, and one couple makes a killer chocolate mousse that we have every year. Should be fun. I’ll check in tomorrow.

I live in the wrong place. Any houses for sale on your street?

• Like 1
  • Haha 9