Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We also went into the Visitor Center and learned about all the Movies that were made in Southport,NC...I'm sure some of you have heard of these movies before.

20221203_121226.jpg

20221203_121318.jpg

20221203_121340.jpg

20221203_121236.jpg

20221203_121249.jpg

20221203_121255.jpg

20221203_121624.jpg

Weekend at B's is the only one I've heard of.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Dani.

I enjoy the chat and friendliness here on your thread.

I have a hospital appointment on Monday 12th to have 2 suspicious lesions on my face removed.

Graham.

Wishing you  all the best for their removal Graham and for benign results and getting the all clear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We also went into the Visitor Center and learned about all the Movies that were made in Southport,NC...I'm sure some of you have heard of these movies before.

20221203_121226.jpg

20221203_121318.jpg

20221203_121340.jpg

20221203_121236.jpg

20221203_121249.jpg

20221203_121255.jpg

20221203_121624.jpg

Love this.  Loved Safe Haven.  I don’t read  Nicholas Sparks books but occasionally when we are in the mood, my girlfriend and I go see one of his movies.  They  are  like Christmas movies, if you are in the right mood, you enjoy.

• Like 2

Last night, we walked from our hotel to Eat Street.  There was a bit of a breeze but it was a pleasant 20 min walk.  We hadn’t heard of Eat Street but the hotel receptionist recommended it to us, particularly for my daughter.

its $5pp entry and it’s a series out outdoor spaces on a dock amongst shipping containers on the river edge in Brisbane.  It offers every type of casual eats you can imagine,live music and roaming Christmas characters and lots of fairy lights and illuminated signs for photos. Very popular.  Lots of families, couples and dogs.  
DD had Indian, I had Moreton Bay bugs & chips.  We grabbed a table by the water and watched the sun set.  
Lots of delicious dessert options but we had to give those a miss.  Instead we went and did a Photo Booth session with props.  That was fun.  A nice casual evening.

• Like 9

I tend to lurk more than post.  Mainly because we are not cruising anytime soon.  Still hearing of cruises with masks, testing etc. midway through and that would completely ruin a trip for us. However we do have trips planned for next year and will post interesting tidbits from them.  Today we drove over to Bellingrath gardens.  Lovely gardens and very interesting home and story of the owners.  You could smell the rose garden before you saw it.1353583902_Bellingrath1.thumb.jpeg.f2eccb8414ac41d8568c02d09f78266b.jpeg

2022964379_Bellingrath3.jpeg.ffe36da7c71fe9dd55e92539bbdc3200.jpeg

941769700_Bellingrath2.thumb.jpeg.7413eb295e8be9eeb9c71d4ff64b8044.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Bonnie, I am not directing this at you or Lenny or anybody specific🥰, so please please please don't take it wrongly, and am very happy that people look out for each other, and since there was a question for "what does one think" (by Dani? or someobody else here?....) I am not understanding where to draw the line between "genuine concern" and "stalking". I do notice when a regular does not post for some time, and I think maybe they want to stay that way for a bit, for some personal reason of thier own and I say a prayer for them hoping for the best.

Arzeena, the gal Lenny and I mentioned posted on our message board daily for more years than I remember, but longer than this thread which was why we were so concerned.  The poster who found out what happened did not stalk to find out what happened.  She just used the info Rachel posted herself.  It's hard to read about someone's personal life for approx. 5 years daily and then poof never see her posts again without knowing what happened to her.

Yes, there is a fine line but in Rachel's case it was warranted.

One more thing.  If your post was not directed at me and Lenny, why mention our names?

It's all good.  This is a place of genuine concern.  That's all folks.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

You have a celebratated entertainer near you😀

Taylor's house is up for sale and might have been sold already.  

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Search and watch "Safe Heaven"...a  very good movie.

Safe Haven.  Yes, a very good movie with a very exceptionally moving ending. 

• Like 3

Hi all, I’ve got 19 pages to catch up on that I’ll do on my flight home from Honolulu. However I thought I’d just drop a few photos from what was the most beautiful part of this trip, cruising the Na Pali coast. This is to Hawaii what the passage to the glacier is in Alaska. 

My pictures can not do justice to the beauty of this area. E37CC624-3E53-4F73-9B4F-F122B42C32E1.thumb.jpeg.c4623d562311deeedebb7a0f7cc0fa00.jpeg

4E140F95-72F6-4118-BCF5-395B11C3E5BC.thumb.jpeg.f57641cd3d4057cd4e1300a195620660.jpeg

34B46443-D01F-44DD-A58E-FA3E048FFD83.thumb.jpeg.3835c163a25da76572ffc4914875df73.jpeg

6A8FFDA2-3B49-4694-99CE-96170CED70B5.thumb.jpeg.83f36779e427adef9fbf3b58c0572496.jpeg

I’ll give a little synopsis of NCL’s Pride of America when I get settled at home. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Love this.  Loved Safe Haven.  I don’t read  Nicholas Sparks books but occasionally when we are in the mood, my girlfriend and I go see one of his movies.  They  are  like Christmas movies, if you are in the right mood, you enjoy.

Great movie, we are watching it again now.

29 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Arzeena, the gal Lenny and I mentioned posted on our message board daily for more years than I remember, but longer than this thread which was why we were so concerned.  The poster who found out what happened did not stalk to find out what happened.  She just used the info Rachel posted herself.  It's hard to read about someone's personal life for approx. 5 years daily and then poof never see her posts again without knowing what happened to her.

Yes, there is a fine line but in Rachel's case it was warranted.

One more thing.  If your post was not directed at me and Lenny, why mention our names?

It's all good.  This is a place of genuine concern.  That's all folks.

Taylor's house is up for sale and might have been sold already.  

Safe Haven.  Yes, a very good movie with a very exceptionally moving ending. 

Great movie, we are watching it again now.

We had the drinks tonight at Ivan's

The place now is called the American Fish Company, the original Ivan's sign though is still there.

https://americanfishco.com/

20220424_104340.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

A ski resort in BC.

Awesome job when you're young and single!

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Woot Woot!   Suitcases are out of closet.  Doing laundry now.   My Boss told me last night he called Royal and we should have a gift when we board.   I'm excited to find out what he sent us.

Have a great time on your cruise, Debbie and Eric.  Have a Kraken Colada for me, please!  Bon Voyage tomorrow.  Enjoy!!!!!🛳️

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My work colleague and I share a love of cruising but can’t take holidays at the same time.  We often take cruises close to each other though.  One time we did back to back on the Voyager, so she arranged for the room steward to leave a gift in our a cabin before they disembarked.  Arrived in my cabin to find a gift wrapped “Cruising Queen” Royal mug.  Small gift but much appreciated and still used.

What a sweet and generous gesture on her part!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well for what it's worth, I'm boarding allure tomorrow. 

I think last we went to ER for moms neck wouldnt bend. 6 days later her oxygen dropped and she called me and 911. Yes it was 80 to 86. Normal around 96, anything under 90, call 911. Might be pneumonia so back admitted. Xrays had a dark area in her lungs. So the hospital and me started looking and we found a place where mom can do rehab. Very nice. I told mom to think of it as a cruise and stay as long as she wants. Their website says 6k private room. Havent talked to them about what is added on. I called one asst living and they want $800 extra to supervise medication a month. 

We will deal with whatever, it's about $200 a day, not much different than my cruises this dec. She is getting 3 rehab people, a doctor, good food, beauty shop. Nice library. Very nice place. So we found a place she transferred to last wednesday, just in time for me to get ready for allure. We will decide about coming home or not ready yet when I come back from allure. She is much more relaxed there then at home imo where she has all kinds of people taking care of her. She was getting ocd about taking her vitals and that had to stop. We been to er 4 times lately. 

So I'm getting my cruise. I didnt have to cancel. Lol and I picked up my crashed car last tuesday, days to spare. Supposed to be the 23rd but new door came in scratched and had to be fixed. Not my fault accident. Someone drove into me. At least I didnt have to cancel. 

• Like 17