Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol bad luck is following me. Another wall socket shorted out 2 days ago. I'll call when I get home.

I got to the hotel and my key didnt work and the lady worked here 2 days and no clue. Another guy came on at 4 pm ..who hates computers. Finally about 530 he got a key that worked for another room. So I moved. This hotel has free cruise parking. I got a maid to let me in.

So now I'm in and rcl sends me a email about possible fog in the morning delaying my boarding. Hahahah. Cant make this up. First fog letter I ever got.

Oh Jane. You have had a run of bad luck lately. I hope the cruise lets you get away from some of the stresses at home. 😊

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Stopped for lunch while we were down on the waterfront at "Provisions"

It was really good, steamed Shrimp with a Crab Cake,Onion Rings and an awesome Bowl of Hot Chowder.

20221203_130430.jpg

Wow yum, all my favourites 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, George C said:

I am a very happy boy just won several hundred playing Caribbean poker and a little on roulette. Will most likely post again after we are back in Dallas , good cruise except for some , minor annoyance . 

Well done !!

I also had a win on premium bonds today. I normally have small wins each month but today had one of several hundred pounds,  just in time for Christmas shopping 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well for what it's worth, I'm boarding allure tomorrow. 

I think last we went to ER for moms neck wouldnt bend. 6 days later her oxygen dropped and she called me and 911. Yes it was 80 to 86. Normal around 96, anything under 90, call 911. Might be pneumonia so back admitted. Xrays had a dark area in her lungs. So the hospital and me started looking and we found a place where mom can do rehab. Very nice. I told mom to think of it as a cruise and stay as long as she wants. Their website says 6k private room. Havent talked to them about what is added on. I called one asst living and they want $800 extra to supervise medication a month. 

We will deal with whatever, it's about $200 a day, not much different than my cruises this dec. She is getting 3 rehab people, a doctor, good food, beauty shop. Nice library. Very nice place. So we found a place she transferred to last wednesday, just in time for me to get ready for allure. We will decide about coming home or not ready yet when I come back from allure. She is much more relaxed there then at home imo where she has all kinds of people taking care of her. She was getting ocd about taking her vitals and that had to stop. We been to er 4 times lately. 

So I'm getting my cruise. I didnt have to cancel. Lol and I picked up my crashed car last tuesday, days to spare. Supposed to be the 23rd but new door came in scratched and had to be fixed. Not my fault accident. Someone drove into me. At least I didnt have to cancel. 

Enjoy your cruise firefly, you'll be more relaxed knowing your mum is safe and comfortable.

The home my mum went into when her dementia got too bad for her to cope with was around £5000 a month, but it was brand new so we got the pick of the rooms amd the staff were wonderful. We could also use her furniture and decorate it as we wanted.

They had lovely grounds and a cinema room and beautician and hair saloon

A nursing home would of cost more 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@firefly333

Thanks for sharing your experiences right now.

Wishing you the best of times and have a safe journey.

I hope only fun, uneventful days ahead.

Take care

Thanks. Btw she never smoked. I hear it a lot like if you get copd you must have smoked. Her vitals at home just arent stable and she was ocd about checking them. These breathing treatments imo are so much better than at home. I'm not sure how long she will stay, but it's good to see her stable for a change. She is like me and happy reading books and wasnt anxious to get eat with all the others. I'm betting they encourage her to get out there while I'm gone. 

I think I have 6 books with me for allure b2b lol. Hahaha. I really cut back,  my suitcase was too heavy. I'm looking forward to seeing a guy from my march cruise weve been emailing and from sea to shining sea will be on week 2 with her group of 10, her kids and their kids are flying out from calif. Always familiar faces. Cant wait to see helen and marty. They will be on bellas cruise for you to meet this wonderful couple. ..getting close to bellas.

• Like 5

Today (24 Celsius) it was DH's turn to spend the day with a middle school friend, who is visiting from Miami.

I took the opportunity to "take away" lunch from a modest and very old establishment (1974) of Yemenite food in my previous neighborhood (we moved 3 times in the same city...).

The "shawarma" was enjoyed with fries and cabbage. Bliss.

image.thumb.jpeg.8882ca645aff651adfd6cc8574df77b5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2817b7636777bc58f54781228394b0f3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3b189aa26aa993b026342c2622957ae6.jpeg

• Like 25

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Today (24 Celsius) it was DH's turn to spend the day with a middle school friend, who is visiting from Miami.

I took the opportunity to "take away" lunch from a modest and very old establishment (1974) of Yemenite food in my previous neighborhood (we moved 3 times in the same city...).

Looks yummy.   I hope everyone has a great time with their visit🥰

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I love shawarma and shashlik but only if it's lamb.  We used to go to Ohr Yehuda for all that Middle Eastern authentic food.  I remember the name of the restaurant was "Exodus".  I'm talking 30 years ago!

Hope your DH has a delightful time with his friend.  24 celcius is a very comfortable temperature especially for December, even in Israel.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Arzeena, the gal Lenny and I mentioned posted on our message board daily for more years than I remember, but longer than this thread which was why we were so concerned.  The poster who found out what happened did not stalk to find out what happened.  She just used the info Rachel posted herself.  It's hard to read about someone's personal life for approx. 5 years daily and then poof never see her posts again without knowing what happened to her.

Yes, there is a fine line but in Rachel's case it was warranted.

One more thing.  If your post was not directed at me and Lenny, why mention our names?

It's all good.  This is a place of genuine concern.  That's all folks.

I mentioned or quoted you two because the thought occured after reading about R and then I also remembered Dani talking about the "fine line". So it was just that. Just a thought, or a question. Nothing more. I did not say that the poster or whoever stalked. I asked exactly the same question that Dani asked. I will say that "fine lines" are very dependent on circumstance, situations and context. Let's move on in good faith.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Keksie said:

I tend to lurk more than post.  Mainly because we are not cruising anytime soon.  Still hearing of cruises with masks, testing etc. midway through and that would completely ruin a trip for us. However we do have trips planned for next year and will post interesting tidbits from them.  Today we drove over to Bellingrath gardens.  Lovely gardens and very interesting home and story of the owners.  You could smell the rose garden before you saw it.1353583902_Bellingrath1.thumb.jpeg.f2eccb8414ac41d8568c02d09f78266b.jpeg

2022964379_Bellingrath3.jpeg.ffe36da7c71fe9dd55e92539bbdc3200.jpeg

941769700_Bellingrath2.thumb.jpeg.7413eb295e8be9eeb9c71d4ff64b8044.jpeg

This is beautiful. Where is Bellingrath Garden?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well for what it's worth, I'm boarding allure tomorrow. 

I think last we went to ER for moms neck wouldnt bend. 6 days later her oxygen dropped and she called me and 911. Yes it was 80 to 86. Normal around 96, anything under 90, call 911. Might be pneumonia so back admitted. Xrays had a dark area in her lungs. So the hospital and me started looking and we found a place where mom can do rehab. Very nice. I told mom to think of it as a cruise and stay as long as she wants. Their website says 6k private room. Havent talked to them about what is added on. I called one asst living and they want $800 extra to supervise medication a month. 

We will deal with whatever, it's about $200 a day, not much different than my cruises this dec. She is getting 3 rehab people, a doctor, good food, beauty shop. Nice library. Very nice place. So we found a place she transferred to last wednesday, just in time for me to get ready for allure. We will decide about coming home or not ready yet when I come back from allure. She is much more relaxed there then at home imo where she has all kinds of people taking care of her. She was getting ocd about taking her vitals and that had to stop. We been to er 4 times lately. 

So I'm getting my cruise. I didnt have to cancel. Lol and I picked up my crashed car last tuesday, days to spare. Supposed to be the 23rd but new door came in scratched and had to be fixed. Not my fault accident. Someone drove into me. At least I didnt have to cancel. 

Best wishes to your Mom.

I am happy for your that you didn't have to cancel. Enjoy your cruise and tell us all about it when you get back.

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@JimboHey Jim..is Southport NC anywhere near I-95??

I had the same thought looking at Jimbo's pictures. To see if it was a good place to stop going south. Looked it up, and no it would be quite a diversion for us.

When are you guys heading to Naples?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are awaiting our chariot.  Chris to arrive around 11 am to drive us to Cape Liberty cruise terminal.   

Estimated drive time is 1 hr 20 mins.   Hoping we don't have line up of cars that we had end of Aug. For our Oasis sailing.   

Enjoy your cruise! Bon Voyage!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We used to go to Ohr Yehuda for all that Middle Eastern authentic food.  I remember the name of the restaurant was "Exodus".

We also liked to go to Ohr Yehuda ("ours" was Antebe; Exodus doesn't exist anymore...), but the traffic is horrendous, so we gave up years ago.

It used to be that you knew when the rush hour is, and plan accordingly. For example, after 10am it was "plain sailing". Not anymore. All hours are "rush hours"....

Rare to find shawarma from lamb here. Too expensive.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I would take your 24°C day over our 26°F day this morning, with a feels like 16°F.  Our heater got it up to 50° in the gazebo, which made it nice for a soak in the hot tub. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, akcruz said:

To add here is map view.  Southport is south of Wilmington, NC.  We are about an hour away just south of the NC/SC border.  We enjoy going up for the day, real cute little town with great water views.

311368241_Screenshot_20221203_203804_Maps2.thumb.jpg.414a75ea572e83d5f50a725d2b5bbcf0.jpg

Thanks for sharing this, April.  So, it looks like it would be at least an hour and a half from I-95 in Lumberton?  We usually stay overnight in Lumberton on the first night of our trip to Naples.  On the way home, we stay in Stafford, Virginia.

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh Jane. You have had a run of bad luck lately. I hope the cruise lets you get away from some of the stresses at home. 😊

@firefly333You sure are having a run of bad luck.  However, it sounds like you've got your Mom in just the right place to help her gain back her strength and independence.  Enjoy your cruise this week, and relax!!

• Like 2