Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Cruise question.  Last cruise was 2018 so I'm rusty with current info. When are luggage tags available to print?  We're 2 days away from checking in to our Feb. cruise.  Will they be available at that time?  Unlike some in here who prefer a later check in, we're antsy and want to get on board as soon as possible.  We're ok shlepping our hand baggage with us until cabins are available.

Check-in is 45 days out.  Usually you can get your Check-in time at 12:01am.  The luggage tags will not be ready until closer to cruising. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone that gave housing suggestions for my daughter moving to CA in a few weeks. There was nothing available in Palo Alto so she will be living in Mountain View. She sold, donated and sent to storage everything but her cat and some clothes. Her next step is her flight out of Chicago on Friday, if possible. Thanks again!

• Like 14

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I had read a post that there were deletions. Tonight was the first time I read the thread. Definitely, some personality-conflict between a couple of them as well as one that seems to invent long-winded debates out of thin air.

Just posted on the Blizzard thread (now in Floataway) that's it'll be mid-40's on Thursday & 54 on Friday here in northern NYC suburbs.

Predictions of close to 60 here on Friday but stormy and 13 degrees on Saturday with heavy wind.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Pat, I've read your area (?) had quite a strong earthquake. Are you OK? 😘

Thanks for asking. We're fine. The 6.4 earthquake yesterday was about 300 miles north of us. We had a little 3.1 quake locally, this morning. We didn't even feel it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Predictions of close to 60 here on Friday but stormy and 13 degrees on Saturday with heavy wind.

Our focast.  Tomorrow at 10am 43⁰,  Friday at 8am 0⁰ Real Feel -27⁰.  

I'm going to carry a bag around Friday.   I am concerned that I will freeze my butt off and I will need some place to keep it.  😆 

Not often do I see y'all having warmer days than we are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 12/19/2022 at 6:12 PM, helen haywood said:

We made it!!

Minnie watching her tree being reassembled and then relaxin it…

45A3181F-CD24-4886-A154-B6622B0855C9.thumb.jpeg.b38c034990b9d314a6b8d0c8e1d24d4f.jpeg

C68B8D1B-07CC-4ACB-ABF8-9A954171B46B.thumb.jpeg.533c4f80cd09facfb50d7a14a725dd2c.jpeg

I guess now I can officially welcome you to the neighborhood!!! Glad to hear that the cats made the trip successfully. While it looks like you’re experiencing weather in the 50s/60s, we’re expecting a high of 4F here in Cincinnati on Friday. Brrrrrrrr. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today was a travel day for me as well as Zoey. 

They would not give a definite discharge time for her and I wanted to get home avoiding rush hour In Dayton, Columbus and Akron. 

So I left at 11:30am and got home at 3:30. 
Akron is undergoing massive road destruction and it was very slow moving coming home. But going south 76 is almost completely finished!!!

Zoey went home at 2 pm.  We will be with them on Christmas for a few days. 

01587DD5-9A05-472F-9D65-A5A53DE294DD.thumb.jpeg.9800386797a4cee126f34b0dcadf4fd8.jpeg

Now as to not ignore my Lizzy the minute I hugged her and the ((((((Purrs))))))) we’re loud and constant. I knew I was missed. 

As I was unpacking I put my robe on over my shorty pajamas. ( no picture not gonna scare you). The leg rubs from Lizzy were constantly happening. I realized I needed to shave.  So in the shower I went and Lizzy sat on the throne. When I came out she laid on my feet. 
Wet feet and all I was definitely missed. 

So as I am setting the table for dinner she was attentively at my side. 

3F995C24-CD6C-49A7-AF66-68D672F58802.thumb.jpeg.b631f66571904d3c14a00c325500d07d.jpeg

Time to chill. 

Oh dinner,  Rick is cooking.  So I told him to surprise me.  He is.  Carry out from one of our favorite restaurants. Gotta love him. 

Now tomorrow after a 7am store run, gotta catch up on 4 days of CC. 

Putting on a full pot of coffee. 

Take care. 

Mama lions 

• Like 22

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

They would not give a definite discharge time for her and I wanted to get home avoiding rush hour In Dayton, Columbus and Akron. 

So I left at 11:30am and got home at 3:30. 
Akron is undergoing massive road destruction and it was very slow moving coming home. But going south 76 is almost completely finished!!!

Zoey went home at 2 pm.  We will be with them on Christmas for a few days. 

01587DD5-9A05-472F-9D65-A5A53DE294DD.thumb.jpeg.9800386797a4cee126f34b0dcadf4fd8.jpeg

Now as to not ignore my Lizzy the minute I hugged her and the ((((((Purrs))))))) we’re loud and constant. I knew I was missed. 

As I was unpacking I put my robe on over my shorty pajamas. ( no picture not gonna scare you). The leg rubs from Lizzy were constantly happening. I realized I needed to shave.  So in the shower I went and Lizzy sat on the throne. When I came out she laid on my feet. 
Wet feet and all I was definitely missed. 

So as I am setting the table for dinner she was attentively at my side. 

3F995C24-CD6C-49A7-AF66-68D672F58802.thumb.jpeg.b631f66571904d3c14a00c325500d07d.jpeg

Time to chill. 

Oh dinner,  Rick is cooking.  So I told him to surprise me.  He is.  Carry out from one of our favorite restaurants. Gotta love him. 

Now tomorrow after a 7am store run, gotta catch up on 4 days of CC. 

Putting on a full pot of coffee. 

Take care. 

Mama lions 

Lovely photo of Zoey & Lizzy.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Forcast for Thursday here, windchill -15 to -30.  🥶 I can not believe it.

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I had read a post that there were deletions. Tonight was the first time I read the thread. Definitely, some personality-conflict between a couple of them as well as one that seems to invent long-winded debates out of thin air.

Just posted on the Blizzard thread (now in Floataway) that's it'll be mid-40's on Thursday & 54 on Friday here in northern NYC suburbs.

A friend posted from Naples that it's going to be 35 degrees there...

• Like 2

Since I got back from the cruise, our office kitchen has been full of Christmas goodies from suppliers - so many chocolates….we also support a charity that makes a superb fruitcake, so I bought one  and donated to the office kitchen.  Then one of our suppliers also baked a huge alcohol soaked panettone like cake with chocolate topping and centre.Half our office works from home these days, so there was no way all of it was going to be eaten.  I asked if I could take a wedge over for my dad and the answer was yes and would he like a commercial box of Panettone too.  Took them over last night & he was delighted.  Driving home, the Christmas lights on homes near him were amazing.  

• Like 8

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It really is amazing.  Our last grandbaby is eight.  Nobody will give me any more😢

Same here...but, we sure are Blessed with the grandchildren we do have😉

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

... and just like that, the 1st baby teeth has fallen 😁

image.thumb.jpeg.e1a20645fd6915f0de49d89de36611a5.jpeg

Your grandson looks so proud, Dani.  He sure is a cutie!

49 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Mimi @jagsfan

Long time no "sea" ... ...    glad to have you back posting 😘 and, of course, your grand-grandkids are lovely 🌼

+1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Zoey is precious!  Glad you got home safely and back to your Lizzy.  It sure sounds like you are loved and missed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our focast.  Tomorrow at 10am 43⁰,  Friday at 8am 0⁰ Real Feel -27⁰.  

I'm going to carry a bag around Friday.   I am concerned that I will freeze my butt off and I will need some place to keep it.  😆 

Not often do I see y'all having warmer days than we are.

I live in the Southern part of NY😀

• Like 2