Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Helen and Marty, safe travels.  I know you will have a good time.  
We are doing opposites… you’re headed to warmth,☀️ I’m heading to colder.  🥶Currently on Brilliance for a B2B to Alaska. In SF tomorrow for an overnight.

It is sunny, but chilly here, Pat. We still haven't turned the heater off. If we weren't having the kitchen painted this week, we would love to drive over and see you! But we have to be here with the painters. 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

It's been so long since I watched a. Episode I had forgotten all about that show.

I used to be hooked on it then, for some reason, got away from it. This is the first time that I've watched in quite awhile.

• Like 1

Our day didn’t go nearly as planned today. We got a call early this morning from our daughter, saying our grandson was sick, and asking us to watch him today.  So we spent the day there, playing games and otherwise entertaining him. Hopefully he is better tomorrow. 

Does this mean Ricky was bad?  Maybe this is better than the other kind of Monopoly. 

EC56798A-7FCA-4F07-8215-3F725CF73014.thumb.jpeg.beae18fdba45b5d92f2e99b7fc38bd09.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 15

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I used to be hooked on it then, for some reason, got away from it. This is the first time that I've watched in quite awhile.

Same here.  We booked an excursion for this summer in ketchikan to go onboard one of the ships from one of the first few seasons.  Aleutian Ballad i think it is.  sounded like fun having watched so many episodes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Helen and Marty, safe travels.  I know you will have a good time.  
We are doing opposites… you’re headed to warmth,☀️ I’m heading to colder.  🥶Currently on Brilliance for a B2B to Alaska. In SF tomorrow for an overnight.

Have a great time Pat, I wish I was with you.

1 hour ago, MsOzark_Kid said:

This is my first post to CC. Someone told me this was a cool place to hang out!

Welcome Sharon to the family. I think you will like it here.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Watching something I haven't watched in quite awhile... Deadliest Catch. I'd last about 2.5 minutes on one of those boats.... no Windjammer or Schooner Bar.

I recorded it to watch Friday night. I’m interested in that new female captain that was featured in the movie the “Perfect Storm.” The actress played George Clooney’s love interest. Apparently the real life captain was the one who urged the crew of Andrea Gail to turn around from the storm. She and her boat made it back safely. The crew of the Andrea Gail did not. Her name is Linda Greenlaw.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie put the heat on against our wishes.  He is always cold while we three are roasting!

I came home from work to find Eric put the heat back on today.   He's always cold too.  I wasn't happy.

Thursday is suppose to be back in mid to high 70s.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I recorded it to watch Friday night. I’m interested in that new female captain that was featured in the movie the “Perfect Storm.” The actress played George Clooney’s love interest. Apparently the real life captain was the one who urged the crew of Andrea Gail to turn around from the storm. She and her boat made it back safely. The crew of the Andrea Gail did not. Her name is Linda Greenlaw.

She has made a brief appearance already. She is co-captain on Summer Bay with Wild Bill who I've never really cared for.

• Like 2

Oh yes! @taznremmy I wanted to mention that I finally applied for SS starting in June. And our agency is fully integrated with SS, so I get the full amount! In accordance with the one of their directives, my pension was reduced by $40/month, ever since I started taking it. NBD, because it is still a very generous pension. And I will probably just invest or add much of the SS benefit to my savings. 😊

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Someone gave me an address of a park not far from me that has beautiful bluebonnets.  I'll take pictures and attempt to post.

For now, this is a stock picture somewhere in TX.

image.png.f563d3893fd714be54a6501e09ee2f62.png

I saw a post on FB where a couple of cops/deputies (don't remember which) did a cutesy photo shoot (think girlie senior pictures) in a bluebell field for their department's social media page.  

I love it when cops get to show their fun/human side... too often all we ever hear about are the bad apples, when the rest of the bushel is full of good apples!

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I saw a post on FB where a couple of cops/deputies (don't remember which) did a cutesy photo shoot (think girlie senior pictures) in a bluebell field for their department's social media page.  

I love it when cops get to show their fun/human side... too often all we ever hear about are the bad apples, when the rest of the bushel is full of good apples!

I went back and looked up the pictures....

336733674_741328187458830_694324814564421319_n.jpg.22872d0dc84f69011a049e5f3aec7438.jpg

336725191_230753116204683_8795153357731111994_n.jpg.e7078b4c77c29ffd95a57557922422db.jpg

336711445_178598555065999_7349197175140901895_n.jpg.f4eb74c6be3b107c357293cca46786f8.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

His kids seem to have faded out of the program. I wonder what happened to them.

There was a spin off show with Josh and that the other captain who helped him learn to run Cornelia Marie ( can’t remember his name) where they fished in Hawaii.  I saw a few episodes- not terrible but not that good either.  Not sure if that has been cancelled now or what.  The youngest son had drug/alcohol issues last i heard.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I went back and looked up the pictures...

336733674_741328187458830_694324814564421319_n.jpg.22872d0dc84f69011a049e5f3aec7438.jpg

336725191_230753116204683_8795153357731111994_n.jpg.e7078b4c77c29ffd95a57557922422db.jpg

336711445_178598555065999_7349197175140901895_n.jpg.f4eb74c6be3b107c357293cca46786f8.jpg

Hey Debi, the flowers are Bluebonnets, the ice cream is Bluebell.  Look at me!!  After living here for 19 years I'm finally getting to be a real Texan!  I just need to develop a taste for Dr. Pepper and say y'all when talking to one person.

I wanted to quote your previous post where you mentioned "bluebells" but quoted the above instead.  So funny!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hey Debi, the flowers are Bluebonnets, the ice cream is Bluebell.  Look at me!!  After living here for 19 years I'm finally getting to be a real Texan!  I just need to develop a taste for Dr. Pepper and say y'all when talking to one person.

I wanted to quote your previous post where you mentioned "bluebells" but quoted the above instead.  So funny!

This is too funny.... I was thinking of ice cream tonight -- can you tell?  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My Koi seem to be "chomping at the bit" for me to begin feeding season, but I'm waiting for temps to be around 55 during the day, and 50 at night.  That's what I was told at the Koi Garden store by me.  

Good to know  I'm never quite sure when to start feeding. I started a week or so ago, it's around 9 to 15 c here. Not sure what that is in f 🤔 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie put the heat on against our wishes.  He is always cold while we three are roasting!

My DH too, though I think it's his heart meds thinning his blood. It's a game in the car, he turns up the heating, I turn it down and so on...

• Like 3

Not sure if all robins are hatched, but definitely three. Here's a pic from this morning cam. Both parents are busy feeding . Apparently according to Google they should fledge in 2 weeks from hatching 

IMG-20230419-WA0007_resized(1).thumb.jpg.f0d585d1b034a7bf5895eda524804954.jpg

• Like 21