Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I like how you anticipated my next question.😊 I actually find the A330 more comfortable than the B737.

That was a given. 

I like the 2/4/2 configuration.  Not a fan of the 3/3/3 or 3/4/3.

That's why I was so happy to get the exit row seats on our next leg as there's only 2 seats as opposed to 3. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Next flight is the 757-300

Not a fan of the B757 though as I understand it they are fun to pilot as they are over powered. For a passenger it isn't much different than flying in a B737. I really like the B767.

Geeze, I love talking about planes.🙂🙂🙂

• Like 5

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Not a fan of the B757 though as I understand it they are fun to pilot. For a passenger it isn't much different than flying in a B737. I really like the B767.

I've flown so little I really can't distinguish the differences other than if I have to sit beside a stranger.  

I did notice on this plane there were no air nozzles that you could control

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That was a given. 

I like the 2/4/2 configuration.  Not a fan of the 3/3/3 or 3/4/3.

That's why I was so happy to get the exit row seats on our next leg as there's only 2 seats as opposed to 3. 

First class is always 2 across, my knees prefer that . 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I wish my wallet did.

I resisted flying first for a long time , one of our friends said you must try it . Last time we saw her I told her that her suggestion has cost us many thousands over the years .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Next flight is the 757-300

Ken, what time are you getting in to Honolulu?  Where are you staying?

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not a fan of the B757 though as I understand it they are fun to pilot as they are over powered. For a passenger it isn't much different than flying in a B737. I really like the B767.

Geeze, I love talking about planes.🙂🙂🙂

Have you taken any flying lessons, OB?  Sounds like you should.  You will probably love it.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

They are doing a live on Quantum, which has already sailed.  John and the gang are on Ovation.

Yes, there are quite a few reviews going on for different sailings. I have a half dozen tabs open. 

I realized that later. I always get the Quantum class ship names mixed up. 😌

• Like 3

While I’d love first class especially for long hauls the price gets me.  Sometimes you get lucky.  First back from Victoria BC was just $200 more so yes worth it.  Sydney RT it’s more then double the cost so we will be the   ones toward the back of the bus. I can’t justify 5 k pp to fly anywhere when we’ll arrive at the same time.  ( And that’s business class.) 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, George C said:

I resisted flying first for a long time , one of our friends said you must try it . Last time we saw her I told her that her suggestion has cost us many thousands over the years .

We fly Delta,  and we have been able to fly first class fairly cheaply if we select the correct flights. I suspect many businesses have resisted paying the nose bleed prices for their employees to fly first, and those employees won't pay the difference. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Ken, what time are you getting in to Honolulu?  Where are you staying?

Have you taken any flying lessons, OB?  Sounds like you should.  You will probably love it.

Landing at 4pm Island time.  Staying at the best Western by the airport.  Not time to do anything other thsn eat and sleep so no point in owning 2'3 times as much for beachfront. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, George C said:

All of my international business travel was in Business Class and I was Platinum Medallion for many years on Delta.  That meant that I almost always got bumped to First Class domestically.  My Platinum status finally expired a couple of months ago and I recently used the last of my upgrade certificates.  I've still got about a million Delta miles but I'm reserving those for future Business Class tickets to Europe.  If I want First Class domestic now, I need to pay for it.  Once you go First Class, it's hard to go back, so I think it will need to be built into the cost of any future vacations. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, derorim said:

What a frightening video!  

When I watched it, I was glad I saw the storm sitting at home inside.  At one point, it got really dark , and soon after we had a pretty good gust of wind. It was like a wow  moment. I had turned the TV on to a local channel, and they were covering it , showing it on their weather radar.  Of course, we had all the warnings, both on the phone and TV, and emails from the county.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

All of my international business travel was in Business Class and I was Platinum Medallion for many years on Delta.  That meant that I almost always got bumped to First Class domestically.  My Platinum status finally expired a couple of months ago and I recently used the last of my upgrade certificates.  I've still got about a million Delta miles but I'm reserving those for future Business Class tickets to Europe.  If I want First Class domestic now, I need to pay for it.  Once you go First Class, it's hard to go back, so I think it will need to be built into the cost of any future vacations. 

Living in Dallas we need to fly American most of the times, but I like delta first which is normally a little cheaper going to New York City, need a iPad to watch movies now on American, delta still had the little TVs . We had about 300k miles each on American a few years ago and it wasn’t enough for business to Europe . Flying first is like sailing in suites once you get used to it you don’t want to go back.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, George C said:

I like msc , we also received a ten percent discount since I am a veteran, would love to sail there yacht club again . Hopefully next year.

There is talk of yet another new terminal to be built in Galveston for MSC to homeport there in 2025.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

There is talk of yet another new terminal to be built in Galveston for MSC to homeport there in 2025.

I love MSc yacht club fantastic suite perks , hoping to sail from New York City next year since we plan a city trio yearly but Galveston would be great, doing our first Galveston cruise in about 5 years in November on Harmony.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It was a great game. Any time the Rangers win is a good game. 

However, the Rangers are going to have to find another good luck charm. The cost of playoff tickets is high enough but add in the train tickets, parking at the train station, dinner, pre-game drinks, in-game drinks, post-game drinks, snacks, it adds up quickly. Despite the cold rain, we made an entire city day of it 

Today is TV watching day. Bouncing back and forth between  Babylon Berlin & The Crown, both on Netflix. I guess I'm in the mood for period pieces. 

My granddog who predicted the winner of Survivor watched the entire Rangers game .My daughter sent me a picture.He is sleeping over in my house tonight because we are dog watching from tonight to Thursday.I am sure he will want to watch tonight’s game .

• Like 5

This morning I woke up with zero vision in my right eye and a very bad headache.I called my Opthalmologist office and was told that my doctor is not working in the office close to where I live but in an office close to NYC.

Two hours later we arrived at the office.I had several tests and everything was negative.I was referred to a NeuroOpthalmologist but his first appointment is May 15.I am feeling fine now but it was very scary this morning.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2023 at 5:45 PM, dani negreanu said:

…We finally made it to our amazing hotel, and first impression of Madrid — exactly my kind of city. 

It’s great that you made it to Madrid and are loving your hotel. Enjoy your vacation.

• Thanks 1