Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Enjoy all of your grandkids activities,Maryann.

17 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

How lovely that you are able to watch your grandchildren participate in their various activities 

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Enjoy all those activities and watching your grandchildren participate!  

10 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

@BonTexasNY  Safe Travels to you and Jack.  Have a wonderful time.

@Luckynana  Sounds like an enjoyable time with all the activities you have coming up.  It's always fun spending time with the grands.

@h20skibum  Hope your granddaughter is feeling better soon.

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Helen, Thanks for the great pictures. 

@cruiselvr04  So sad to read about the 2 little girls.  It's just heartbreaking.

Thank you everyone.   We are so fortunate to be able to attend four of our grandchildren's activities.  Thanks to YouTube, we've been able to watch our granddaughters in Ct. play Field Hockey from our living room, and two of their High School Graduations, hoping to also catch a close-up of our other Ct. granddaughter at her  Graduation next month.  

• Like 11

18 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Spent the day, yesterday, with our sick granddaughter. Last night was little league opening night festivities to introduce players from every team. That had been postponed from an earlier date due to rain.  

Grandson had his third game, and his team is now 3 for 3. (Uh oh, there are those threes again). Their team was up 14-1 when they called the game for the mercy rule.

Today, we are home with our granddaughter again, and I am off to the cardiologist this morning.  

Congratulations on your grandson's winning team, Mark!  What position does your grandson play?  

I'm sorry to hear that your granddaughter was sick again.  I hope she begins feeling better quickly.    

I do hope you received good news from the cardiologist.🙏

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😆 We found a spot in the Solarium where the internet was working well.  After my first post a crew member told us they were having a private party and we needed to leave.  We moved outside of the Solarium and I couldn't get connected. We just got back to the room and found a letter that we were invited to the private party! 😆 

It would be great if that private party that you were invited to was in the Solarium so you can get back to posting! 😁

• Haha 2

Just now, HBE4 said:

It would be great if that private party that you were invited to was in the Solarium so you can get back to posting! 😁

It was but we didn't see an invite until we got back to the room!. 😂

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Good looking block. Congrats!

@BonTexasNY  Wishing you safe travels for you and Jack and have a fantastic time.

@Luckynana Sounds like a great time. Enjoy!

@FromSea2ShiningSea Loving your pics. Have you seen any good Tiki bars?

Thank you, Greg!  The kids are getting older, two more off to College, no more seeing Field Hockey and LaCrosse after this year.  That leave Tennis and Band for a couple of years more for us.

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

How wonderful that you and Jim can share your grandchildrens happy events. Enjoy and smile with pride!

Thanks Bonnie.  The kids really do make us proud, and we do appreciate how fortunate we are to get to attend their many activities!

Enjoy your time with your grandchildren.  Good to hear that you and Jack got upgraded on your flight, along with the $75 voucher!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was good on the way there.  As the day goes on I have a harder time so about the 8th hour I turned sideways in my seat and laid back in Sharon's lap and she held me in the seat.  We made another stop.  Then bus driver advised me to not go down the step walkway.  I didn't...... for a few minutes and then thought,  I got to get some good pics for my CC friends!  Off I went.  It was the wisest move.  Although it was a steep walk back, it renewed my energy and I was good the rest of the way back.

After my last post I lost internet AGAIN!  I have much more to post of the trip.  It may take awhile but I will keep trying. 

Well John, you are certainly one determined fellow!  That was quite a long day for anyone, and you plowed on, making sure you took pictures for all of us to see.  I am glad that you take such pleasure in your photography.  You certainly have the eye for it, and we are the lucky recipients of your beautiful pictures.  Thank you!

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

One pic said we were in Haiku.  Other pics had no location.   Cell service was bad on this trip. 

B120230503_110703.thumb.jpg.c3e81a1b7339547970600ed38ead3333.jpg

B220230503_110749.thumb.jpg.03f27149df9316aa7a9c5e4e3130a1a7.jpg

B320230503_111059.thumb.jpg.7a465cfa94749d9367ccbe3d1ec89cb0.jpg

And another attempt to load a video. If it works notice how the wind was blowing. 

Of all my cruises the one I mst want to repeat is Hawaii, on our cruise we passed by one on the islands about ten in the evening and we could see alive volcanoe spilling a river of lava into the ocean , it was totally amazing, captain was cool he turned the ship around so anyone in a balcony could see it.

• Like 9

😆 We found a spot in the Solarium where the internet was working well.  After my first post a crew member told us they were having a private party and we needed to leave.  We moved outside of the Solarium and I couldn't get connected. We just got back to the room and found a letter that we were invited to the private party! 😆 

So...did you go back?😁

• Haha 1

After my last post I lost internet AGAIN!  I have much more to post of the trip.  It may take awhile but I will keep trying. 

Hang in there. The pictures you have posted look fantastic. What a beautiful place. Boy that video did show some wind, how are the temps?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, George C said:

Of all my cruises the one I mst want to repeat is Hawaii, on our cruise we passed by one on the islands about ten in the evening and we could see alive volcanoe spilling a river of lava into the ocean , it was totally amazing, captain was cool he turned the ship around so anyone in a balcony could see it.

It was very cool! The volcano was very active when we were there 

Serenade2006_HawaiiHiloLavaEntry2.jpg

Kilauea Lava Flow 1.JPG

Serenade2006_HawaiiHiloLava4.jpg

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Just back from Owen’s ball team. They mercied the other team with a 20-5.  Owen had a double, a single and a walk. Owen got the player of the game for his team. He got home twice. Now we just have to warm up.

Rugby Tourney tomorrow.  

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hang in there. The pictures you have posted look fantastic. What a beautiful place. Boy that video did show some wind, how are the temps?

After leaving the last island we had one more warm day.  It's been cold since then.  Today not as bad.  Not bad in the Solarium and the section next to the Solarium.   The open area is cold.  I think the wind makes it feel colder.

• Like 4

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

After leaving the last island we had one more warm day.  It's been cold since then.  Today not as bad.  Not bad in the Solarium and the section next to the Solarium.   The open area is cold.  I think the wind makes it feel colder.

This was typical attire the last couple days. Today was definitely better, less wind and more sun. 

20230509_162536.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Of I get the opportunity to do this again it will be the fall repo.  Each day getting warmer and then a few extra days in Hawaii post cruise

• Like 7

More than 1 bar is out of Kraken.  Ordered a goombay smash a couple nights ago and they made it with another kind of rum...just not the same, thought it was maybe that bar but noticed it missing from the Northstar bar tonight and the bartender said they were out.

• Like 1