Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I think we paid a little less. Maybe $167?

Maya Key is great and it's right across the bay where the cruise ship docks.

We really enjoyed Maya Key when we went several years ago.  We are going again in June.  They also don't have the old people exclusion like some of the excursions do.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope you feel better Debbie. The change of seasons is always rough on me for allergies. I used to get bronchitis every year but now I take 2 different allergy meds, Claritin and Allegra and I haven’t had bronchitis in years. 

Prior to Sunday I had been taking Claritin D on a daily basis for the last 2 weeks or so.      Do you take Claritin and Allegra at the same time or mix up one for day and other for evening?

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Thanks  What about Cozumel  Ever been to Playa Mia or Chankanaab- those are the 2 that Royal offers thru their shore excursions?

We have been and are going again to Chakanaab in June.  We just get a cab to and from, pay the entrance fee, find a place to camp out for the day.  We have also done Nacho Cocom  and enjoyed that too.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, George C said:

Our cat Gracie who passed last year was a very interesting cat , if my wife had her purse open she would take money and put it in one of my shoes 😁

One of our previous cats used to love to hide stuff in our shoes.    I used to find some of my everyday jewelry pieces (she loved the shiny sparkly 😁stuff)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We're finally packed (1 suitcase!) for our 10 day NJ trip tomorrow.  Weather for the next 10 days is a mixed bag with temps in the 60s, 70s, and 80s.  No rain predicted. woohoo!  Whenever we visit, I wash everything the day before we leave so that when we arrive home, I can relax and not worry about laundry.  AND if I forgot anything, of course, there's always shopping!

I am impressed with only 1 suitcase for 10 days.    I am same as you and always like to be able to do laundry before coming home.    I am also one that thoroughly cleans the house before we leave so I don't have to clean when I get home.   

Safe travels and hope you have a wonderful time in NJ and can get some diner food too!

Enjoy🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

One of our previous cats used to love to hide stuff in our shoes.    I used to find some of my everyday jewelry pieces (she loved the shiny sparkly 😁stuff)

When our cats were kittens they would sit in my shoes , they always liked my size 15eee shoes 😁😁😁, Gracie knew I was the one who bought the cat food also.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have been and are going again to Chakanaab in June.  We just get a cab to and from, pay the entrance fee, find a place to camp out for the day.  We have also done Nacho Cocom  and enjoyed that too.  

Wife loves the shopping in Cozumel, so we go for a nice lunch and she shops while I drink . Jewelry stores will give me free drinks while she shops. Have been here way over 20 times.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Prior to Sunday I had been taking Claritin D on a daily basis for the last 2 weeks or so.      Do you take Claritin and Allegra at the same time or mix up one for day and other for evening?

Allegra and Claritin should not be taken at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

Wife loves the shopping in Cozumel, so we go for a nice lunch and she shops while I drink . Jewelry stores will give me free drinks while she shops. Have been here way over 20 times.

St Thomas used to have free flowing drinks for shoppers too. Lately you have to work a little for those drinks. St. Maarten is not as free flowing as it used to be either.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

St Thomas used to have free flowing drinks for shoppers too. Lately you have to work a little for those drinks. St. Maarten is not as free flowing as it used to be either.

Shops in St Thomas love my wife we get Christmas cards from them . We did both St Thomas and St Maarten multiple times since Covid, we were on the first ship to visit St Thomas after Covid it was celebrity edge ( great ship , penthouse is also very nice 😁😁)

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I’m told by Linda that it’s Zyrtec not Claritin that I take with Allegra. And I do take both of them at once every morning.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m told by Linda that it’s Zyrtec not Claritin that I take with Allegra. And I do take both of them at once every morning.

Zyrtec and Allegra together, interesting. And the reason for that is....?

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Zyrtec and Allegra together. And the reason for that is....?

It seems to be the only thing that works for me. I used to get horrible bronchitis every spring when the trees bloom. I tried every allergy medicine on the market with no luck. It wasn’t until I doubled them up that I got relief. I’ve been doing this combo for over 8 years and I have never had bronchitis during the spring. 

• Like 5

I used to take a 24 hour Zyrtec (technically, the CVS generic equivalent) every morning.  Every few months, I'd switch to 24 hour CVS Claritin generic.  I never took them both together...just alternating every few months to keep my body from getting too used to one or the other.  After my last allergist visit, I'm now using Flonase spray twice a day and Montelukast every morning.  I could keep taking the Zyrtec/Claritin but I haven't needed to do so.  My symptoms are mostly running nose, post nasal drip, and watery eyes, so different from Greg.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am impressed with only 1 suitcase for 10 days.    I am same as you and always like to be able to do laundry before coming home.    I am also one that thoroughly cleans the house before we leave so I don't have to clean when I get home.   

Safe travels and hope you have a wonderful time in NJ and can get some diner food too!

Enjoy🥰

NJ diner food for sure.  There's one approx. 5 minutes away, good REAL bagels 2 mins away, pizza in the same small shopping area where the bagels are.  Heaven!

We could never do 1 suitcase on a cruise.  With the kids we are very, super casual, no dress to impress nights 🤣 A big plus is having laundry facilities.

I can't believe I only packed 2 pairs of shoes.  Jack is very impressed.

I hope you're feeling better!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I watched the whole concert on you tube.  I was so happy that option is available.

That's good to know.  Thank you, Bonnie!

Safe travels tomorrow.  Enjoy your 10 days in NJ with your darlings!!🥰

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What did I miss? Which ship??

We are Oasis out of Cape Liberty. It’s the first sailing from up here for the summer season. It deadheaded up so boarding started before 10 and cabins were available when we boarded. Luggage was delivered before noon. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

NJ diner food for sure.  There's one approx. 5 minutes away, good REAL bagels 2 mins away, pizza in the same small shopping area where the bagels are.  Heaven!

We could never do 1 suitcase on a cruise.  With the kids we are very, super casual, no dress to impress nights 🤣 A big plus is having laundry facilities.

I can't believe I only packed 2 pairs of shoes.  Jack is very impressed.

I hope you're feeling better!

Bonnie you have me craving a good NJ diner!!!  Enjoy my friend!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

She was probably a girly-girl!!😊

• Haha 4