Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Having stayed at Bellagio three times I know it will be different but we have walked through Park MGM many times, especially after our last trip.  From reviews it looks very nice and it is only really a place to rest our heads at night.  I will share our thoughts of it.

Tomorrow at 2:10 Lisa and I pick up Owen when school finishes and head to Detroit for our flight at 6:30.  We fly home at 9:30 Wednesday morning.  Last Wednesday we booked refundable flights, our refundable room which had to be cancelled by midnight last night, and tickets for an event that would be refunded if it didn’t have to happen.

So why are we going?  Let’s just say that steps away from our hotel is T-Mobile Arena, the home of the Vegas Golden nights.  Tuesday they play game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals, and if they win that game they win the cup.

Owen had no idea and we surprised him Friday morning after the Knights lost game 3 in Florida. He was blown away.  This weekend he was busy in a local ball tourney and in between games studying for a test tomorrow and a quiz on Thursday.

This is a once in a lifetime event to be able to watch a team that we love possibly win the championship.  Our fingers are crossed. 

Now that is a good reason for the short trip, just curious how much are Game # 5 tickets in Vegas going for?

Enjoy the game !

59 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Having stayed at Bellagio three times I know it will be different but we have walked through Park MGM many times, especially after our last trip.  From reviews it looks very nice and it is only really a place to rest our heads at night.  I will share our thoughts of it.

Tomorrow at 2:10 Lisa and I pick up Owen when school finishes and head to Detroit for our flight at 6:30.  We fly home at 9:30 Wednesday morning.  Last Wednesday we booked refundable flights, our refundable room which had to be cancelled by midnight last night, and tickets for an event that would be refunded if it didn’t have to happen.

So why are we going?  Let’s just say that steps away from our hotel is T-Mobile Arena, the home of the Vegas Golden nights.  Tuesday they play game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals, and if they win that game they win the cup.

Owen had no idea and we surprised him Friday morning after the Knights lost game 3 in Florida. He was blown away.  This weekend he was busy in a local ball tourney and in between games studying for a test tomorrow and a quiz on Thursday.

This is a once in a lifetime event to be able to watch a team that we love possibly win the championship.  Our fingers are crossed. 

What wonderful parents you are.  Have a terrific time!

• Like 4

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions for us today.

The weather was really good for the first half of the day until rain began around 4 pm.  We were in Red Dog Saloon by that time anyway!  🍻

We ended up taking the blue bus to Mendenhall Glacier.  We walked to the main photo point and the trail to the Nugget Falls.  We took a few of the side trails too for different views and photo ops.   We saw a black bear on the way there from the bus.  

After the glacier we stopped for beer break at the red dog saloon and then on to the Alaskan Brewing Co for a flight and ended with Tracy’s Crab Shack (with random shopping stops in between).

Turned out to be a really great day.  😀

IMG_0305.thumb.jpeg.8280719740bc319489c79743fe1ed645.jpeg

IMG_0311.thumb.jpeg.06e2b6d80c7a11e2456ad47a6e54a772.jpeg

IMG_0336.thumb.jpeg.806140e5dd68eeebc5e5d1ddcbe6b6f1.jpeg

IMG_0333.thumb.jpeg.1a23186bde16fafa4cde738985f8627d.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg

• Like 27

34 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Just had some bad usual TX weather.  Tornado siren and hail stopped...sigh.  I hope our car that's parked outside isn't damaged.  Hopefully @GeorgeC @firefly333 and @TravelGirlinDallas are safe with no damage.  Roofers do very well here after a hail storm. 🤨

It only rained at our house, thankfully. Hope your car is OK.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

It only rained at our house, thankfully. Hope your car is OK.

Wife said it looked scary but only bad thing for us is we lost a few minutes of the Tony awards which we enjoyed since they showed some of the three plays we saw and lead from Some like it hot , won Tony for best musical actor. We always enjoy watching live theatre.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

What a wonderful surprise for Owen.  Have a great time & fingers crossed you all are watching your team win the championship.

• Like 4

There are two lookouts on the Fairfax walk.   The first was full of whale watchers with their binoculars looking out to sea. It is the start of the whale watching season here (I didn’t take any photos)

The second lookout Burragula

offers stunning views of the harbour.

37874257-F2F0-4308-ACDB-E6170DC01A5D.thumb.jpeg.7db1b38a0a902e5fbf4f17be830bc475.jpeg

32E01A41-9A34-4EBD-A181-2C822F92A6BE.thumb.jpeg.eba0ed24278c193d559f9832b2329d70.jpeg

BEAE34C5-BF4D-46FC-B053-70291B908BBA.thumb.jpeg.1366878e6c42691d57c6280b29649f3b.jpeg

F409335E-30CF-4048-A5B9-3344CBD95B76.thumb.jpeg.1c879dad7f7c8b8e6de23399db27bd41.jpeg

0A134083-357F-4E58-A392-4BF3C9F236AB.thumb.jpeg.f5556c0438ec91605c89914fc6716b4b.jpeg

2ADA3BC4-7E86-4E83-BE9E-BEEABC40CB5E.thumb.jpeg.6a34abfee9e0f6f757fda8cd3f4375b9.jpeg

on our return walk we saw an echnida.  He was on the path in front of us.  When he felt the vibrations of our feet, he sought shelter under the track.C5B41990-BA0B-4575-B3D8-3E4F37D902ED.thumb.jpeg.f624148b1330f71a80071f6e3f425e92.jpeg

We started/ended the walk at Little Manly Beach3E08B676-2E64-4735-92B6-5117B6790865.thumb.jpeg.872f8e30031405e1153343a345236de6.jpeg

We also walked across Collins Beach to head up and return from North Head.  Such a lovely afternoon.  Back to work tomorrow.

E87D7E26-F652-491B-9177-9E8A4E97AE52.thumb.jpeg.f7833d5f14a41eab2592f6949d1862b7.jpeg

CE36A9F0-C259-4DD0-AAA7-D5E17DA31011.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 23

8 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

After the glacier we stopped for beer break at the red dog saloon and then on to the Alaskan Brewing Co for a flight and ended with Tracy’s Crab Shack (with random shopping stops in between).

Did you try a Duck Fart at the Red Dog?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Public holiday Monday here and after a morning of cleaning inside & out, we decided to make the most of the lovely weather.

Looks like you had an amazing day. As always your photos make we want to head down under. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, maggieq said:

What wonderful parents you are.  Have a terrific time!

Awe sucks.(blush)  We try to always do our best. 

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

What a wonderful surprise for Owen.  Have a great time & fingers crossed you all are watching your team win the championship.

He always works hard at school but this weekend he really put the effort in. The school bus got him at 7:10 and he was so excited for the day. He didn't tell any of his friends yet, but will today at school. I also told him to focus on this math test. 

• Like 12

@A&L_Ont  Excellent work Andrew and Lisa!   Dave and I would have done the same thing with our son!  In fact, we did last Christmas/NYE extending a pre planned trip to Scottsdale to go to the Fiesta Bowl and watch the Michigan Wolverines play against TCU.  DS and DH are the fans and what are the odds that we would have planned this trip and they ended up there?  I do hope your result turns out better!  Safe travels and wave to me when you are at DTW!  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Now that is a good reason for the short trip, just curious how much are Game # 5 tickets in Vegas going for?

Enjoy the game !

Thanks Jim.  We will enjoy the game but a win will certainly make it wayyyy better.  We would never do this for Toronto for a few reasons.  Firstly they will never get there, secondly being they would break our hearts and thirdly because the tickets would be way beyond stupid in pricing. 

After Lisa and had chatted last week about going, she came to my thinking/understanding to why it was better to buy the tickets before game three happen in Florida. As soon as they lost game three the tickets for game 5 in Vegas spiked higher.  

We looked on Ticket Master with their resale seats as well as Stub Hub and ended up buying on Stubhub.  We have bought tickets mainly through them, and their return policy was well stated if game 5 didn't have to happen.  Ticket Master was not clear on their policy and the refund was the most important part for us.  I'm sure we would have been refunded but I didn't want a drawn out affair with my credit card provider etc if there was an issue.  

As for the seats, we are in the exact same seats where we sat in April for the game we went to.  They are more for this game but we are on the better side by buying them early.  I'm glad we got them when we did as they have only gone up and substantially. 

To give you an idea of pricing right now I just checked Stub Hub.  I've looked at the seats sold in pairs, but I will price them as a single seat in US funds with fees included.  The lowest price is standing room only for $867.  Cheapest upper bowl is $1,496 and it goes up.  Cheapest lower bowl is $3,340 and it goes up.  VIP glass now goes from $8,319 to $18,575 per seat.  They also have a box, tables and other options but I figured seats and standing were the easiest.  We all know asking price isn't always selling pricer and they will fluctuate but I will track the pricing today and tomorrow as I like doing that. 

It's going be crazy and something else to take it all in. I have a feeling the goose bumps will be far bigger and better than walking up the gang way to the ship on embarkation day.

• Like 16

This morning, we are packing up and heading to the airport for our long day of flights home from California.  

Yesterday, we decided to start the summer of fun before we left.  So we ventured out for our day.  I was a little annoyed with Waze, that it didn’t alert us to traffic problems, until it was too late.  We sat in traffic for about a half hour, with all the race fans going to the NASCAR race at Sonoma. 

IMG_7513.thumb.jpeg.0bc5193ef67bd44245e7ecb83f0b56a8.jpeg

I guess the bright spot was that we were treated to a great air show while we waited.  The California-based Patriots Jet Team, is the largest civilian-owned aerobatic jet team in the Western Hemisphere, was there to entertain.  In the cockpits are some former U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and U.S. Navy Blue Angels pilots and Reno Air Race competitors.  The pre-race demonstration featured six-L-39 albatross jets. 

Their promo picture was much better than those I took through the car windshield. 

IMG_7547.thumb.jpeg.e9f7f3adea8c2070728bf7166b7f80da.jpeg

• Like 20

Pictures are so hard, I knew if I moved he would fly away and sure enough. See tons of hummingbirds but a summer tanager was back. Sitting from my chair, you can barely see him. Reddish like a cardinal. 

My cousin wants to take me to a nature preserve today. We did Mexican for her birthday friday, home cooking saturday and saw 2 cousins, yesterday another cousin took us to lunch at his golf club.

Oh the fake black colored birds on the windows are to keep birds from flying into them. The red bird is beyond them.

20230612_073808.jpg

• Like 10

Where were we headed yesterday?  Well, for a minute, I thought on a cruise.  I mean, we saw a sign for Oasis.  

IMG_7532.thumb.jpeg.a987b1639210772e61598cdc16f09abb.jpeg

And we found a Johnny Rockets. 

IMG_7519.thumb.jpeg.cc21f3dca36112abd4b903317761c4b8.jpeg

And look at that price for a can of beer!   Surely this must be Royal Caribbean.  

IMG_7520.thumb.jpeg.11e15c86fe5c15274cc0522032b9e48c.jpeg

But no, we were at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. 

IMG_7515.thumb.jpeg.383bcf622aab09679babb3375006cdda.jpeg

What better way to start the Summer of Fun than with rides

IMG_7516.thumb.jpeg.311d731b9084e8a9776f0c943ffa8cb6.jpeg

and smiling faces. 

7ECD5605-E2A6-4D06-9C09-87AD78199A4F.thumb.jpeg.35a8b864f91acc3b066c8ec1260f9f71.jpeg

And animals. 

IMG_7541.thumb.jpeg.d63f59c64b89245f7fed76c6463606f2.jpeg

IMG_7531.thumb.jpeg.434054dd48071b09597d3ca03b41b64e.jpeg

IMG_7538.thumb.jpeg.6ee3ea8a4f5605000a01a3ec5946e372.jpeg

• Like 29

28 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It's going be crazy and something else to take it all in. I have a feeling the goose bumps will be far bigger and better than walking up the gang way to the ship on embarkation day.

Enjoy the game.  There is nothing like the vibe of playoff hockey. 

The league has done well at getting parity in the expansion teams, although we hated to see Flower go to Vegas when the expanded.  

Hope you guys get to see the cup hoisted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

This morning, we are packing up and heading to the airport for our long day of flights home from California.  

Yesterday, we decided to start the summer of fun before we left.  So we ventured out for our day.  I was a little annoyed with Waze, that it didn’t alert us to traffic problems, until it was too late.  We sat in traffic for about a half hour, with all the race fans going to the NASCAR race at Sonoma. 

IMG_7513.thumb.jpeg.0bc5193ef67bd44245e7ecb83f0b56a8.jpeg

I guess the bright spot was that we were treated to a great air show while we waited.  The California-based Patriots Jet Team, is the largest civilian-owned aerobatic jet team in the Western Hemisphere, was there to entertain.  In the cockpits are some former U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and U.S. Navy Blue Angels pilots and Reno Air Race competitors.  The pre-race demonstration featured six-L-39 albatross jets. 

Their promo picture was much better than those I took through the car windshield. 

IMG_7547.thumb.jpeg.e9f7f3adea8c2070728bf7166b7f80da.jpeg

I love air shows.  Rarely see them, so being unexpectedly able to watch the acrobatics whilst stuck in traffic would be a thrill & Day 1 of summer of fun, looked like a lot of FUN 😀

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I was a little annoyed with Waze, that it didn’t alert us to traffic problems, until it was too late. 

In Israel Waze is the "default", but lately, it is very unreliable. We always add at least 20-30 mins to their arrival estimates....😢

• Like 3

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Oh the fake black colored birds on the windows are to keep birds from flying into them. The red bird is beyond them.

Does it work? We have a pesky bird that keeps attacking our windows. It drive Kyler the cat crazy not to mention pooping all over the patio. Do you know where I can find these window birds?