Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 hours ago, Keksie said:

We are back home and I am sort of caught up with this thread.  The cruise was mostly great with a little not so good thrown in.  In a few days I will get my pictures together and post a few along with some details about the cruise.  Right now I need to pet the fur babies.

@dani negreanu sending hugs.  

I'm waiting for your pictures and the not so good comments.  I'm glad your cruise was mostly great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dpostman said:

Done.  16 half pint jars Rhubarb syrup concentrate that have been waterbath processed + 1 Rhubarb Simple Syrup.

image.thumb.png.ee0be1038bf4887a4e2cbd907ff32f00.png

image.thumb.png.a88bf5e206153c19b4a31e2b73055964.png

And for "Quality control"  Since it is Sunday, I opted for a Rhubarb Gin ? Tonic rather than a Martini 😉

image.thumb.png.10cc10ebc93f7f079bcb588c6278eb13.png

dp

I would love to try one of these.   Looks very refreshing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm waiting for your pictures and the not so good comments.  I'm glad your cruise was mostly great.

It will be later this week.  I was doing laundry all day and my husband who is the picture taker was busy cleaning up some of storm damage from while we were gone.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Pictures from the Iron Heart Winery we visited this afternoon.

20230625_140840.jpg

20230625_135550.jpg

20230625_135530.jpg

20230625_133121.jpg

20230625_133027.jpg

20230625_134322.jpg

20230625_140155.jpg

20230625_140254.jpg

20230625_140340.jpg

20230625_140403.jpg

If you look real close at this picture, in the dead center of it is a huge beehive hanging under the vines.

20230625_135728.jpg

20230625_135718.jpg

20230625_135747.jpg

20230625_135832.jpg

20230625_140143.jpg

20230625_140145.jpg

Beautiful property.  Looks like a great day to visit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Now that we are back my thoughts are turning to our next cruise in May, 2024.

We have never been to CocoCay so don't know what to expect.  We like to snorkel and have a shady place to hang out.  What would be the best to reserve?  Breezy Bay beach bed, Chill Island beach bed, Cocoa Beach Club, or South Beach beach bed?

We are going to have a Jr. Suite and are also Diamond.  What does a suite give us over Diamond

We will be on Enchantment of the Seas which seems like a small ship so maybe won't need the Key this time.  

The best place to snorkel is chill island where there are plenty of free loungers and umbrellas.  And plenty of shady areas.

Unfortunately, Enchantment doesn't have a Coastal Kitchen that JS passengers can use for dinner.   Enjoy the larger cabin, larger balcony and your 4 diamonds drinks with 24 hr free internet pp.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

I still have the scarf with the worlds fair logo, a card from the mercury mission capsule. And remember the  car ride through the large building. 
And who could forget seeing “ it’s a small world”. 
I remember my mom crying seeing the “Pieta” from Rome. 

My Mom was a volunteer at the Vatican Pavilion at the World's Fair, so I often went with her and I'd spend the day walking around and just enjoying the day while she volunteered.  Seeing the Pieta was awesome.  Mom passed away 13 years ago, but prior to her passing, I had found a statue of the Pieta while browsing in an antiques store in upstate NY, so I was happy to get it for her room in the Nursing Home.

I sang in the Unisphere with my School Glee Club during my Senior Year.

The Belgian Waffles were a big hit in my book!😉

• Like 8

I still have the scarf with the worlds fair logo, a card from the mercury mission capsule. And remember the  car ride through the large building. 

So many memories. 

Seeing the Pieta was very special and meant so much to this Catholic School kid.

• Like 4

So many memories. 

I didn’t save anything from the Worlds Fair.However,my parents went to the 1939 Worlds Fair and saved something that I have now.It is a 3D projection of what the US wil look like in 2000.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm at least 10 yrs before I retire, unless I decide to do so early.   Personally, I cannot see myself retired.  I enjoy my job.  I would probably go part-time before fully retire.

As I have posted previously  I was downsized from a job I loved and worked there 25 years.The longest anyone worked there was 37 years and I hoped to exceed that number.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Seeing the Pieta was very special and meant so much to this Catholic School kid.

I was an adult and went to the Worlds Fair with my then girl friend.She lived in the Bronx and I lived in Brooklyn.I vividly remember the day we went to the Fair.I took a subway to her house then we took two trains to the Fair then back to the house and then  I subwayed home .

• Like 3

Few pictures of my garden,planted on May 9th....planted zuchinni and corn from packets of seed,bought pepper,tomatoes and eggplant plant.

20230509_134108.jpg

20230509_144454.jpg

Now pictures from today June 25th.

20230625_160100.jpg

20230625_160118.jpg

20230625_160106.jpg

20230625_160142.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 20

After almost a week of rain, it was blue skies, nothing but blue skies.  Which could only mean one thing!  Time for hot fun in the summertime. 

Today was a day to pack up the car and head to Wally World, also known as Waldameer Park in Erie.  Every time we go here, I can’t help but think of the Vacation movie, especially since they have 

Wally Card kiosks all over the park. 

IMG_7710.thumb.jpeg.92ce51a071549c4cd7168cf024c4043b.jpeg

We started out nice and slow. 

IMG_7689.thumb.jpeg.fcb5a1f0bbe9c85d083302412f98ca8e.jpeg

Then moved on to coasters.  There is nothing like a wooden coaster. 

IMG_7693.thumb.jpeg.319759667930f2c146b7ba294971dc41.jpeg

Yes, these, we could ride almost all day. 

But, this work of the devil….

IMG_7701.thumb.jpeg.2b8a150aa34a3b9476ff07300f236ceb.jpeg

Come on, it will help you digest that big lunch we just had!

IMG_7702.thumb.jpeg.a5718c5624e3608c359cac834f0cda51.jpeg

Yes, it is named the Scrambler for a reason, and it has nothing to do with food digestion. 

I guess our day was much better than detailing vehicles, and supper was at the health food place.  

IMG_7705.thumb.jpeg.e8b61b3c00641f086229b5d47b039087.jpeg

Needed something to get us in-scrambled. 

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My memories of the 1964/65 Worlds Fair is.........nothing. I was 9 months old when my parents took me.  😊

I was just 3, barely remember the big globe but that's about it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hot and humid 75°F here at 22.18pm.

Another hot day forecast for tomorrow.

Most of us in the UK don't have air conditioning in our houses because usually we don't get continuous hot weather.

We think that is not hot Graham. Just pleasant, and we can have the sliding doors and windows open (with screens) for cooling. Fortunately, we don't have humid. We don't have AC either.☺️ At the present time, we still have our winter sheets on the bed, because it has been very windy and cold and overcast. The furnace is still running in the morning. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm at least 10 yrs before I retire, unless I decide to do so early.   Personally, I cannot see myself retired.  I enjoy my job.  I would probably go part-time before fully retire.

I’m retiring this week after 44 years. 

• Like 23

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I can't see myself retired either. I don't know how I'd give up something that I wanted from as far back as I can remember.

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't see myself retired either. I don't know how I'd give up something that I wanted from as far back as I can remember.

It was a hard decision.  I have loved my work.  It’s also hard to leave my work family.  But I want to leave strong in mind and body and look forward to more travel and getting to spend more time with the grandkids. It’s time.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Now that we are back my thoughts are turning to our next cruise in May, 2024.

We have never been to CocoCay so don't know what to expect.  We like to snorkel and have a shady place to hang out.  What would be the best to reserve?  Breezy Bay beach bed, Chill Island beach bed, Cocoa Beach Club, or South Beach beach bed?

We are going to have a Jr. Suite and are also Diamond.  What does a suite give us over Diamond

We will be on Enchantment of the Seas which seems like a small ship so maybe won't need the Key this time.  

Jr suite gives you very little except if you are on a newer ship oasis or newer you can have dinner in costal kitchen the suite dining room if there is room . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, derorim said:

Graham, at first I had to chuckle that you thought 75°F was considered hot.  Where we are, it was a muggy 89°F today.  But we have air conditioning and I don't think I would enjoy trying to sleep in a humid 75°F.  It reminded me of a conversation I had years ago with one of my best friends.  She was probably 110 pounds and was struggling with the fact that she had gained a little weight and her pants were too tight.  At first I wanted to scoff at her, but then I realized, it's all relative.  A skinny gal who gains weight has the same problem that someone at any weight feels when they gain a few pounds and their clothes don't fit.  That experience reminded me I needed to keep things in perspective and be more accepting of how one feels in a situation.  So here's hoping that you will soon have cooler, more comfortable weather.  Cheers!

Thank you.

We have both enjoyed sunbathing for many years in 80-90°F temperatures on holiday but it is humidity at night when trying to sleep which is unpleasant.

Another 70°+ daytime temperature forecast today which in reality is 80°F+ in the sun.

• Like 4