Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Another issue with my garden....I don't grow my own plants. Buy them from a garden center. I bought what I thought was 24 Big Boy Tomato plants.....But what I got is 8 Big Boys and 16 plants of what ever you think these are?

I did go back and get my money back for the 16 wrong plants, but I'm really stuck with what I got.

Whatever they are they are huge, this one weighs in at 3 lbs...but what kind is it? No idea how they are going to slice or what they are going to taste like?

20230727_192903.thumb.jpg.100f75b1a7d165aec57c5ddc85d98c72.jpg

20230727_192909.jpg

20230727_192917.jpg

20230727_192938.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Whatever they are they are huge, this one weighs in at 3 lbs...but what kind is it? No idea how they are going to slice or what they are going to taste like?

Did you do a google image search?  Did you bring it to the place where you bought them and ask them?  That is what I would do.

It could be this though.

https://laidbackgardener.blog/2018/05/02/the-worlds-weirdest-tomato/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Did you do a google image search?  Did you bring it to the place where you bought them and ask them?  That is what I would do.

It could be this though.

https://laidbackgardener.blog/2018/05/02/the-worlds-weirdest-tomato/

I did go back, they blamed it on their supplier and said someone must have marked them wrong or mixed up those plastic name tags stuck in the 4 packs.

I did get them to refund my money after I told him I would never buy anything again from them.

Your link shows a tomato that the sections look much smaller then what I have here. I don't have any of them ripe yet, so for all I know they might turn out yellow, black or purple............Hopefully they are at least red and taste better then they look.

The plants are in 5 ft tomato cages, the plants right now are 6 and half foot tall.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I did go back, they blamed it on their supplier and said someone must have marked them wrong or mixed up those plastic name tags stuck in the 4 packs.

I did get them to refund my money after I told him I would never buy anything again from them.

Your link shows a tomato that the sections look much smaller then what I have here. I don't have any of them ripe yet, so for all I know they might turn out yellow, black or purple............Hopefully they are at least red and taste better then they look.

The plants are in 5 ft tomato cages, the plants right now are 6 and half foot tall.

You brought that tomato with you and they couldn't identify it?  Did you do a google image search?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Another issue with my garden....I don't grow my own plants. Buy them from a garden center. I bought what I thought was 24 Big Boy Tomato plants.....But what I got is 8 Big Boys and 16 plants of what ever you think these are?

I did go back and get my money back for the 16 wrong plants, but I'm really stuck with what I got.

20230727_192903.thumb.jpg.100f75b1a7d165aec57c5ddc85d98c72.jpg

20230727_192909.jpg

20230727_192917.jpg

20230727_192938.jpg

It looks like several tomatoes all attached together.   I have never seen this kind before now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It looks like several tomatoes all attached together.   I have never seen this kind before now.

Yes I brought one to them on July 12th when they were smaller, they didn't know what they were either. All 16 plants have this type of tomato on them. I have seen tomatoes kind of grow together like you are talking about but this isn't that. ALL the tomatoes on each plant are going to look like the pictures above.

Here is what the smaller tomatoes looked like when I took it them on July 12th.

20230712_123513.jpg

Edited by Jimbo

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You brought that tomato with you and they couldn't identify it?  Did you do a google image search?

Just google imaged them, came up with this. Cat faced..........but still doesn't seem right. I only fertilized them one time( that was when the plants were about 10 inches high, long before they flowered).......all my plants got the same kind of temperatures and water on them...........Like I said 8 plants are fine, 16 are the odd shaped tomatoes......... I bought the plants in 4 pack containers, I'm assuming I got 4 packs of the screwed up looking tomatoes and 2 packs of the BIG Boy tomatoes  which look fine.

Plants are growing like crazy, I hardly ever watered them that much compared to last year because this year we have had a lot of rain. I planted all of them on May 15th. after any chance of frost.

https://jvzile.wordpress.com/2010/02/03/catfacing/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes I brought one to them on July 12th when they were smaller, they didn't know what they were either. All 16 plants have this type of tomato on them. I have seen tomatoes kind of grow together like you are talking about but this isn't that. ALL the tomatoes on each plant are going to look like the pictures above.

20230712_123513.jpg

Strange tomatoes.  I hope in the end they turn out.  That is disappointing that they are not a variety you expected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

@Arzeena  it's not that funny, I got 16 plants with tomatoes that look like this 😞   😉

You could enter them into any competition that your local county or state fair may have.

Good news, other than looking less than desirable, they should taste just fine.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We do see this Skunk from time to time under our apple tree eating sunflower seeds, Not sure they can climb though, but there was the slight opening under the gate into the garden.

Are they corn eaters? didn't touch the green tomatoes yet!

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

WOW! You have the most amazing looking skunks in Virginia, Jim! I have never seen a skunk (or even a photo) of a skunk that looks like that. Not a mostly all white one. Ours are the classic black & white striped ones. Like Pepe le Pew. ☺️ That's fascinating. Thanks!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Opps….missed this one earlier.  I just walked around the port area.  For me it was too humid and hot to be enjoyable. 🥵         I have the Sloth and Monkey tour scheduled next week. I hope it cools down.

Holding a sloth was one of the sweetest moments I've experienced.🤗

• Like 5

On 7/26/2023 at 8:03 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Looks don't matter at 1 am. 😉

🤣🤣🤣 You are just talking about Sorrento’s aren’t you?

On 7/26/2023 at 12:03 PM, grapau27 said:

Very sad Dani.

Whenever any news from Israel comes on to UK TV I instantly think of you and your family.

Take care and keep safe.

Graham 

Same here. It’s so sad to hear. Take care Dani.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2023 at 9:47 PM, voyager70 said:

I had a 6 hr layover at Dulles en route to Rome once. Wasn’t fun but at least we had Rome and the Med to look forward to. Have a great trip and look forward to your pics as always!

I hate long flights and layovers. Coming back from Sydney last year we had a 14 hour flight, a 5 hour layover and then 5 hour flight home.

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Last night something got in my fenced  in garden....my gate into the garden has like 5 or 6 inch opening at the bottom.

Not sure what could have did this to the corn stalk....almost like a clean cut....then started to eat the corn ears which are just starting to grow.

Anyone have an idea what could have done this?

Lost 2 stalks so far. I secured the opening better now,first I have ever seen anything like this.

20230727_092142.jpg

20230727_092145.jpg

20230727_092152.jpg

20230727_092259.jpg

You need a bigger garden. 😁

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This racoon was sighted on our front porch on June 30th,haven't seen him since though. Our ring doorbell got the picture.

I'm thinking though he was trying to come in and check out the kitchen remodel.

20230630133226_0.jpg

I don’t like raccoons. We have them almost nightly walking past our pool and then along the sea wall. They will sometimes poop on the pool deck and wash their hands in it. We have a stick outside that we try to scare them away. One time a mom with her babies was at the pool and I went outside and yelled at it. It turned and charged at me. I don’t think I’ve ever moved that fast in my life. 😲

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

But they're cute.🙂

They are so cute, but…

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

20230727_192938.jpg

Post photos when they’re ripe.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Holding a sloth was one of the sweetest moments I've experienced.🤗

I agree!  I was here in March and did this excursion and absolutely loved it.  I was surprised at how light weight they are considering their size.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

20230712_123513.jpg

Have you sliced one open yet?   I'm very curious if they will look and taste like a classic tomato. 

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t like raccoons. We have them almost nightly walking past our pool and then along the sea wall. They will sometimes poop on the pool deck and wash their hands in it. We have a stick outside that we try to scare them away. One time a mom with her babies was at the pool and I went outside and yelled at it. It turned and charged at me. I don’t think I’ve ever moved that fast in my life. 😲

Me neither,  I caught this one last week. He was none too pleased about it from all the hissing and groaning he was making when I relocated him.

image.thumb.png.b46aecd2a81968a7e7587143c1b66adf.png

And I took a picture of this surfeit of skunks.  1 mother and 6 or 7 kits. It is hard to tell them apart as they were travelling across my back yard all bunched up.  Took the picture through a screened window.

image.thumb.png.641142b3200e14b22de0fa3c13ab0b2b.png

image.png.daaff8037b7d4791dd34f6d5aa8cd32b.png

I though it was best to let them through and not take off running after them with a broom.😇

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 15

Yesterday was a quiet day for us, but we did find some time for bike riding.  Since football season is almost here, granddaughter’s cheerleading squad was giving a preview of their new routines at the school.

Today is my daughter and her husband’s 16th anniversary.   She has an appointment at Cleveland Clinic, then they will have some couple time while we entertain all the grandkids today and tonight.  Swimming is our main activity for the day.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have you sliced one open yet?   I'm very curious if they will look and taste like a classic tomato. 

None are ripe yet ,I have yet to cut one. Hoping this will ripen off the vine on window sill

• Like 1