Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Hope everyone is well

It's been a bit of a crazy week. Enjoying the hot weather with trips out on boat and bbq's we then had some unexpected child care requests so haven't had chance to pack for cruise or do all those last minute jobs.  Hope to do them tonight after dropping Isaac off. 

@Sunshine3601Debbie,  hope we run into each other on board , wishing you safe travels to Florida 

Here is a picture of my very early morning walk with Molly with the mist in the woods and sunrise peeking through the trees 

20230907_065645.thumb.jpg.b92191966df49c54c2772d7ce532b3b8.jpg

20230907_065617.thumb.jpg.dfac93b5ffe6bc114883848efc29538d.jpg

• Like 14

12 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I’d do Catalina or Hal.  Our last Carnival we said never again.  We didn’t pay a lot but it wasn’t even worth that.  We actually want to try Hal as they have some interesting itineraries.  

We cruised with Carnival in 1994 and said never again.However,we have friends who only cruise with Carnival.A friend of mine who posts on CC only cruises with Princess.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Can anyone recommend some books/audio books I can download for the cruise. 

I like murder mystery but not thrillers or anything scarey 😬

And historic novels

Lily’s Payback by Andy Rose.I initially bought the book because I knew the author in high school but found it to be quite interesting.It is a murder mystery but not scary.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, sgmn said:

And historic novels

I just finished a good one.  Mission Flats by William Landay. He also wrote Defending Jacob which is also good.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Right now they are mild. Just a gentle rocking.

I’m self quarantining in our cabin. Luckily we ended up with 1 covid test that I was able to use. We decided not to bring any, but after I got sick I was looking in my luggage for any extra cold medicine. Found a test in a side pocket. It was negative so I didn’t contact medical. When I had covid it wasn’t this bad. I’m just not sure when to start going out again. I think for covid they are saying after 5 days you don’t need to quarantine anymore. I googled for a cold and it said I could be contagious up to two weeks! 😯  I do feel like I’m starting to feel a little bit better, but it could be the medicine. I don’t plan on going into St. John’s tomorrow. I hope when we dock I’ll at least have a decent view from the balcony.

Thanks, so ready to start feeling better.

So sad you’re missing most of your cruise.  We were with DD and husband over Labor Day and they both had bad congestion and head colds or covid as they didn’t test.  So far we are good but just left there 2 days ago so we could still come down with it.  Lots of stuff out there.  I do always take DayQuil/NyQuil and cough medicine on board now as they don’t sell it on the ship.  They want you to go to medical.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Couple days ago, we sailed through the Prins Christian Sund from 2:30 PM to 8:30 PM.  It was windy and freezing outside but the sights were absolutely amazing.

IMG_2041.thumb.jpeg.0d57b067a7035c4ecf8b4752a1876763.jpeg

Whale sighting 
IMG_2047.thumb.jpeg.22ca653cedf55b294dc20d18818a240d.jpeg

That is cloud covering on top of the mountains 

IMG_2048.thumb.jpeg.1b257fd382bcb328fa4f5e917aa021d2.jpeg

IMG_2056.thumb.jpeg.3739ad9b27fb27b8d1090f5a2703ccef.jpeg

IMG_2057.thumb.jpeg.10b7834ea1397c7ce78102ed43b9166b.jpeg

IMG_2059.thumb.jpeg.cdde02bb0ee11fce8fae08837324809f.jpeg

IMG_2060.thumb.jpeg.53ba0833ccd030723dfef1c425f35771.jpeg

IMG_2061.thumb.jpeg.e3d97b22d28b7d7aa50455fea0606b91.jpeg

IMG_2066.thumb.jpeg.8cc8bed76f85764938dd1d0a45b07234.jpeg

IMG_2079.thumb.jpeg.7c3a8287d83402ebf706a18b5fa27c63.jpeg

IMG_2082.thumb.jpeg.32fbb2320a83c9e72d03afd719acbcea.jpeg

We are sailing into those dark grey clouds…more to follow…

IMG_2065.thumb.jpeg.07aeab8242b3a6bf0912e391d82319fa.jpeg

I know what you mean about it being cold. The fan on the AC started blowing while I was looking at your wonderful photos!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NHProud said:

I’ve never sailed on Carnival cruise line before so no comment . Haven’t you done that itinerary just recently with your grandkids? Been there , done that! 

We sailed on the Koningsdam this past January to Hawaii from and return to San Diego .  It’s an older crowd and the advantage is no kids .  There is a deck devoted to music venues and we especially liked the Lincoln Center quartet.  We tried the B B King music hall . It was too loud . We were not interested in anything else as my husband likes classical music and opera . 

The food was okay . We signed up for Club Orange and had our own dining room and upgraded cabin . We ate at two premium restaurants and the food was delicious and the presentation was very nice. 

The shows were not up to RCI standards in variety and quality. There were a few that dealt with Hawaii , of course. 

Major complaint and it’s big

We contracted Covid the last four days and were forced to sit in a room of over 100 people waiting for wheelchair assist because of my husband’s bum knee . I finally went up to the person charge and complained and we were evacuated immediately.  

I would cruise with HAL , again.  And as my geometry teacher told the class in high school many years ago …. Only boring people are bored . 

We are sailing the Pacific coastal this month and in Astoria we are opting to tour Tillamook and the Oregon coast. 

If you haven’t done that before, you’ll be happy you’re doing it now. Great choice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

And historic novels

I presume you already know Hercule Poirot very well!

• Like 2

Just now, cruiselvr04 said:

So sad you’re missing most of your cruise.  We were with DD and husband over Labor Day and they both had bad congestion and head colds or covid as they didn’t test.  So far we are good but just left there 2 days ago so we could still come down with it.  Lots of stuff out there.  I do always take DayQuil/NyQuil and cough medicine on board now as they don’t sell it on the ship.  They want you to go to medical.  

Hoping y’all don’t catch anything. I woke up this morning feeling better.

• Like 13

Quick wedding update.  Mostly going according to plan, with one sad exception. Micheline’s sister and her kids/kids in law aren’t going to make it. They were flying from Newark last night and their flight got cancelled due to weather and lack of flight crews. Tried to find alternate flights but couldn’t. The ceremony is tonight so they had to call and say they couldn’t be here. Friends of our daughter had the same problem but from another NYC airport and were able to reschedule today to Louisville then drive 2 hours. They’ll make it though. Air travel these days just sucks. 

The ladies have been at the venue since 7:30 doing hair and makeup. I’m at the hotel and will hop in the shower and head there around 2:00. The wedding starts at 5:30. I can do nothing there as easily as doing nothing here. Practiced the dance yesterday with my daughter and nothing to worry about. She led for a few seconds until I figured out what she was doing. Should be good. 

• Like 29

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Quick wedding update.  Mostly going according to plan, with one sad exception. Micheline’s sister and her kids/kids in law aren’t going to make it. They were flying from Newark last night and their flight got cancelled due to weather and lack of flight crews. Tried to find alternate flights but couldn’t. The ceremony is tonight so they had to call and say they couldn’t be here. Friends of our daughter had the same problem but from another NYC airport and were able to reschedule today to Louisville then drive 2 hours. They’ll make it though. Air travel these days just sucks. 

The ladies have been at the venue since 7:30 doing hair and makeup. I’m at the hotel and will hop in the shower and head there around 2:00. The wedding starts at 5:30. I can do nothing there as easily as doing nothing here. Practiced the dance yesterday with my daughter and nothing to worry about. She led for a few seconds until I figured out what she was doing. Should be good. 

Sorry to hear Micheline's sister can't come due to once again an airline ruining a person's trip. I wish there was a better mode of transportation (hint...transporter...beam me up) than airlines for quickness.

All the best wished to you, your daughter and all the families for tonight's wedding. I sure you will nail it on the dance, video please?? I know it will be a special time for you. Congratulations to the bride and groom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Hope everyone is well

It's been a bit of a crazy week. Enjoying the hot weather with trips out on boat and bbq's we then had some unexpected child care requests so haven't had chance to pack for cruise or do all those last minute jobs.  Hope to do them tonight after dropping Isaac off. 

@Sunshine3601Debbie,  hope we run into each other on board , wishing you safe travels to Florida 

Here is a picture of my very early morning walk with Molly with the mist in the woods and sunrise peeking through the trees 

20230907_065645.thumb.jpg.b92191966df49c54c2772d7ce532b3b8.jpg

20230907_065617.thumb.jpg.dfac93b5ffe6bc114883848efc29538d.jpg

Lovely field to go walking.   Looks very peaceful.   

Yes, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for you and Gary.  I am sure we will connect.   I am really excited to meet both of you, 

It has been a crazy busy week for us too.   Lots to do tomorrow at home. 

I cannot wait to leave work today and fly to Tampa Sunday morning.     

Safe Travels and see you soon

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks for taking the time to update us.  How frustrating and disappointing that Micheline’s sister and her family can’t make it.
 Have a wonderful night!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Lovely field to go walking.   Looks very peaceful.   

Yes, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for you and Gary.  I am sure we will connect.   I am really excited to meet both of you, 

It has been a crazy busy week for us too.   Lots to do tomorrow at home. 

I cannot wait to leave work today and fly to Tampa Sunday morning.     

Safe Travels and see you soon

I’m excited for you all and look forward to hearing about your trip!

• Like 2