Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

To everyone traveling nowadays, there is a thread on the Celebrity boards about a couple that had their passports stolen OUT OF A SAFE in their hotel room in Athens!  Of course they were then unable to board their cruise ship yesterday.  😢 Keep your passports with you and stay deligent.

My father-in-law always warned me never to put anything in the hotel room safe as he felt every hotel employee knew how to bypass the lock & open them.  Not to mention some of the older ones felt so flimsy & rickety that they could be pried open.

Having said that, I always use the hotel room safe for valuables. Not sure what I'd do with a passport. Losing that is far more inconvenient that a few hundred dollars.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

+1 @Jimbo   Hope symptoms are mild.  

I think my wife’s bout with Lyme disease was harder on her this year than Covid was.  I think the strains now seem to be more like a cold. 

It really depends.  We were at a wedding over Labor Day and about 10 percent of those who attended got covid.  Some of my siblings that got it were really sick.  Three ended up on Paxlovid, one ended up in the ER.  Not sure about the others that got it. 

My adult son, who lives with us, now has covid and he isn't as sick as he was when he had it last year.  We are back to wearing masks in my house right now, waiting to see if we get it.  He is isolated from my DH and I, so time will tell.  He only tested positive on Sunday, so we aren't out of the woods yet.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We did take tests with us and both of us tested positive But test kits we just noticed were 13 months out of date..

If Quarantined starts it will be at 6pm tonight until we get off in Bayonne tomorrow morning,not a big deal..We are packing now.

Some tests kits have received an expiration date extension from the FDA, a few of them up to 15 months past the printed expiration date on the box.

Scroll down until you find the manufacture & test name. That'll link you to a PDF file containing a very extensive list of various lot numbers.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

I'd probably go to medical for an up-to-date test, just seems easier and safer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Some tests kits have received an expiration date extension from the FDA, a few of them up to 15 months past the printed expiration date on the box.

Scroll down until you find the manufacture & test name. That'll link you to a PDF file containing a very extensive list of various lot numbers.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

I'd probably go to medical for an up-to-date test, just seems easier and safer.

Ours was IHEALTH..EXPIRATION  2022 08-19

33 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I don't think the expiration dates matter much as long as there is still fluid. A false negative would be much more likely than a false positive. If your tests are showing positive, I think you probably have covid. IMO. 

I agree with the above.  I would be more concerned with a false negative on an older test kit.  The fact that it is positive means you have it.  IMHO I wouldn't let medical know either since you are almost done.  Makes more sense to wear some masks, disembark and then drive straight home.  Sorry you won't be able to see relatives, though.  Hope you continue to feel okay and your wife gets better.   

• Like 8

So, Rome.  I feel like I’m in Manhattan. The same noise, traffic, crowds, areas of filth and bags of garbage piled up.  But also so much beauty and history.  I messed up with tonight’s plans. We had a reservation at Oro Bistro which I somehow thought was at the top of the Altar of the Fatherland. It’s actually a terrace on top of a hotel with amazing views of the Altar.  Anyway, some pics from today. 

Laughing that we made it to the train with a couple of Venice Vaporetto snafu’s
IMG_9885.thumb.jpeg.8aced187587f34ad7223666c1a71cbb0.jpeg

Lunch in Campo de Fiori. Cacio e Pepe and Spaghetti Carbonara. 

IMG_0577.thumb.jpeg.7c868d0579de94346fbdbe38f1b8d902.jpeg

IMG_9907.thumb.jpeg.fb76e85902e5b575b2470ea49a8ed629.jpeg

IMG_9908.thumb.jpeg.1cd04eb449dc49fbd9300eeeef970098.jpeg

A quick video of the Italian countryside from the train, exactly as I pictured it

Drinks and snacks at Oro Bistro

IMG_0594.thumb.jpeg.ccbd9d10c10366c07a1b125be258234b.jpeg

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 23

31 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So, Rome.  I feel like I’m in Manhattan. The same noise, traffic, crowds, areas of filth and bags of garbage piled up.  But also so much beauty and history.  I messed up with tonight’s plans. We had a reservation at Oro Bistro which I somehow thought was at the top of the Altar of the Fatherland. It’s actually a terrace on top of a hotel with amazing views of the Altar.  Anyway, some pics from today. 

A quick video of the Italian countryside from the train, exactly as I pictured it

IMG_9893.mov 35.61 MB · 0 downloads

WOW! That food looks amazing.

Just now, Arzeena said:

Was just about to say that too!

And I keep meaning to ask how Linda's hand is doing? Is it back to normal yet or is she still recovering.

It’s doing really well. Therapy has been going good and the therapist is pleased. Got an injection in her back to help her get through the cruise. I wish there was something better to do for her back than back surgery.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

I agree with the above.  I would be more concerned with a false negative on an older test kit.  The fact that it is positive means you have it.  IMHO I wouldn't let medical know either since you are almost done.  Makes more sense to wear some masks, disembark and then drive straight home.  Sorry you won't be able to see relatives, though.  Hope you continue to feel okay and your wife gets better.   

To late now we are headed there in a few minutes.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 10:51 PM, Luckynana said:

It looks like beautiful weather you're enjoying in England, Graham.  We've had rain, wind, drizzle, you name it!  Everything but sun.  LOL! 

I always enjoy your food photos, but you've got me baffled with this sandwich🤔

Bacon butty 😋

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Over the last two weeks I've missed so much on Dani's thread so apologies if I've missed something important and haven't commented on it. 

@dani negreanuI hope you've had a wonderful visit with your son and family in Amsterdam 

@JimboI saw a few of your photos of your cruise. It looks like a fantastic itinerary, I hope you enjoyed it as much as you hoped. Sorry to hear you and your wife are unwell. Gary has come home from our trip with a bad cold.  Safe travels home. 

@Sea Dog wow that stone sounds really painful . Hope it's passed and things are getting better

@A&L_Ontsorry you're feeling rotten with your jaw issues, hope it resolves itself soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2023 at 12:03 AM, jagsfan said:

I use half of my Diamond voucher every couple of  days to buy a bottle of water and a can of Diet  Coke. 
Wind up usually  up leaving some in the fridge. 

Last couple of days   once we had finished up the water package, we spent our last diamond vouchers of the day on water too

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

It was a RC excursion.  To Klein Bonaire, a tiny island just off Bonaire. There's loads of ways to get there including a water taxi which is the cheapest   there's very little shade on the island and no buildings or shops  so if you go independently it may be good to bring a cool box with cold drinks with you. 

The excursion we were on was a very old authentic Chinese Junk which was moored a short distance from our ship. To get there you transfer on rib boats which was fun but a bit difficult to get from the rib onto the junk boat.  A push from behind helped 😂

On the way over they served non alcoholic punch and on the way back alcoholic punch. They provided snorkeling gear if you need it and flippers. 

once in the water the current very gently drifts you down the length of the island alongside the Coral reef. Its not too strong and only a few feet from the island so easy to get out when you want.  Highly recommend Klein Bonaire 

Thank you, Sue.  I'll have to look into my Celebrity excursions.  It sounds like a really nice way to spend our day in Bonaire;  it'll be our 3rd time there, and this sounds like a fun and interesting excursion.  I've been meaning to order the snorkel face mask..I had wanted to order it this Summer to try the mask in our pool, but that didn't happen.  He who hesitates...😁

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 11:29 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

@sgmn  Hi Sue, I hope you were able to enjoy your day in Boston and your flight home went as planned.

It was really nice to meet you.  

Did you and Gary like the tuna?

We cut the sightseeing short as Boston was cold and rainy,  we caught the 1pm water taxi to the airport and just hung out till our 7pm flight. At least we had Internet at the airport .

Flight was on time and our pick up was waiting at LHR for us so home by 8.30am on Monday. 

I was pretty much out of it for most of Monday and Tuesday we babysat Isasc so I've only just finished the laundry today 😅 

Gary's come home with a bad cold so he's been taking it easy.

Hope you had a smooth flight home and work wasn't too hard on Monday 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

IMG_9893.mov 35.61 MB · 1 download

Food looks delicious and those were my impressions of Rome in 1978. 🤣

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Yes,it's positive  we have Covid ,there goes our chance of seeing our Son and other relatives before heading back to Virginia 

Sorry to hear that you'll be missing your family due to Covid.  Safe travels Jimbo.  I hope you and your DW start feeling better in the morning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1