Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Another person from my HS graduating class passed away.Three in the past 6 weeks,all in their sleep.The President of the school Alumni Association sent out e-mails to every member who graduated in the same year as the guy who died.Our graduating class had several hundred students.I realize that not everyone joins an Alumni Association but the e-mail was only sent to 23 people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Another person from my HS graduating class passed away.Three in the past 6 weeks,all in their sleep.The President of the school Alumni Association sent out e-mails to every member who graduated in the same year as the guy who died.Our graduating class had several hundred students.I realize that not everyone joins an Alumni Association but the e-mail was only sent to 23 people.

Sorry to hear this.  My graduating class has a FB group and I'm starting to get a few of those notices as well.  I just try to be thankful for every day.   Sending positive thoughts your way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I read what happened last night just now. Meanwhile Lisa is watching it while eating lunch.  I’m not going to say a word to her, other than you all here found it to be a good tribal. 

image.thumb.jpg.c96c898863c279e1119af85deeab1d2c.jpg

Glad to see Bruce got voted off and even better (funnier) with a individual immunity idol in his pocket. 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for asking. The the whole pretty good. This knee is responding better than my first knee replacement. I leave here shortly for my first post op with the surgeon but first having a cat scan this morning on my groin to see if I have a hernia. I also have some numbness in my other leg on the outer thigh. My doctor thinks it’s meralgia paraesthetica from a constricted nerve. Hopefully it will go away with time. So all and all I am getting there. Still tough to sleep at night with some pain issues but I’m off the Oxycodone and I am walking without a cane and I can drive. One day at a time.

Best wishes Greg.

I hope the pain settles down soon.

Take care.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry to hear your news Lenny.

Condolences to all of your friends and family of those who have departed.

I hope you are both well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

Sorry to hear this.  My graduating class has a FB group and I'm starting to get a few of those notices as well.  I just try to be thankful for every day.   Sending positive thoughts your way.

Thank you.I am not on FB but my school has a page on there that people have told me about.

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear your news Lenny.

Condolences to all of your friends and family of those who have departed.

I hope you are both well.

Thanks ,Graham.we are hanging in .Yesterday I was on my Singing for Parkinson’s Zoom.We sang Beatles songs and Elvis Presley.There were 98 people from all over the world.Next week the topic is Songs of the 60’s.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Quick shout out to @GeorgeC or @firefly333 who are on Harmony. I have heard that Galveston has scrapped the facial recognition and everything is being done manually.  There are reports that embarkation on Regal Princess the other day  was severely delayed departing and that Carnival Breezes debarkation today was a gong show.  There are also reports from Voyager of the Seas passengers that they are being warned of delayed debarkation on this cruise.  Any report on how your embarkation was or any word about your impending debarkation? 

406397270_1528128567987941_7283279050829976810_n.thumb.jpg.09c516fc9c8d101cdd1585239c5997cf.jpg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Quick shout out to @GeorgeC or @firefly333 who are on Harmony. I have heard that Galveston has scrapped the facial recognition and everything is being done manually.  There are reports that embarkation on Regal Princess the other day  was severely delayed departing and that Carnival Breezes debarkation today was a gong show.  There are also reports from Voyager of the Seas passengers that they are being warned of delayed debarkation on this cruise.  Any report on how your embarkation was or any word about your impending debarkation? 

406397270_1528128567987941_7283279050829976810_n.thumb.jpg.09c516fc9c8d101cdd1585239c5997cf.jpg

Hate to be on that ship then, had to do manually back in September on Jewel and it took a very long time to get off the ship and that was a ship with half as many people as Harmony has on it.

Good luck to all pack your patience for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

and that Carnival Breezes debarkation today was a gong show.  

Really? We were on Breeze last week. Facial Recognition was used when we debarked this past Saturday in Galveston. It was fast.

I heard that the issues were only due to a disagreement between Princess and the port/customs. I am surprised that it's affecting everyone now, only days later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Really? We were on Breeze last week. Facial Recognition was used when we debarked this past Saturday in Galveston. It was fast.

I heard that the issues were only due to a disagreement between Princess and the port/customs. I am surprised that it's affecting everyone now, only days later.

This is Breeze today.  Picture was taken at 12:00

406885025_1529020764565388_2344894521498087019_n.thumb.jpg.92d17342ee8acd0db380b198466d58ce.jpg

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Hate to be on that ship then, had to do manually back in September on Jewel and it took a very long time to get off the ship and that was a ship with half as many people as Harmony has on it.

Good luck to all pack your patience for sure.

We had the same experience on Serenade since we had to go thru immigration onboard before disembarkment.  We were stuck in a long unmoving line for quite awhile.  Once we got off the ship and got our luggage all was good to go.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@Ocean Boy Maybe this Hallmark Christmas movie might interest you?

”Navigating Christmas.” About a mom and son who visit a remote island for Christmas only to find themselves running a real working lighthouse.

That was the movie that I wrote about here 2-3 weeks ago.

• Like 4