Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@Momof3gurlz  Feel better, Deb!  I was fortunate to not have any reaction to the Flu shot.  Barely sore arm for this side-sleeper.

I am probably jinxing myself, but I’ve only had a reaction to one shot, ever, and that was back in the beginning of flu shots. 
went out to eat with friends, and couldn’t lift my right arm. 
I had to eat with my left hand, which was hard to do! And have my meat cut for me. 
My arm wasn’t sore, it was just dead as a door nail…whatever that is!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

I used Lyft.  $49 before tip from Orange County. 

Thank you ! We used Über from Fullerton Amtrak to San Pedro for that price but return to Fullerton Amtrak cost us $150 in a fancier car .  Good to know next time .  

Enjoy yourself on your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Actually my mistake that was the wrong picture.It was before surgery Here is the correct picture after second surgery.

BothKnees.thumb.png.e7e5d45d9d81f09f06f7dc1bfa13f7f8.png

Thanks for posting this pic.  When I saw the 1st one you posted I was wondering why the knees looked so different. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Coralc said:

Am I the only one that didn't know what a "close" meant? My first thought was closet, with the t missing, which would have been even worse. ☺️

[ C ] UK uk. /kləʊs/ us. /kloʊs/ a road, usually with private houses, that vehicles can only enter from one end: He lives at 83 Barker Close.

We use to live in a Close when we lived in Sussex.  The road we're in now is also a close but not called that . 

Great for kids to playing in the street as only people who live in our road (or visiting) would come down it. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Productive morning pick-up…with Andi on Harmony this week with her sister, at least I’ll be able miss her in style.

IMG_4507.thumb.jpeg.3e3187992941f39bd0674a804682c063.jpeg

Winner Winner!!! Love the Colonel, one of my all time favorites.

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for posting this pic.  When I saw the 1st one you posted I was wondering why the knees looked so different. 

Yes stupid mistake on my part adding pictures too fast and not checking them.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Well. 

MAC CHAMPIONS

MIAMI OF OHIO!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS COACH PALIDAR. 

IMG_1260.thumb.jpeg.f3d07137fe3218e96988360a848640a4.jpeg

IMG_2824.thumb.png.2e04abccd62657e442a2268d947ed29b.png

💕

Driving to Oxford Ohio. 

PARTY!!!!!!!!

That's your Daughter and Son-in-law carrying the trophy isn't it?

Edited by Jimbo

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I have a huge selection of Christmas movies on dvd as well.  My wife would play many of them as background noise while cooking, cleaning etc. My step daughter has seen Christmas Vacation so many times, she can recite every line from the movie and almost be in perfect sync while watching it.  Not sure  if I should be proud or worried. 😄

Best line from Cousin Eddy in Christmas Vacation: "The $hitter's full."

Not sure you mean the Laurel and Hardly March of the Wooden Soldiers, but I loved that movie shown every year on Thanksgiving.  Haven't seen it in years.

• Like 5

Decided to do a test run on smoking some pork shoulder today.   It’s been on at 225 for over 8 hrs now.  Looks good so far.  🐷 

Thanksgiving smoked turkey’s were a hit & it was suggested that we have smoked pork for xmas.  

Georgia/Alabama on, plenty of beers on hand,  pulled pork on the way,  can’t complain.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Decided to do a test run on smoking some pork shoulder today.   It’s been on at 225 for over 8 hrs now.  Looks good so far.  🐷 

Thanksgiving smoked turkey’s were a hit & it was suggested that we have smoked pork for xmas.  

Georgia/Alabama on, plenty of beers on hand,  pulled pork on the way,  can’t complain.

Great game so far for Bama, usually don't like Saban  but this year kind of pulling for an upset since Georgia  won last 2  years.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Great game so far for Bama, usually don't like Saban  but this year kind of pulling for an upset since Georgia  won last 2  years.

I think that turnover on the muffed hand off could easily cost them the game….

However Bama only getting a FG out of it may end up costing them the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had to stop at the grocery store today. I saw some eggnog (which I never drink) and decided to buy some for some Kraken spiked indulgence tonight.

20231202_211118.thumb.jpg.815da718b1b7f60ffd08e8c6934527b7.jpg

Cheers! 

I added a little whipped cream to the top of mine, just in case there wasn't enough calories & fat in the egg nog alone.  😀

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Best line from Cousin Eddy in Christmas Vacation: "The $hitter's full."

Not sure you mean the Laurel and Hardly March of the Wooden Soldiers, but I loved that movie shown every year on Thanksgiving.  Haven't seen it in years.

Clark turns to Ellen "Honey, have you checked our $hitter".

Yes, the Laurel & Hardy version. I used to watch it every Thanksgiving & now have it on DVD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/30/2023 at 11:37 AM, Ocean Boy said:

You are up early.🙂 How is your week going?

You’re actually assuming that I went to bed. 🤣🤣🤣  Ok, I did go to bed, but woke up early and Mike hadn’t left for the gym yet. I decided to tag along 😆 and that’s when I took the pictures. Mike and I have been having a hard time sleeping for some reason. We aren’t sure why. I’m thinking because we have been drinking more. Been drinking 4 - 5 drinks a night. That’s unusual for us not unless we are hanging out with you or with Bella’s group. We have been meeting up with different people so I know that’s why more drinks. Funny how when it’s just the two of us we drink a lot less, but with others all bets are off.

The thing is, I don’t remember having a hard time sleeping when drinking that much at other times. It has also been very noisy with lots of kids running the halls and door slamming, especially next door to us. We’re baffled, but at least we will be in our own quiet bed tomorrow night and no drinking. Other than that it’s been a good cruise. We’ve been getting ready to pack our patience for the Christmas and the Icon cruise. It’s going to be crazy. 🫤

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Well. 

MAC CHAMPIONS

MIAMI OF OHIO!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS COACH PALIDAR. 

IMG_1260.thumb.jpeg.f3d07137fe3218e96988360a848640a4.jpeg

IMG_2824.thumb.png.2e04abccd62657e442a2268d947ed29b.png

💕

Driving to Oxford Ohio. 

PARTY!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo  🎉

Happy day for Big Ben.  😄  

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

We use to live in a Close when we lived in Sussex.  The road we're in now is also a close but not called that . 

Great for kids to playing in the street as only people who live in our road (or visiting) would come down it. 

In the US, it’s a cul-de-sac (borrowed from the French) or a dead end, which is purely American 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 33°F and snowing.

Currently there is at least 2 inches of snow on my car.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Prayers 🙏 for our lovely friend Dani @dani negreanu and all of her family and friends for peace and happiness.

No snow here in the South Graham, just frost. Loved seeing all the frosted webs in the woods yesterday,  so beautiful. Today is a little warmer but rainy 🌧.  I prefer cold and frosty/snowy over cold and rainy.

Going to get the Christmas lights down today to check they're still working and start decorating. Will get our tree on Wednesday 

• Like 8