Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, George C said:

By far the best player on Pittsburgh is out for Bills game Sunday, Watt caused havoc against the Bills in some previous games. I not that interested in hockey on TV but it’s exciting to see it live .

No doubt! That’s a huge loss for us.  Honestly there is no way we should be in the playoffs but hey, i’ll take it.   With that said, A team with nothing to lose and heavy underdog is very dangerous.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

There might be something in the works. 😉

2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse?

Sinister looking car with a sinister name.   Just think of how intimidated the players on the other team will be when he pulls up to his games in this car.

2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse-134-64e76d495cd9d.thumb.jpg.17c703dac5df44a6241f10c4b32fd172.jpg

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5
  • Haha 11

Speaking of hockey we went on a cruise over 30 years ago , turns out it was a hockey cruise with lots of players, none of which I knew , I was playing Caribbean poker I told the guy next to me he should ante the extra 50 cents or a dollar to get a chance to win 20k (if royal flush) another guy at the table said you would have a better chance of scoring a hundred goals next year than getting that , following hand I had 4 of a kind and won several hundred. Dominick Hasek was one of the players on the cruise, when my sister in law was in the hospital with cancer he visited and she was told he regularly goes there to cheer up patients 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is storming here now,27 mph wind .

We have had heavy downpours of rain for hours and the wind is blowing strong at 25 mph with occassional stronger gusts.   Nasty!!  

I hope everyone is safe and sound

• Like 5

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen now has his G2, and can drive on his own. Now he has to save up for some wheels, but until then we don’t have to drive him to all of his practices.

IMG_3325.thumb.jpeg.87e2f5cd83497945eb26d0f81dbce0bc.jpeg

Congratulations to Owen!!

I remember how exciting it was to get my driver's license.   

And how exciting but worrisome when our boys got their licenses.   

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, George C said:

Speaking of hockey we went on a cruise over 30 years ago , turns out it was a hockey cruise with lots of players, none of which I knew , I was playing Caribbean poker I told the guy next to me he should ante the extra 50 cents or a dollar to get a chance to win 20k (if royal flush) another guy at the table said you would have a better chance of scoring a hundred goals next year than getting that , following hand I had 4 of a kind and won several hundred. Dominick Hasek was one of the players on the cruise, when my sister in law was in the hospital with cancer he visited and she was told he regularly goes there to cheer up patients 

"The Dominator", one of the best goaltenders,  is a legend in Buffalo. Although the Sabres never won a championship, he helped a good but not great team be very competitive & dangerous. It seemed like he won the Vezina Trophy (given to the best goaltender) every year during the 1990's. Holds the record for most saves in a game without allowing a goal.  The guy was fun to watch, flip flopping like a fish out of water. His body must've been made out of rubber.

Although he spend the majority of his career in Buffalo, he eventually ended up on the Detroit Red Wings where he won a few Stanley Cups.

He was known for his charity work & visiting hospitals.  You & your SIL were in the presence of hockey greatness.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have had heavy downpours of rain for hours and the wind is blowing strong at 25 mph with occassional stronger gusts.   Nasty!!  

I hope everyone is safe and sound

We have a lake in the middle of the development plus we are surrounded by water on 3 sides.There is always a danger of flooding.We are also surrounded by trees .Luckily we have never had a tree or branches hit our house.

Wind is now at 32 mph.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

"The Dominator", one of the best goaltenders,  is a legend in Buffalo. Although the Sabres never won a championship, he helped a good but not great team be very competitive & dangerous. It seemed like he won the Vezina Trophy (given to the best goaltender) every year during the 1990's. Holds the record for most saves in a game without allowing a goal.  The guy was fun to watch, flip flopping like a fish out of water. His body must've been made out of rubber.

Although he spend the majority of his career in Buffalo, he eventually ended up on the Detroit Red Wings where he won a few Stanley Cups.

He was known for his charity work & visiting hospitals.  You & your SIL were in the presence of hockey greatness.

Around 1979 I did a cruise with another hockey hall of famer Phil Esposito, I met many celebrities over the years on cruises he was extremely friendly talking with everyone, I also have a picture of my wife with Doug Flutie on a princess cruise out of Brooklyn.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations to Owen!!

I remember how exciting it was to get my driver's license.   

And how exciting but worrisome when our boys got their licenses.   

Congratulations to Owen, @A&L_Ont 

He'll love his freedom that a driving licence brings.

Agree with Debbie, I use to be up all night worrying until they got home, when my boys passed their tests.

I told my boys I would put a third towards their car, they could take a third from their savings but they had to contribute a third too. Worked with the oldest but I seem to remember our youngest got our old car when we changed cars. 

• Like 2

We began our northward trek yesterday, which made for som interesting driving.  The rain stayed west of us for the part of the drive from central Florida, until we got to I-26.  It was heavy rain and high winds until we got north of Charlotte. Lots of crashes around that area.  It made for an interesting drive.

Today, we will get to see a mix of rain and snow on our last 400 miles.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have a lake in the middle of the development plus we are surrounded by water on 3 sides.There is always a danger of flooding.We are also surrounded by trees .Luckily we have never had a tree or branches hit our house.

Wind is now at 32 mph.

How was it last night?   I hope everything is okay.    We were in the path of a squal that lasted for about 1 hr with wind gusts close to 60 mph and had over 3 inches of rain.   

Waiting for sun to rise to see what our yard looks like.

Still have a light rain and winds around 20 mph

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Absolutely true.  My nephew, who was in his teens, was dealing with cancer while Hasek was playing for the Sabres.  Hasek met with him several times at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo while he was there being treated.  He even arranged for my nephew to do a ceremonial puck drop before a Sabres game.  From everything I've heard, he's a tremendous guy in addition to being one of the greatest goalies ever.  My nephew is doing great now and is a pediatric oncologist.  

• Like 18

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We began our northward trek yesterday, which made for som interesting driving.  The rain stayed west of us for the part of the drive from central Florida, until we got to I-26.  It was heavy rain and high winds until we got north of Charlotte. Lots of crashes around that area.  It made for an interesting drive.

I wish you Safe travels home😊

• Like 1

Nice red sky this morning. 

IMG_0576.thumb.jpeg.238186b3a236c8aff0d4e22f32a77651.jpeg

We stayed in our favorite hotel in Elkin, NC last night.  They are in the process of taking down Christmas decorations, but there are still quite a few up. 

IMG_0573.thumb.jpeg.8a7b1a460ade2f9411d2bb1e2fa8d531.jpeg

IMG_0575.thumb.jpeg.467237332783b19b946db31bbc2bbf7c.jpeg

Taking down decorations is something I have to look forward to when I get home. No rush for me, though. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Safe travels. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Oh my now I have the oompa loompa song stuck in my head.  Sigh

I avoided that by not singing it. 

Like 15 minutes has turned into a year or more. Seriously. 😒😂

• Haha 5

We are supposed to get up to 60 today and tomorrow so I’m heading out to do errands. By Sunday the big freeze comes and it looks like we won’t be above freezing for several days in a row.  This is a big deal down here.  Homes aren’t built with this in mind and pipes freezing is a real concern.  We’ll keep faucets dripping and hope our power stays on.  We lost 2 palm trees last time but didn’t have any burst pipes although we were without water for about 24 hours. We didn’t lose power but of course many others did with dire consequences. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1