Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, OnTheJourney said:

Never heard of it...Celebrity Summit. We like to sail her out of Bayonne. No flying needed.

Rock and romance is a music charter with music stars from the 1970’s this year Don McLean and Dave Mason among others, same charter company has 50’s , 60’s, 80’s , disco and soul cruises .live music from about noon to past midnight. I miss taking cruises when I lived in New York City.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, George C said:

Just booked our favorite New York City hotel again for Memorial Day weekend 4 nights there the 3 in Buffalo area (East Aurora) . Have our rock and romance music cruise in less than 4 weeks, will most likely visit my sister and her family Labor Day . Then MSc yacht club cruise right after thanksgiving 😁😁. Need to prebook a play or two or maybe Carlyle room or 54 below . 

The Wall Street Journal has an article in today’s paper about post-museum meals.  It mentions the Bemelmans Bar at the Carlyle hotel. “ It’s a nice place to have a martini, listen to some music and talk to a friend “.  If I’m remembering correctly it is where Woody Allen used to play the clarinet.  

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I will say slightly boring, "cliquish" and going in all other directions but of the "cruise". I also got the feeling that some people were getting too full of themselves.

So I had a choice to fast forward most posts.

My feelings as well. I was hesitant to say something as I didn't want to ruffle feathers so I'm glad you did but there is a cliquish behavior that just doesn't appeal to me. Part of the reason why I don't check in as often as I once did.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Strongly agree.   Lots of meaningless posts that I skip over too.  

Exactly, It seems like I'm be skipping over pages at a time only to miss a valid post that I see later in a quoted reply. I feel like I'm eavesdropping on a personal conversation sometimes.

But hey, that's the point internet forums, plenty of conversations for people to choose to follow. I'll still check it out from time to time.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good evening.  Just had the most beautiful weather in Burnie, Tasmania.  Just rolled back on the ship after visiting 3 wineries including one with a lovely long  lunch, a very scenic distillery, a few scenic lookouts, a waterfront place  called Penguin (where the fairy penguins come ashore), looking for platypus in their natural environment and having the best strawberry ice-cream I’ve ever eaten /  courtesy of The Berry Place just out of Devonport.  Phone battery died mid-afternoon but here are some photos…B18E1E5A-B0D1-4F76-B568-8421832AE969.thumb.jpeg.164f041f48cfe3f6abcfc22dc6d353e3.jpeg

B8DAA02D-71D6-4C74-B778-5C3F2BFE54BF.thumb.jpeg.b104eafd389e38d1d5b783cec2d2c6a7.jpeg

2051518F-04A0-47B2-916A-243B2689CD8F.thumb.jpeg.aaa3be926acb0b62c3671a485d854710.jpeg

Peek-a-boo - Pademelon

AE39CC8B-AB09-4147-B431-EE2BA12CFB1B.thumb.jpeg.50744b8c72de85794842ed37337adaa2.jpeg

CAA666A3-5950-4E1F-9DCE-21FDAA5ADD93.thumb.jpeg.b331113de93c460646d42454ec97d66d.jpeg
searching for Platypus

5E7FEA6D-39B1-4427-A993-92A924F1F785.thumb.jpeg.fcfd8f6c25f8ba21743992907f22a5e3.jpeg

Beautiful environment for platypus 

14A65C35-5163-4E7B-A502-462AD2211DB4.thumb.jpeg.64d01993e06aa490da38c7c2ad01448b.jpeg

For @Ocean Boy

D31E3AC5-BE60-4814-8D48-5EBBB57F2A96.thumb.jpeg.9422db0d0342a398de143b0adb8483af.jpeg

49C42493-5A02-4D0F-8348-B09565DB597F.thumb.jpeg.04328c68b0e293c6f6b2bcefa570427f.jpeg

We had perfect weather today ☀️

Next stop was a chocolate factory. This Tasmanian Devil was made of chocolate.  3A2C33A6-343B-49D5-8BE8-875978B5D37E.thumb.jpeg.153c62a1081e7660627d9937ccc0f5ba.jpeg

Afternoon winery was like a villa in Tuscany.  Sadly my phone died at this point. Beautiful place to have wine tasting & sit and enjoy our wines.

Final stop was The Berry Factory (10mins out of Devonport).  Long queues for the strawberry or raspberry ice-cream but we all agreed it was worth the wait.

18800AA0-9C9B-4415-98CD-589219B3DA20.thumb.jpeg.13f41f8fbe92d3e2c8f8947c1bd594ce.jpeg

Love all your pictures.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just when I thought I was recovering good with the hernia. My prostrate decided to be stubborn again. I was in pain all day as I couldn’t urinate. Ended up having to go to the ER late last night and had a catheter put in (that was not fun at all) and they drained 1200ml off of me. Now I’m back home catheter and all. I’m very uncomfortable but at least not in the pain as I was in. Now I have to get back to urologist and see how long this thing will have to stay in. Life is not fun right now.

I’m so sorry you’re having these difficulties Greg. Hoping for better times ahead for you. 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Deb,   Safe travels for your upcoming adventure.   I hope you and Andy have good weather and lots of fun.   😊

Thanks Debbie! 

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I didn't realize there were two others!  Carol and Andy went to the one in Ft. Myers Beach.😊

They’re actually all over. In fact I just learned they’re opening one out on Cape Cod. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

This is where John's ability to hold a captive audience in his excellent reviews is most missed.

I really wish John was able to do a review on CC of the WC 😔  He is truly missed, especially for this adventure.

Hold on sec, is that really Bella's mom posting? This whole time I thought it was Bella's dad in disguise, wearing a wig and evening gown, trying to stay on his best behavior. lol

• Haha 11

@Arzeena & @LuckynanaThank you for asking.  DD was prepped and ready for surgery but due to emergencies coming in, the orthopaedic surgeon did not operate on her until close to midnight (her time).  Can’t believe she was operated on that late.   Operation went well and she has had no pain since.  She had a screw inserted in her fracture.  She sent me the surgeon’s report yesterday.  I said wow that is very detailed. She said yes, only problem is he has stated the wrong ankle.

She originally planned to come home post operation but she is re-considering.  

Her friends are reporting that the path that she slipped on has been perfectly cleared and salted  at 6.30am everyday since.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is the problem?

That’s the problem. It’s really minor but I keep feeling like I’m getting the runaround. This shouldn’t be that hard. It certainly never has in the past.

I pre-ordered an extension cord for my CPAP machine via special needs. Received confirmation via email 2 months ago. 

it wasn’t in the room when we arrived. However, there was a QR code that you could scan for ordering things to the room. So of course I tried that and the app said it would be delivered in half an hour. Of course it wasn’t. I asked my stateroom attendant and he said he would get it for me. When it hadn’t arrived in the evening, I asked him again and he said he was waiting on his supervisor to bring it. He called this supervisor again and requested it. I could hear one half of this conversation so I expected to see it shortly. It never showed up  went down to guest services and asked them about it. They got on the phone told me that someone was on the way to the room now to deliver it. So I went to a show when I came back from the show still no extension cord. Went back to guest services. Different representative gets on the phone and ask this mystery person about my extension cord and then tells me they are on the way right now to my room.

I ask, are you sure, that’s what they said three hours ago. I was assured yes they are on their way now. So off to my room I go. Of course nobody showed up by 11:30 when I went to bed.

So, in order to get a to work, I have it strung from the outlet at the desk to a chair near the bed. However, the cord is now waste height spanning the room because if I try and laid it on the ground, I don’t have enough cable to reach close enough to the bed.

it’s a tripping hazard, I could knock the machine over and break it, the whole set up looks hillbilly.

again, it’s a minor thing, but for me to get a decent night sleep I need that machine in the evening. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Got a little bit more than a dusting of snow, maybe 2-3 inches of light fluffy stuff. The sun was bright & strong so most of the driveway and half of the sidewalk was already melted by the time I went out.  Decided to let Mother Nature finish the job so I came back inside to read CC. 🙂

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That’s the problem. It’s really minor but I keep feeling like I’m getting the runaround. This shouldn’t be that hard. It certainly never has in the past.

I pre-ordered an extension cord for my CPAP machine via special needs. Received confirmation via email 2 months ago. 

it wasn’t in the room when we arrived. However, there was a QR code that you could scan for ordering things to the room. So of course I tried that and the app said it would be delivered in half an hour. Of course it wasn’t. I asked my stateroom attendant and he said he would get it for me. When it hadn’t arrived in the evening, I asked him again and he said he was waiting on his supervisor to bring it. He called this supervisor again and requested it. I could hear one half of this conversation so I expected to see it shortly. It never showed up  went down to guest services and asked them about it. They got on the phone told me that someone was on the way to the room now to deliver it. So I went to a show when I came back from the show still no extension cord. Went back to guest services. Different representative gets on the phone and ask this mystery person about my extension cord and then tells me they are on the way right now to my room.

I ask, are you sure, that’s what they said three hours ago. I was assured yes they are on their way now. So off to my room I go. Of course nobody showed up by 11:30 when I went to bed.

So, in order to get a to work, I have it strung from the outlet at the desk to a chair near the bed. However, the cord is now waste height spanning the room because if I try and laid it on the ground, I don’t have enough cable to reach close enough to the bed.

it’s a tripping hazard, I could knock the machine over and break it, the whole set up looks hillbilly.

again, it’s a minor thing, but for me to get a decent night sleep I need that machine in the evening. 

Once again, where's the customer service!  How is the CL situation for the evening CAS HH?  

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Not a minor thing at all...especially after making so many attempts to get the situation rectified. CPAPs are very important to many people and forcing you to make your hillbilly setup isn't safe. You've got more patience than I do.  At this point, I'd probably be knocking on the door of the bridge, demanding that the Captain personally bring an extension cord to my room. 🤣  I agree with others...check with the Diamond concierge or the LA.  Explain the situation and I'm sure they will get it resolved quickly, and maybe even comp you a meal or a bottle of wine for your inconvenience (even though I'm sure that you're not asking for that).

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think @island ladybeing off of the ship now is not helping to keep the thread focused.

It is also very hard to follow where the ship was going, is going, and may go. I just don't find it quite as interesting now.

Pat did a good job with photos and some story telling. 

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I find it difficult. It is fine if you find it easy. Perhaps I don't really have all that much interest now that folks aren't showing pictures of where they are and what they are doing.

I agree. 

Strongly agree.   Lots of meaningless posts that I skip over too.     I really wish John was able to do a review on CC of the WC 😔  He is truly missed, especially for this adventure.

I have a suggestion for both of, start o a go fund me campaign. I’d gladly sacrifice myself to provide your cruise fix. 😀

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just when I thought I was recovering good with the hernia. My prostrate decided to be stubborn again. I was in pain all day as I couldn’t urinate. Ended up having to go to the ER late last night and had a catheter put in (that was not fun at all) and they drained 1200ml off of me. Now I’m back home catheter and all. I’m very uncomfortable but at least not in the pain as I was in. Now I have to get back to urologist and see how long this thing will have to stay in. Life is not fun right now.

Sending good vibes your way.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I think you should take a photo is of this and show it to the cabin supervisor, guest services, the hotel director etc… who will resolve your problem. This is a safety hazard and they should be able to find a cord quickly.  I hate to think you need to post it on social media to get some help. 

• Like 6

Also sending good vibes your way❤️‍🩹

• Like 1

Man oh man.  It doesn’t seem like you can get a break right now, hopefully there will be no more steady stream of issues. Hopefully this will soon start to turn around, and trickle to a stop. 

• Like 2

Had another superb dinner on VV last night.  In the opposite to Tree Skier’s frustrating experience - I was treated like a VIP last night.

I was seated at my reserved table and my waitress had just left after we had discussed the best dishes for me and  taking my order, when the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Manager came over  and asked if I would give up my table as a gentlemen had come in who needed it.  They were both profusely apologetic and very appreciative that I said yes.  I just smiled and said it’s fine.

Anyways, from then on from my perfectly acceptable new table,I was treated like a VIP. My drinks were comped, I had the Mgr & AM come over and sincerely apologise again and then the the Restaurant Manager personally served me each course and then checked I was enjoying each dish which I was.  Never had this level of attention in my life and never will again.  And all dishes were superb.  

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 15

12 minutes ago, doghog said:

Once again, where's the customer service!  How is the CL situation for the evening CAS HH?  

Yesterday was good. Not to crowded diamonds allowed in. Very low pinnacle count. 

IMG_1865.thumb.jpeg.ee5208c670a459223102b372eddfbc1e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I agree with all the others, this is not a minor issue. It's now a safety issue in addition to being a health issue so you don't have to worry about being "that" kind of passenger (the demanding kind). You have shown incredible patience in trying to come up with a temporary work around & should be comped a bottle of wine or lunch in Chops for your understanding so far.

Hope it gets resolved soon.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry to hear your prostate is causing you problems Greg.

I hope your urologist can give you good news.

• Like 1

There was a discussion on the WC thread about the volume level of the shows on Royal.  VV are next level.  I haven’t been to a full show yet, but the Bingo with Diva was at full volume including a song performance by Diva.  I walked out of Bingo with a pulsing headache and had to skip the slot pull organised by our roll call that was scheduled immediately after as a result.  I have a show booked for tonight but I am worried about how loud it will be in a small venue.  It  runs for an hour and it’s a standing only for the audience.

• Like 3