Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hey Sis, our first stop is in PC.    Look for OB's feet.   See ya there😅

🤣🤣🤣

Have a great cruise. Post some pictures here if you can. Bon Voyage!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My ear has been bugging me for last 2 days.  Woke up with swelling and very sore.   Headed to urgent care to get some meds before I leave on cruise tomorrow.

Feel better and have a great cruise,Debbie.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You can't go wrong with a Sony.  I think they tend to be over priced because you're paying for the name, but there's no doubting the quality.  

All of our TV’s are Sony.We have yet to have a problem with a SONY product.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've actually never been IN the store but outside of it. They are closed on Saturdays which is the day I would typically be in NYC. I think you can't even place an order on their website between a certain time Friday night through a certain time Saturday. Has to do with religious reasons as I understand it.

@Ocean Boy

The Jewish Shabbat starts at sunset on Friday until sunset on Saturday.

20 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you are at all a photographer or videographer, B&H is like Disneyland. 

Their sales people are extremely knowledgeable

DH was amazed with their professional knowledge too. He traded in his old Nikon for a new one, and they gave him a very favorable rate, for the camera and for the lenses.

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I haven't seen @davekathypost for a while so I hope they are okay.

@grapau27

Graham, funny that you mentioned @davekathy ... Just the other day, when thinking about people who didn't post lately, Dave was one of them. Checked, saw their last post was in October and was sad to see it. Was thinking of asking Pat, aka @island lady , since I remember they seem to know each other...

Mystery solved (thanks Marietta  @DaniDanielle -- Dave is now @doghog and I'm very happy to see him "back" 😉

4 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Labadee tomorrow, then Aruba and Bonaire. 

@jmh2006

Jennifer, have an amazing cruise and enjoy every minute of it🌺

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m glad you are getting that looked at. Hope meds will take care of you and have a great cruise.

@Sunshine3601

+ 1 Debbie & Eric (glad you had it treated !)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You can't go wrong with a Sony.  I think they tend to be over priced because you're paying for the name, but there's no doubting the quality.  

Originally I wasn't even going to look at Sony as that was stretching my budget to the max. But after I asked the salesman if any of the TV's could be taken out of "Showroom Demo Mode" (or whatever it's called) so I could see what it would look like realistically, he said just with Sony. He must've seen the skeptical look on my face and quickly explained that Sony is so confident in their picture quality that it would still be just as good as other manufactures "Demo Mode" & none of the other manufactures are that confident.

I don't know if that's true but what I do know is true is that after a few minutes when my eyes adjusted to the dimmer or washed out pictures, they were still amazing. He played a variety of content for me so at least I was able to compare 5 different Sony TV's to each other.  Even the bottom of the line "value" (using the term loosely)  model was good with the next step up model  very, very good and still around $1,100.  From there, they do go up in $500 increments to get to QLED & OLED so now "budget creep" is setting it which is also very common for me.

Yes, the QLED & OLED are clearly better but are they $500-$600 better? Maybe, over a 10 year period that's only $50 more per year which is less than what I spend on beer at ONE (1) Ranger game.  I can justify anything in terms of beer. 🙂. Or I could down size to the 55 inch model, emphasizing quality over size.  FYI. my seating area will range from 8-10 feet away from the TV.

At the end, he did say Sony usually releases their new TV models in March so it's possible that the current models may drop in price later in March. No guarantee of course on price drop and availability.  Decisions, Decisions....

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Perfect.    Be packed and ready to leave from Cape Liberty tomorrow.    We have a 12:30/1:00 pm check-in

Urgent care prescribed cefdinir, said I have a "classic" ear infection but appears I caught it early on so Cefdinir should take care of it.     

I never had ear infections until about a year ago.   I hope this isn't going to become a regular thing with me.  

He said it would be okay if I have 1 or 2 drinks.     Guess he's never been on a cruise😁

Glad you caught & treated it in time. So many times in the past, I would always develop some sort of medical condition before a cruise or island vacation. Usually a tooth ache and I'd have visions of getting a root canal in Jamaica.   Fortunately, my dentist would see me right away & either prescribe  medication or tell me to stop clenching my teeth. Pre-vacation stress & sure enough, by the time day 1 of vacation was over, tooth ache gone.

• Like 8

I'm OK, I'm OK.  Thanks for the posts of concern. They meant a lot to me. @dani negreanu Dani, I never received your email and I even checked my spam folder.

I just haven't been in the mood to post on CC.  My daughter's MS (not sure I mentioned, she was diagnosed about a year ago) is not cooperating with her daily life.  Flair ups, in-hospital infusions, eye sight getting worse.  We wanted to go to NJ but she insisted she's doing "well" and is planning a trip here in a few weeks.  She's "fine" now, back to work and feeling good. She is so upbeat, she calls to lift MY spirits up.

I'm having umbilical hernia surgery in a few weeks.  Not major surgery but scary enough.  I've been to two surgeons for consultations and picked the one I felt most comfortable with, in bed side manner, in education, in experience with my type of surgery.

@DaniDanielle Marietta, may your friend RIP, strength to his wife.  May his memory bring blessings to all who knew and loved him.

@Ozark_Kid John, I smiled when you posted you were having a good day.  I wish so many more for you.

I've been popping in here and enjoying everyone's wonderful pictures of vacations, AI, cruises, soccer, food, it's all good.  Please continue to educate and entertain us.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm OK, I'm OK.  Thanks for the posts of concern. They meant a lot to me. @dani negreanu Dani, I never received your email and I even checked my spam folder.

I just haven't been in the mood to post on CC.  My daughter's MS (not sure I mentioned, she was diagnosed about a year ago) is not cooperating with her daily life.  Flair ups, in-hospital infusions, eye sight getting worse.  We wanted to go to NJ but she insisted she's doing "well" and is planning a trip here in a few weeks.  She's "fine" now, back to work and feeling good. She is so upbeat, she calls to lift MY spirits up.

I'm having umbilical hernia surgery in a few weeks.  Not major surgery but scary enough.  I've been to two surgeons for consultations and picked the one I felt most comfortable with, in bed side manner, in education, in experience with my type of surgery.

@DaniDanielle Marietta, may your friend RIP, strength to his wife.  May his memory bring blessings to all who knew and loved him.

@Ozark_Kid John, I smiled when you posted you were having a good day.  I wish so many more for you.

I've been popping in here and enjoying everyone's wonderful pictures of vacations, AI, cruises, soccer, food, it's all good.  Please continue to educate and entertain us.

Best wishes to your daughter and yourself Bonnie.

• Thanks 1

Greetings from somewhere off the coast of Cuba onboard Adventure of the Seas with @jmh2006 Jennifer!  It’s crazy windy up on the pool deck today with an extra dose of crazy because the entire upper deck is closed.  Pool chairs and space to put them are at a premium.  
Andy and I had a nice 4 day cruise on Allure just prior to this one with great weather every day.  There were tons of kids on that one, I’m sure due to school breaks.  Food was good to very good everywhere we ate (Windjammer, MDR, Park Cafe, Solarium Bistro).  Internet. not so much.  Embark & debark were both very smooth.  
Only 1.5 days in but I’m enjoying Adventure a bit more.  I think I just prefer the smaller size and I’m definitely not a fan of the 4 night cruises, there’s really no chance to connect with bar servers, wait staff, etc.  

Will try to post updates, but so far the internet has not been great in this ship either.  
I can’t seem to tag Sunshine or DaniDaniele but hopefully they will see this:

Marietta, so sorry to read of your friend passing. May he RIP. 
Debbie & Eric - Hope you have a great cruise and your meds do the trick.  

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Great to see you & best of luck to you and your daughter.  I probably missed the fact your daughter had MS but glad she is doing better to lift your spirits and more importantly, to come visit you.

I was thinking of you the other night. I'm watching Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" in the opening scene of one of the episodes was filmed at our old stomping grounds,  Rockland Lake State Park. Once of the funniest scenes, he was driving the car - and old 1950's Porsche 356 roadster - down the sidewalk.  I wonder how much of the park they had to shutdown to film that 1 minute introduction

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Originally I wasn't even going to look at Sony as that was stretching my budget to the max. But after I asked the salesman if any of the TV's could be taken out of "Showroom Demo Mode" (or whatever it's called) so I could see what it would look like realistically, he said just with Sony. He must've seen the skeptical look on my face and quickly explained that Sony is so confident in their picture quality that it would still be just as good as other manufactures "Demo Mode" & none of the other manufactures are that confident.

I don't know if that's true but what I do know is true is that after a few minutes when my eyes adjusted to the dimmer or washed out pictures, they were still amazing. He played a variety of content for me so at least I was able to compare 5 different Sony TV's to each other.  Even the bottom of the line "value" (using the term loosely)  model was good with the next step up model  very, very good and still around $1,100.  From there, they do go up in $500 increments to get to QLED & OLED so now "budget creep" is setting it which is also very common for me.

Yes, the QLED & OLED are clearly better but are they $500-$600 better? Maybe, over a 10 year period that's only $50 more per year which is less than what I spend on beer at ONE (1) Ranger game.  I can justify anything in terms of beer. 🙂. Or I could down size to the 55 inch model, emphasizing quality over size.  FYI. my seating area will range from 8-10 feet away from the TV.

At the end, he did say Sony usually releases their new TV models in March so it's possible that the current models may drop in price later in March. No guarantee of course on price drop and availability.  Decisions, Decisions....

Assuming that the picture quality drop off isn't significant, I'd go for size over quality.  Whatever TV you end up buying, you will get used to it and won't have another better quality TV sitting next to it (like you do in a showroom) reminding you of the picture quality "sacrifices" that you made.  Any new, large TV will probably look great in your house.  But I can almost guarantee that a few months after the initial feeling that your new TV is HUGE, you'll start to wonder if you should have gone bigger.

Several times in my life, I've sacrificed something in the interest of saving a little money.  I often regret it later and wished that I had spent more initially.  If you can afford the extra $500-600, you won't later regret spending it.  You might regret NOT spending it though.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Great to see you & best of luck to you and your daughter.  I probably missed the fact your daughter had MS but glad she is doing better to lift your spirits and more importantly, to come visit you.

I was thinking of you the other night. I'm watching Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" in the opening scene of one of the episodes was filmed at our old stomping grounds,  Rockland Lake State Park. Once of the funniest scenes, he was driving the car - and old 1950's Porsche 356 roadster - down the sidewalk.  I wonder how much of the park they had to shutdown to film that 1 minute introduction

As a forever Seinfeld fan, I laughed just picturing the mayhem.  I'll have to check you tube for "Comedians..." if available.  Do the other Seinfeld cast ever make an appearance on that show?

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bonnie, Nice to hear from you. 😊

Sorry to hear about your Daughter's medical issues.  Sounds like her positivity is helping her stay strong.

Also sounds like you will be in good hands for your hernia procedure.  You've Got This❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Assuming that the picture quality drop off isn't significant, I'd go for size over quality.  Whatever TV you end up buying, you will get used to it and won't have another better quality TV sitting next to it (like you do in a showroom) reminding you of the picture quality "sacrifices" that you made.  Any new, large TV will probably look great in your house.  But I can almost guarantee that a few months after the initial feeling that your new TV is HUGE, you'll start to wonder if you should have gone bigger.

Several times in my life, I've sacrificed something in the interest of saving a little money.  I often regret it later and wished that I had spent more initially.  If you can afford the extra $500-600, you won't later regret spending it.  You might regret NOT spending it though.  

All excellent points and once again, thank you for all your input.  Sometimes it's hard to shake old habits even when I can afford to pay extra so a little push is always appreciated.👍

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

As a forever Seinfeld fan, I laughed just picturing the mayhem.  I'll have to check you tube for "Comedians..." if available.  Do the other Seinfeld cast ever make an appearance on that show?

I'm watching it on NetFlix. Very entertaining show. Still on the first season but Micheal Richards (Kramer) was in 1 episode & I believe  Julie Louise-Dreyfus (Elaine) is in an upcoming episode.   Each episode in 10-15 minutes long & it's really just Jerry and his guest hanging out having a conversation. Not your typical interview, talk show style. He's still just as witty as ever

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@A&L_Ont

Would you please post a link to your Oasis live review here, so we do not miss it? Love the pictures and reading you reviews. (Just saw your post on the Allure review from LMM)

Thanks.

If I don’t do a review I will post some photos here. If I do one it will go live late Friday.  I will post a link here. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hey Bonnie!  Thankful to see you posting.  I was thinking of you earlier today.   I am happy to read that your daughter likes to lift the spirits of those around her!  It shows she understands what is really important in life!  Let her know that hearing this lifts my spirits too!

Good luck with your umbilical hernia surgery.  Kenzie's sister just had this procedure earlier this week.  That is why Kenzie and Caden spent the night with us.  Kenzie's sister is still recovering but doing well.

• Like 10