Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks Jane.  I knew it was going to be hot and humid in Cartagena, and prepared for it by wearing a loose fitting, linen dress, but boy of boy!  Also going through the Canal, we would open our infinite veranda window to look down at the water levels, and the entire room steamed up, so we'd have to close the window, then open it again once the room cooled down, etc. Great experience going through the Canal, though!

I've got it on my to do list once I get moved. It would be easier from florida. 

It does sound exciting though. Lol I keep telling myself, nose to the grind stone, get thru this, then I can play. 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've got it on my to do list once I get moved. It would be easier from florida. 

It does sound exciting though. Lol I keep telling myself, nose to the grind stone, get thru this, then I can play. 

You're almost there, Jane!😉

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My god daughters mother died this afternoon from Leukemia.Her husband passed away and left her with a 5 year old daughter.

She remarried a few years later and the guy was a great step-father.He passed away about 10 years ago.My god daughter was devastated but not to the degree that she is today.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Lenny.

sympathy_sorry_for_your_loss_three_reflecting_candles.gif

Good morning.

It is light but cloudy and 39°F here in North East England at 06.39am.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and are safe and well.

Best wishes for everyone on here to have a wonderful day.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is light but cloudy and 39°F here in North East England at 06.39am.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and are safe and well.

Best wishes for everyone on here to have a wonderful day.

Expecting a sunny day in the low 50's here in PA.

Have a Great Day😊

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Aw, it almost looks like Eva is praying!

We had a great cruise, but boy, was it very hot and humid!!!  Phew!

Cartagena and Panama are always hot and soo humid.  Not somewhere I would want to live.

• Like 3

Maybe someone can help me....

Can anyone tell me how far apart Amber Cove and Taino Bay are in the Domenican Republic and which is the better place to dock? I've not been to the DR before and feel clueless right now.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Can anyone tell me how far apart Amber Cove and Taino Bay are in the Domenican Republic and which is the better place to dock? I've not been to the DR before and feel clueless right now.

Not a clue how far, but I think that Amber Cove is Carnival only (????). I put ??? because I could be confusing Amber Cove with Mahogany Bay in Roatan (sorry).

I have read a lot of good things about Taino Bay and would love to visit.

I also read sometime ago that the DR is in the works for getting 7 to 8 ports similar to Taino to bring more cruise ship business.

I have not been to DR yet, but Celebrity is adding it to a lot of sailings, so I hope to some day. Are you looking at any sailings?

@Sunshine3601

Hi Sis!

Can I ask which Embassy Suites in Tampa you stayed at before your cruise?
Looking out for hotels for our October cruise on the Serenade. We may stay over night or drive the day of...it is technically a 2 hrs drive from home, but the I-4 traffic is absolutely horrendous sometimes and we have missed a few events in Tampa due to that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm booked several times to Puerto plata,  DR. Both eastern 8 day adventure and 5 day explorer go there. 

I saw someone post they were going here instead of labadee.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm booked several times to Puerto plata,  DR. Both eastern 8 day adventure and 5 day explorer go there. 

I saw someone post they were going here instead of labadee.  

Do you know if you are docking at Amber Cove or Taino Bay?

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Sounds like Taino when I ask google. 

20240325_083914603.jpeg

20240325_084232239.jpeg

Thank you. I'm a bit concerned that RCI seems happy to take the less convenient docks just as they do in St. Thomas and Cozumel. If I book this it will be my first time at a new, for me, port in a while. I'm not used, any longer, to being clueless about a port of call!

• Like 3

Looks like Amber Cove is Carnival built.  No Royal ships scheduled there.

https://www.ambercove.com/Port-Schedule.aspx

Guessing that you're going to Taino Bay:

https://puertoplatacruiseport.com/

Edit: You can virtually walk through the Taino Bay shops and pool area.  Looks very nice, although definitely another man made area for cruise passengers.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/J9zbjsVmeffAefE1A

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like Amber Cove is Carnival built.  No Royal ships scheduled there.

https://www.ambercove.com/Port-Schedule.aspx

Guessing that you're going to Taino Bay:

https://puertoplatacruiseport.com/

Edit: You can virtually walk through the Taino Bay shops and pool area.  Looks very nice, although definitely another man made area for cruise passengers.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/J9zbjsVmeffAefE1A

Thanks for the info. I am hoping that it is Taino Bay as it is more conveniently located. I checked a couple of cruise schedule sites but they didn't seem to break out the two different terminals.

Question for any men who have had a prostate MRI. Does your head stick out from the tube or are you fully immersed? I need to get an MRI of my prostate but I am extremely claustrophobic. The last time I had an MRI I just about lost it. I’m trying to find out if my insurance will cover a MRI with sedation. If not I might be alright if my head is out of the tube and I have a sedative before hand. Curious if any one has had experience with this and can help me.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you. I'm a bit concerned that RCI seems happy to take the less convenient docks just as they do in St. Thomas and Cozumel. If I book this it will be my first time at a new, for me, port in a while. I'm not used, any longer, to being clueless about a port of call!

Based on the links posted by @firefly333 and @bobmacliberty and my own extensive (5 minutes) of  Google research, it looks like Taino Bay is the more convenient of the 2 port areas.  Once you get passed the man-made area, the city is right there within walking distance, although the few TripAdvisor reviews I briefly scanned do mention it's a bit industrial for the first few blocks.  In fact, most reviews concentrated on the immediate cruise port area, so it seems to be a bit like Falmouth, I guess.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks for the info. I am hoping that it is Taino Bay as it is more conveniently located. I checked a couple of cruise schedule sites but they didn't seem to break out the two different terminals.

There is a great review of another one, La Romana currently on the Carnival board. Page 6/7.

• Thanks 1

Posting this for a friend.

A lot of people are getting confused TAINO bay is for Royal Celebrity and MSC AMBER COVE is for Princess and Carnival.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Posting this for a friend.

A lot of people are getting confused TAINO bay is for Royal Celebrity and MSC AMBER COVE is for Princess and Carnival.

Thank your friend for me.🙂

• Like 1

First downtown miami bricknell address I've seen go under 400k. 380k. Dont see a water view but cheapest I've seen a 2 bedroom, 2 bath go. Some big price drops here. Good investment? Who knows long term. Prices sure down. Saw one in the 400s, but not under before this.

20240325_112331407.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3