Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Thank you for the well wishes for my husband. They are much appreciated.

Safe trip to @George C !  I’m jealous. Wish it were me going to NYC . My hairstylist leaves on June 10 th to visit her son , a retired NYPD sergeant. 

The Memorial Day sale is not a sale. Some prices have actually increased.

@lenquixote66 What is the name of the group you sing with ? 

My SIL plant bought a plant at a nursery and there were newborn bunnies in it. What to do ? 

The best thing would be to reunite the babies with mom.  If that is not possible keep them in a warm, quiet place until they can get to a rehabilitator asap.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The best thing would be to reunite the babies with mom.  If that is not possible keep them in a warm, quiet place until they can get to a rehabilitator asap.

Can they do ok with nothing to drink over night? Any advice for locating a rehab center?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NHProud said:

They live in Fargo so not sure what is available. I advised them to call the Humane Society and they told her  exactly what you recommend about taking it back to nursery . Mama might be gone .  They have fur but appear to be very young . I relayed your suggestion to them. 

Mother rabbits leave the babies alone for most of the day so that they don't lure predators to the nest

.  Baby bunnies are very hard to raise.  They need special formula and a very quiet environment.  If there isn't a facility for wildlife then they may be able to find a rehabber on book of faces.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Thank you for the well wishes for my husband. They are much appreciated.

Safe trip to @George C !  I’m jealous. Wish it were me going to NYC . My hairstylist leaves on June 10 th to visit her son , a retired NYPD sergeant. 

The Memorial Day sale is not a sale. Some prices have actually increased.

@lenquixote66 What is the name of the group you sing with ? 

My SIL plant bought a plant at a nursery and there were newborn bunnies in it. What to do ? 

All of the singers have Parkinson’s Disease.Two professional singers choose the songs .It is through the APDA.Several of the singers appeared on Broadway.However,the majority never sang before.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Can they do ok with nothing to drink over night? Any advice for locating a rehab center?

Yes it is better to not try to feed them since that can do more harm then good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am not finding any rehab places in Fargo.  They might try calling fish and wildlife who might know some mom and pop homes that rehab.  The best thing is to get them back to where they found them first thing in the morning.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, NHProud said:

They live in Fargo so not sure what is available. I advised them to call the Humane Society and they told her  exactly what you recommend about taking it back to nursery . Mama might be gone .  They have fur but appear to be very young . I relayed your suggestion to them. 

If they absolutely can not return or find a rehab place there are instructions online to feed baby bunnies.  I will warn you it isn't easy and there is a high rate of failure.  Having just one person feed them, keep them in a quiet place for them, don't change their bedding too often because they need to have their environment smell the same. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

If they absolutely can not return or find a rehab place there are instructions online to feed baby bunnies.  I will warn you it isn't easy and there is a high rate of failure.  Having just one person feed them, keep them in a quiet place for them, don't change their bedding too often because they need to have their environment smell the same. 

Thank you for your effort to save these bunnies. I’ve let them know what you advised.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

All of the singers have Parkinson’s Disease.Two professional singers choose the songs .It is through the APDA.Several of the singers appeared on Broadway.However,the majority never sang before.

I thought maybe it was Tremble Clefs 

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

For information to my friends on here.

July 4th will be a general election in the UK

That reminds me of an old grade school joke.

Teacher: "Do they have 4th of July in England?

Student: "Of course not!!"

Teacher: "Yes, they do. It comes right before 5th of July. They just don't celebrate it" 😊

Hopefully that won't get me sent to the Sin Bin. 😇

• Haha 11

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have to avoid this thread for awhile.  We are two weeks behind on Survivor because we were on a cruise.  We will hopefully watch those weeks tonight.  NHL and NBA playoffs have been the priority.  Now that the Bruins are out, there isn't a playoff game every night to watch and we can get back to reality tv. 😄 I was four episodes behind on American Idol and was trying to catchup without finding out the winner but that didn't work out.  DH turned Good Morning America on before he left for work on Monday and first thing I saw was an article about American Idol.  Oh well......

I'm still two episodes behind on Amazing Race & that ended last  week. So far, so good on avoiding who the winners are.

BTW, I meant to thank you for your Liberty review. It was exactly what I was looking for re: condition of the ship (creaky balcony, worn carpeting, etc). Being a light sleeper, balcony noise would definitely be intrusive.  Hopefully you'll get to see this when you return to this thread.

• Like 2

Good morning.

It is 11°C 52°F misty and damp but the heavy rain has stopped currently at 07.00am in North East England.

Advertisement on TV is Below Deck Caribbean is coming to our TVs soon.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy and y'all have an enjoyable day.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Good morning 4:56am. 

Why am I up when I do not have to be up. 

Frustrating 

Cool room. Warm bed. Snuggling cat. 

Eyes wide open. 

Guess I’ll get up. 

Trouble sleeping through the night is more and more common lately. 

5 hours, and not straight through is —- what it is. 

Be safe. 

• Like 7

Got home from our weekly trivia contest last night (we won 😁) and decided that I'd better watch the Survival final before going to bed.  Otherwise, I'd need to avoid this place (even though everyone is doing a good job of not giving away the results) and I'd still probably hear the results from somewhere else.  Too many people watch the show.  I was happy with the winner.  It's who I picked to win (along with the person who came in second) several weeks ago.

Q even messed up the jury question session. 🤣  I really don't think he knows what he does or says.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Got home from our weekly trivia contest last night (we won 😁) and decided that I'd better watch the Survival final before going to bed.  Otherwise, I'd need to avoid this place (even though everyone is doing a good job of not giving away the results) and I'd still probably hear the results from somewhere else.  Too many people watch the show.  I was happy with the winner.  It's who I picked to win (along with the person who came in second) several weeks ago.

Q even messed up the jury question session. 🤣  I really don't think he knows what he does or says.

You wouldn't hear the result from me, haven't a clue what everyone is talking about.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

Mother rabbits leave the babies alone for most of the day so that they don't lure predators to the nest

.  Baby bunnies are very hard to raise.  They need special formula and a very quiet environment.  If there isn't a facility for wildlife then they may be able to find a rehabber on book of faces.  

We found baby bunnies in an empty flower pot on our porch in our old home. It was a huge ceramic pot with some soil in it and I found something moving so looked and found these bundles of joy. We just let them be. Since I have not been a bunny mom before, I did not know if I should give them water or milk or food. The Mama bunny visited but hey were alone most of the time. Most of the day they were sleeping. then they started climbing out of the pot, but in the evening they were all back in and fast asleep. All left after a few days of giving me joy watching them. I was kind of sad when they left for good. We did not know what or if to feed them. I called our local animal hotline to ask and they said to not feed them as it would attract other things and not be in rhyme with their rehab into the wild(?).

Following year some other bunny family came back into the same flower pot. When we moved, the pot had to be emptied of soil, cleaned and given away 😌So no bunny nursery anymore.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

haven't a clue what everyone is talking about.

Me neither. Never followed the show after maybe watching the first few episodes - which probably goes back quite a few years by now. Also, even though I'm a musician, I have absolutely no interest in shows like "The Voice", "American Idol", and such. Actually can't think of a single tv show I watch at all with any degree of regularity, except for old Star Trek TNG re-runs, Twilight Zone (though I know most of those by memory at this point), Perry Mason (not my thing but DW likes it as well as Carol Burnett). I'd much rather watch stuff on PBS - Nature, Nova, etc. We have one channel that basically features older movies from the 30s to the 80s so often watch those. We don't get cable, so it's all whatever we can pull in on digital TV through our roof antenna (old school here..)

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 4

Royal Caribbean Cruise Planner Sales: Anyone seen anything worthwhile?
I am not seeing anything for dining or lunch as we have seen before for BF sales. We were able to get Coco Cay Club at $99 for one of our upcoming cruises in July and the price of it has also gone down to 154 from 178 for Bella 2 sailing. The new adults only beach has also some lower prices if anyone is interested in the DJ blaring music and adults acting like 12 year olds 😁 (just kidding).

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

IMG_5020.thumb.jpeg.4a4d026fd04530597f15782e30f8eee6.jpeg

In March 2017, I was on Anthem, and on formal night, there was a guy with the exact same shirt on, but without the gloves.  That wasn't you was it 😉

dp

• Haha 7