Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 6/4/2024 at 8:00 PM, Luckynana said:

Our youngest grandchild, William, was inducted into the Junior National Honor Society.

IMG_20240604_172731113.jpg

IMG_20240604_172731113.jpg

Congrats to your grandson.

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I never used to get it until 5 or 6 yrs ago I had it really bad from head to toe.  Now I seem to get it at least once a year.

That sucks. Sorry you have it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ATG said:

I have a question for our tech gurus or at least those who know what they are doing!

I have an iPhone 13.  I use it here every day, but next month we’re sailing from Southampton.  Flying into Heathrow we booked a car service. They want me to call after we get our luggage.  I’ve never used my phone to call when I am in a different country.  I’ve tried google, but I’m confused.  It seems like I need to dial +44 and their number.  Is that right?  My T Mobile has included international calls.  This will probably be the only actual call I make! The kids and I use texting most of the time with Skype calls.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/make-an-international-call

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

New visitor to our backyard. Baby does not look very old at all. What a beautiful creature. 
IMG_4581.thumb.jpeg.2ff9e060269950ad2460d6f9df84ca33.jpeg

So cute, love the spots.

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Finally! Tyler Joseph made his appearance at 4:45 pm today weighing in at 8 lbs 2 oz.  Mom and baby are doing great.  Tyler is my SIL’s middle name and Joseph has a long history in both families.  Maybe now I can start trying to keep up with this thread again!

IMG_9921.thumb.jpeg.4b0803d41f0241b9a20dc58bb63b4263.jpeg

Congrats on the new baby.

• Like 1

Good afternoon on D Day.

I hope everyone is safe and having a great day.

I took Pauline to the hairdresser's this morning then had my breakfast overlooking the North sea.

IMG_20240606_084339.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What would they be looking for?

Who knows, what those boys were looking for?   I did see them pull out a table and chair. 

I am sure they were told to take that back to the dumpster.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

2 hours ago, ATG said:

@reallyitsmema

Thanks!  I knew someone here would know this.

Note that there's a difference between making an international call from the USA to another country, and making a call WHILE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY.  

The link you want to use is the one at the end of the first paragraph:

Dialing international numbers can sometimes be trickier than remembering your parent's Wi-Fi password, but we're got you covered. Read below to find out all you need to know. If you're looking for detailed information on how to use your phone while in another country, check out our International roaming checklist.

7 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Note that there's a difference between making an international call from the USA to another country, and making a call WHILE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY.  

The link you want to use is the one at the end of the first paragraph:

Dialing international numbers can sometimes be trickier than remembering your parent's Wi-Fi password, but we're got you covered. Read below to find out all you need to know. If you're looking for detailed information on how to use your phone while in another country, check out our International roaming checklist.

I provided that link.  Not sure what is confusing you.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I provided that link.  Not sure what is confusing you.

I'm not confused.  Just pointing out that the link you provided has the steps to take to make a call from the USA to another country, which isn't the info needed in this instance.  @ATG will need to click on the link that was on the page that you linked. 

I was just cutting out the "middle man" page of unnecessary information and pointing out that just because you have "international calling" on your phone plan (when in the USA) doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to make a call when in another country.  

• Haha 1

I went to my Dentist for my semi annual check up.Although I am not in any pain the X-rays he took show that I have two fractured teeth under a bridge.He told me that the teeth need to be extracted and implants will be required.

He further said that it is imperative that this is addressed as soon as possible because it is possible that I could swallow a piece of broken tooth during my sleep causing damage to my intestines .

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ATG said:

I have a question for our tech gurus or at least those who know what they are doing!

I have an iPhone 13.  I use it here every day, but next month we’re sailing from Southampton.  Flying into Heathrow we booked a car service. They want me to call after we get our luggage.  I’ve never used my phone to call when I am in a different country.  I’ve tried google, but I’m confused.  It seems like I need to dial +44 and their number.  Is that right?  My T Mobile has included international calls.  This will probably be the only actual call I make! The kids and I use texting most of the time with Skype calls.

@brillohead pointed you in the right direction for making local calls while in a foreign country on T Mobile.  You will indeed first need to dial +44 to make the call.  In case it's not clear, you enter the + by pressing and holding the zero for a couple of seconds.  When you first touch the zero, you'll see the zero appear.  Keep pressing the zero (you'll hear the noise continuously) until the zero on the screen changes to a +.

Easy to practice this at home.  Just don't hit the button to actually make the call.  Hit the backspace button instead to clear the screen.

• Haha 1

Well the hits keep on coming. Bad enough still trying to rehab the knee, then deal with hernia, then needing periodontal work in a couple of weeks. Plus next week is my MRI to see if I have any prostate cancer.

Today I went for a skin cancer checkup. They did one biopsy on a piece by my forehead but they are concerned with a some spots starting to develop on my bald head. Turns out they want me to come back after our October cruise to get a topical chemotherapy cream to put on my head called  “Efudex.” The side effects sound horrible. Anyone have experience with this topical chemotherapy cream on their head? Thoughts and advice is greatly appreciated.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Well the hits keep on coming. Bad enough still trying to rehab the knee, then deal with hernia, then needing periodontal work in a couple of weeks. Plus next week is my MRI to see if I have any prostate cancer.

Today I went for a skin cancer checkup. They did one biopsy on a piece by my forehead but they are concerned with a some spots starting to develop on my bald head. Turns out they want me to come back after our October cruise to get a topical chemotherapy cream to put on my head called  “Efudex.” The side effects sound horrible. Anyone have experience with this topical chemotherapy cream on their head? Thoughts and advice is greatly appreciated.

@Sunshine3601 Debbie has used it. The doctor didn't offer it to me. I think a cream might be prefererable to excisions. ☺️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The brown spots on your head are going to turn red. I can always pick someone out who is using Efudex.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

@Sunshine3601 Debbie has used it. The doctor didn't offer it to me. I think a cream might be prefererable to excisions. ☺️

That’s what they said since I had several. 

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The brown spots on your head are going to turn red. I can always pick someone out who is using Efudex.

Will it be a permanent red spot? I read that it cause your scalp to redden and burn. I also read where it is toxic to pets and do not let pets lick your head which is what Charlie loves to do.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I went to my Dentist for my semi annual check up.Although I am not in any pain the X-rays he took show that I have two fractured teeth under a bridge.He told me that the teeth need to be extracted and implants will be required.

He further said that it is imperative that this is addressed as soon as possible because it is possible that I could swallow a piece of broken tooth during my sleep causing damage to my intestines .

Where are the teeth located? Is it imperative that they be replaced with implants? Can you go without the teeth? I wanted to get an implant for a first molar that had to come out and my dentist suggested leaving it alone. He said it’s to close to the sinus cavity and there could be problems if he put in an implant. I definitely don’t need any problems with my sinuses as much as I hate not having it.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry to hear about your head. Mike had to use a cream that seems to do about the same thing from what I just read. It says Fluorouracil “It works by killing fast-growing cells such as the abnormal cells in actinic keratoses and basal cell carcinoma.” Efudex says “This medication is used on the skin to treat pre-cancerous and cancerous skin growths. Fluorouracil belongs to a class of medications known as anti-metabolites. It works by blocking the growth of abnormal cells that cause the skin condition.” Sounds like the same thing to me, but I’m sure @Ocean Boy would know more. I just got this medical knowledge from Mr. Google. 😆

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry to hear about your head. Mike had to use a cream that seems to do about the same thing from what I just read. It says Fluorouracil “It works by killing fast-growing cells such as the abnormal cells in actinic keratoses and basal cell carcinoma.” Efudex says “This medication is used on the skin to treat pre-cancerous and cancerous skin growths. Fluorouracil belongs to a class of medications known as anti-metabolites. It works by blocking the growth of abnormal cells that cause the skin condition.” Sounds like the same thing to me, but my sure @Ocean Boy would know more. I just got this medical knowledge from Mr. Google. 😆

Thanks Renee apparently they are the same drug. Did Mike have any issues with it?

• Like 1