Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I hope everyone is enjoying their Father's Day.     Eric has been enjoying a day of R & R at the beach.     Chris and Donna came down late last night (Donna had to work yesterday).    I made everyone omelets and scrabbled eggs for breakfast then a nice bike ride before heading to the beach.    Ocean is quite chilly 65F (common this time of year) but the weather was Perfect.   

We had an early dinner at Polly's Dock / Clam house  https://pollysdock.square.site/menu-sheet

We all enjoyed the Clam bake, oyster rockefeller and pan seared oysters.  Then walked a block for Key Lime Pie at the Holiday Snack bar.   Now enjoying a pitcher of Mojitos on the deck and will head up to the rooftop deck for the sunset.

.Overall a Perfect Father's Day (per Eric)

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

That's awful, Greg.  How dare he smirk at you! 

I almost left our new PA when we moved here 7 years ago.  I asked her if she thought I had a little impetigo just inside my nose, and she answered with a "So, now you are diagnosing yourself, Maryann?" 🤬 It just so happened that I had a dermatology appointment the next day, and sure enough, I did have impetigo. (Our daughter had impetigo as a baby, so I pretty much knew what that looked like) 

I am definitely not in the medical profession to say for sure but I imagine that Doctors, PAs and Nurses hear all the time of patients self-diagnosing themselves or telling them what type of prescription they need based on a TV advertisement or the internet.   That cannot make their jobs any easier but at the same time they need to listen to their patients and offer some compassion 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

.Re 86 St ,do you remember Lenny and John’s Pizzeria ? One of the owners was marred to one of my co-workers.

No, I had never been there.  I'm glad you had a nice Father's Day this morning, Lenny.😊

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I hope those that celebrate had a great Father’s Day. We took a couple cars to the local Porsche dealership for coffee and cars this morning. We spent the afternoon relaxing and watching the Jays game, and we are leaving shortly for Owen’s ball game at 8:30. 

A nice little haul for Father’s Day.  Batteries are charging for the Go Pro and a slice of pie might be missing. 😀

IMG_5764.thumb.jpeg.d7d6ac429c2364282cd2d574c8bf6dae.jpeg

It sounds like a great way to spend your Father's Day, Andrew!  Nice stash you've got there.  Good luck to Owen at tonight's game!  BTW, is school over for Owen?

17 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Happy Father’s day 😃🍻

Sipping a bit of Frey Ranch Straight Bourbon.  Big fan of this stuff!  

IMG_3380.thumb.jpeg.d539126900ad8f2f84bd9c14d37d7b63.jpeg

Beautiful photos with the flowers in the background.   We are not bourbon drinkers but looks good!

• Thanks 1

Out for a different Father’s Day meal today.  Our son wanted ramen, so we went out to a Japanese restaurant that specializes in ramen dishes.  The chef has several of these in Tokyo and the Bay Area.  

IMG_1331.thumb.jpeg.570b457b0706a6e8cc873053a058df04.jpeg

This was mine.  It was a special, and I don’t recall the name, but it just said Spicy in large letters. 

IMG_1333.thumb.jpeg.4780966608ebd247335180942b990487.jpeg

Not so spicy that you break out in a sweat, but it was good and too filling.  

• Like 8

Susan and I went out for a long walk, to walk off some of that lunch. 

Saw this while we were out.  I guess if you have some clean air, they have a place for you to park it. 

IMG_1336.thumb.jpeg.217e6abac01bcc3234846f7b63bdd36b.jpeg

Also found a heron by the lake we walked to. 

IMG_1337.thumb.jpeg.900623b7b6349e1e74ee0ec2a5de77d3.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

How is your knee doing? Still having a lot of pain?

It is doing ok but it’s not there yet. Still need to increase my range of motion and it still aches from a nerve standpoint but is slowly improving. My other knee took over a year before I felt good and I’m only 8 months out.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am definitely not in the medical profession to say for sure but I imagine that Doctors, PAs and Nurses hear all the time of patients self-diagnosing themselves or telling them what type of prescription they need based on a TV advertisement or the internet.   That cannot make their jobs any easier but at the same time they need to listen to their patients and offer some compassion 

That's funny. I don't put up with it. When Bill had a painful rash on his hip, I said call the doctor first thing and see if you can get acyclovir, you have Shingles. The doctor said your wife is a good diagnostician. 

If I know what it is, I am going to say or suggest what it is. I don't have a medical degree, but I do have a degree in biology, so I am not totally naive about human processes. ☺️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Did something fun for Father’s Day. We went and attended a tasting with the Forbidden Rum Club a monthly tasting hosted by an outdoor Tiki Bar here in town. Each Month they have a tasting of a unique rum and a cocktail. The presentation was wonderful full of information, history and humor of the month’s featured rum. Today was a Brazilian rum called Novo Fogo, a Cachaca rum used in Caipirinha’s.

IMG_4619.thumb.jpeg.002b6b74ec5a647a9dacc361d0a33899.jpeg

Also besides tasting the spirit was an original cocktail made using this rum and printed out on a card you can keep and collect.

IMG_4615.thumb.jpeg.744f1a8cec8145beb1fcb366fab9b82f.jpeg

IMG_4616.thumb.jpeg.5dd8967416aee5815230b58eccd7475a.jpeg

IMG_4618.thumb.jpeg.62fb02e44ef441624584b9ed32c4d6c1.jpeg

We had a good time and the cocktail was excellent. A great way to spend this special day. Unfortunately Jonathan had to work but he is taking me out for sushi tomorrow which I will love.

IMG_4617.thumb.jpeg.15f5f5117f5e39560926408ff3787055.jpeg

Cheers!.

• Like 23

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, "that procedure" is the first step in having a prostate biopsy.

It was pretty crazy.  I got hit in the back during football practice and started feeling a lot of pain.  Coach sent me to the locker room and my pee was blood red....literally.  Went to the hospital and I can remember laying on the X-ray table and a nurse came in and turned me over, asking if I had ever had surgery.  Whatever they did showed only one kidney.  The "procedure" and a few other tests showed that I didn't even have a ureter or any kind of undeveloped kidney, just had the one.  The one I have is about 50% larger than normal, so obviously compensated throughout my life.  Have never had any issues, but it was obviously the end of my football "career".

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Happy Father’s day 😃🍻

Sipping a bit of Frey Ranch Straight Bourbon.  Big fan of this stuff!  

IMG_3380.thumb.jpeg.d539126900ad8f2f84bd9c14d37d7b63.jpeg

Oh wow, I've heard fantastic things about Frey Ranch.  I can't find it in the Seattle area but am always on the lookout for a trip to the Reno area to take a tour of the distillery.

• Like 1

Went to our favorite restaurant again today ( normally closed on Sunday) listen to some great Sinatra music , ordered a Johnny Walker Gold which they stocked just for me, they hid the bottle until I had the first drink , wasn’t cheap but reasonable for a really good scotch . Wife had prime rib , I had filet mignon, washed it down with a bottle of Jordan Cabernet, then finished with a Hennessy cognac. 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Oh wow, I've heard fantastic things about Frey Ranch.  I can't find it in the Seattle area but am always on the lookout for a trip to the Reno area to take a tour of the distillery.

I was able to get get an order in directly from the distillery.  Actually a father’s day deal.  got the bundle …Straight and Uncut with a hat in a bundle shipped to me.  I’m sure the state of PA wouldn’t be too happy, but it went through. 🤪

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

It is doing ok but it’s not there yet. Still need to increase my range of motion and it still aches from a nerve standpoint but is slowly improving. My other knee took over a year before I felt good and I’m only 8 months out.

Glad to hear it’s improving.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

I had a liver biopsy without anesthesia when I was in my early 20's.  I remember thinking I knew what it must've felt like to get shot.

That gives me chills just to think about that.

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

It sounds like a great way to spend your Father's Day, Andrew!  Nice stash you've got there.  Good luck to Owen at tonight's game!  BTW, is school over for Owen?

They won their game 8-7. As for school Owen is done a week Tuesday. He is counting the days. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sue and Graham, are you particular about the taste of water for tea? For example, does water from south London taste any different than from central?

There are definitely hard and soft water areas. Though I'm not really a connoisseur.  I  am quite fixed with my hot drinks.  Cup of tea first thing, two cups of coffee with breakfast, and then just a herb tea at night. Maybe a hot chocolate mid afternoon if it's cold 🥶 

Today finally it looks like summers here, the next couple of weeks are looking sunny and warm.  

• Like 9