Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't think I would want to do any biopsy without anesthesia. The whole thing sounds horrible.

A couple of times when I would tell hime something he would smirk like what I was telling him wasn't true or he looked down on me. I am pretty good at reading people. Something about hime doesn't seem right. 

Wow Greg.

Trusting your doctor is so important and I certainly don't like the sound of your doctor.

I respect our doctor's and our NHS doctors always show courtesy towards me.

• Like 4

I had a good fathers day... I'm up in Oregon for an extended trip so not near my daughter but she didn't forget about me... She knows what I'm about 🙂 

Screenshot2024-06-16at8_21.19AMcopy.thumb.png.4a2412d5a6602b63d98429d315e491b7.png

We drove over to Wilsonville and had a great lunch with a few couples that I'm working with up here.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I had a good fathers day... I'm up in Oregon for an extended trip so not near my daughter but she didn't forget about me... She knows what I'm about 🙂 

Screenshot2024-06-16at8_21.19AMcopy.thumb.png.4a2412d5a6602b63d98429d315e491b7.png

We drove over to Wilsonville and had a great lunch with a few couples that I'm working with up here.

Very nice, and useful, gift!

• Like 3

For the past 4 years, some friends and I, 5 in total, have been texting every single morning, just to say good morning and let us all know what's going on in our lives that day.  More importantly, to keep the closeness we shared when we lived in the same complex for 2 years.  Four years ago, we all moved to different locations, 3 here in TX, one in South Carolina, one in Ohio and vowed to keep in touch daily.  

I wanted to share one of this morning's message with all of you:

image.thumb.png.bda976809f8c6f5b42f6f8542500bb84.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

A couple of times when I would tell hime something he would smirk like what I was telling him wasn't true or he looked down on me. I am pretty good at reading people. Something about hime doesn't seem right. 

I would have Linda accompany you and see if she gets the same impression. I had a wrong impression of my hubby’s eye surgeon. I thought , she was dismissive but on our second meeting she was warm and friendly. They are busy so maybe that was it .  

I had a difference of opinion with the chief of urology at my hospital. We went back and forth until he finally asked me where I received my medical degree.  I watch lots of medical shows and I read a lot . Does that count ? He laughed . 

Really speak up ! 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I would have Linda accompany you and see if she gets the same impression. I had a wrong impression of my hubby’s eye surgeon. I thought , she was dismissive but on our second meeting she was warm and friendly. They are busy so maybe that was it .  

I had a difference of opinion with the chief of urology at my hospital. We went back and forth until he finally asked me where I received my medical degree.  I watch lots of medical shows and I read a lot . Does that count ? He laughed . 

Really speak up ! 

Linda was with me when he did the smirk but did not see it. She will come to the next one and pay more attention to see if she gets the same feeling as I do. Thanks for your thoughts.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

For the past 4 years, some friends and I, 5 in total, have been texting every single morning, just to say good morning and let us all know what's going on in our lives that day. 

I have been doing something similar for the past 9 years, but it was a group brought together through fitness.  

There is a group of 9 of us that started out with Fitbit, texting every day and offering encouragement on everyone’s fitness journey.  

When Fitbit got taken over by the Evil Empire, we all moved to a different platform, and continue to talk every day.  Think of it as a kind of small Dani’s thread, where we have shared what is going on with everyone’s families and lives.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NHProud said:

Really speak up ! 

I think it also depends a lot on the patient.  I don't need warm and fuzzy from my doctors.  I want straightforward and factual.  To me, that signals that the doctor is technically competent.  That's my engineering personality though.  While I think everyone should be like me, I know that most people aren't. 😁  No matter the patient's personality though, a doctor should never dismiss a patient's concerns/questions.  Immediate red flag if that happens.  A doctor also needs to be able to keep a straight face when I say that I only have one drink a day. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

For anyone who was a fan of the Actor,Comeian,Writer ,Director Gene Wilder there is a wonderful Documentary currently on Netflix.titled Remembering Gene Wilder.I watched it earlier today and highly recommend it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have been doing something similar for the past 9 years, but it was a group brought together through fitness.  

There is a group of 9 of us that started out with Fitbit, texting every day and offering encouragement on everyone’s fitness journey.  

When Fitbit got taken over by the Evil Empire, we all moved to a different platform, and continue to talk every day.  Think of it as a kind of small Dani’s thread, where we have shared what is going on with everyone’s families and lives.  

Sounds like you have a great group.

We moved to TX from NY 20 years ago.  I still cannot bring myself to say "y'all". To this day, my NY friends and I never email or text.  We call each other to talk in real time.  Those phone calls usually last 1+ hours.  I call them the friends of my heart.

• Like 12

It made me happy to see the Princess of Wales looking so stunning and impeccable in recent pictures.  I wish her well as she continues her cancer treatments.

I once had a primary care doctor, who while talking to me, hardly ever looked up from reading my chart.  I had been a patient for 2 years. At one point he called me "Susan" and I figured it was about time to search for a new doctor.  

• Like 8

21 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Someone enjoyed the movie!IMG_9621.thumb.jpeg.218f9f6a3fc3e530fc501bdf0c18b6ed.jpeg

We took our grandson to see this movie this morning.   He enjoyed it also, but didn’t want me to take his picture by the poster. 

• Like 5

IMG_4623.thumb.jpeg.1a2de1b3dc48e3e98f93fd7be57729b1.jpeg

Honored and excited that a cocktail I created was chosen to be in a competition. Matt Marble of Spike’s Breezeway YouTube channel which is about everything Tiki and Tiki cocktails is having a cocktail creation contest using his blend of rums with Ed Hamilton. Ed Hamilton is one of the premiere companies that blend rums for use in tiki cocktails. The Breezeway blend is a blend of light rums that makes for an incredible daiquiri. I submitted this recipe and on Tuesday night he going to make it live on YouTube with two other cocktails and judge a winner of the round. The winner will go against the other round winners and the overall winner will have their recipe printed on the back of the bottle. I think it’s a long shot for me to win but the fact that my recipe was chosen out of over 400 recipes to be judged is exciting. I present to you the “Sea Dog Breeze.”

IMG_4624.thumb.jpeg.4b92cfcbc20d304c5d026f2c0cc27881.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We took our grandson to see this movie this morning.   He enjoyed it also, but didn’t want me to take his picture by the poster. 

She loves to be photographed! She is nothing like her mom who hates attention😊

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Honored and excited that a cocktail I created was chosen to be in a competition. Matt Marble of Spike’s Breezeway YouTube channel which is about everything Tiki and Tiki cocktails is having a cocktail creation contest using his blend of rums with Ed Hamilton. Ed Hamilton is one of the premiere companies that blend rums for use in tiki cocktails. The Breezeway blend is a blend of light rums that makes for an incredible daiquiri. I submitted this recipe and on Tuesday night he going to make it live on YouTube with two other cocktails and judge a winner of the round. The winner will go against the other round winners and the overall winner will have their recipe printed on the back of the bottle. I think it’s a long shot for me to win but the fact that my recipe was chosen out of over 400 recipes to be judged is exciting. I present to you the “Sea Dog Breeze.”

That’s great, Greg.  Congratulations! 🍹

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You’re going to be famous!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sounds great!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

This is pretty darn cool. Congratulations Greg 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations! You would have a lot to discuss with my DH, he has developed a taste for bourbon after 50 years of never drinking!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MancGirl21 said:

Congratulations! You would have a lot to discuss with my DH, he has developed a taste for bourbon after 50 years of never drinking!

Love to talk to him I never drank the stuff until probably 15 years ago. I was always a beer drinker. Now I drink less, enjoy more and don’t have a beer belly.

• Like 8

I feel like in living in a nightmare and just never can wake up from it and life goes on as normal.

The bed I bought isnt right, I need some kind of pillow top. I called. One bed still hasnt been touched. I asked if I could upgrade or pay the difference. The owner is on vacation this week. By last  night I'm walking like a cripple. So I put my 4 inch topper on the bed and wake up and can stretch and move first time in a week. I assumed it was unpacking but it's the mattress. I'm willing to eat the motion, its not me. Bending me in half like a pretzel just makes my back hurt more. Ok whatever, but I called to ask if I can upgrade to a pillow top or different mattress and in a week he will call back. If I cant i guess i go back to using my 4 inch foam topper. Its ugly but i cant have my back so i cant walk. I made a mistake. Laying on a bed in the showroom is different than sleeping on it.

Selling my house in dallas. We extended the closing date to june 15. Title co said last friday or today. Friday she says we cant close because she doesnt have a paper with proof of insurance. Buyer kept saying nothing he can do. So this morning they sent a notary to my house. News to me but said texas if the buyer is getting a loan has to be a notary. Its lucky it's not a florida sale, Florida requires 2 notarys be present. I wait and I wait. Finally call about 4 pm. She doesnt have the insurance paper. Lender wouldn't fund. I told the buyer tonight to get on the phone and get this fixed. Hes saying lender and insurance same co. I don't care, it's your loan, call and get this fixed. He just called back and says its title company's fault. She wrote out a paper saying he could read and understand English. He signed it. It had to be a paper he wrote out and copied in his handwriting what the letter said.

He says will be taken care of in the morning. Its title company's fault, not his. And why did I leave everything in the garage. I clearly told him I was leaving everything in the garage. In fact I told bil I'd leave her the compressor to air her tires. I sent my bil over on sunday to look and he took some stuff he wanted. Some shelves used to be in the kitchen nice. I gutted the kitchen and added a whole wall of cabinets. We put the shelves out in the garage and he took some other stuff he wanted. My dad's saws were out there and he went back and made another trip. I thought buyer might be upset we took stuff after I said I'm leaving everything in the garage. My condo has a carport. I asked bil to not take things like hedge clippers and gloves and leave all that stuff. My hedges grow like crazy. When he was on the phone about how this wasnt his fault, its Michelle at title company fault he ranted why you leave everything in the garage. I told him I'm leaving everything in the garage quite clearly. His gf wants to turn it into a she shed. Idk about the extra power, personally I'd worry the electric panel isnt set to do additional power for the extra space and it's not safe to not park in the garage. Hails there. I'm sure bonnie can attest we get hail in dallas. And people steal. But I told him I'm leaving everything in the garage and not moving it. 

I've never heard of having to hand write out a piece of paper saying he speaks and understands English and writes English. Hes vietnamese.  Since friday we I've been away closing is held up over proof of insurance. I say to title company if I knew there was still a funding problem I wouldn't have signed. ..her reply .. to me doesnt make sense. He picked the title co. 

"

They are waiting for the insurance company to send the declaration page over to the Lender.

If he dens ‘have insurance, we would not be signing today."

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2