Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline has taken on a new hobby...she has turned our backyard into a Monarch butterfly factory.  She first bought some milkweed.  The butterflies laid their eggs and then the resulting caterpillars devoured the milkweed in a matter of what seemed like minutes.  The Very Hungry Caterpillar makes more sense to me now. 😁

Next step...get more milkweed.  That resulted in even more caterpillars, which turned into many chrysalises.  Unfortunately, these guys that are everywhere around here had their way with both the caterpillars and the chrysalises.

IMG_1339.thumb.jpg.9d73c89fd4aad2f7c882a978609a3596.jpg

Step 3 was to order a butterfly habitat...a fine mesh cage that can keep the geckos out.  Once the eggs are laid on a milkweed plant and the caterpillars start to emerge, you put the plant into the cage.  For the next few days, replenish the milkweed (did I say these guys are hungry?) and remove the droppings.  The caterpillars eventually climb to the top of the habitat and form the chrysalis, attached to the top.  

IMG_1337.thumb.jpg.300bb7ea5ece9d7fd265a8e5cb18cd96.jpg

IMG_1338.thumb.jpg.114f8bad610bf9214c7a9846fe51694a.jpg

The chrysalises may be hard to see in the second photo but there are about a dozen of them hanging.  We should start to see butterflies in about a week.  I'll let you know how it goes.

This looks like it would be a fun thing to do with kids/grandkids.

Found a little lizard on bottom of my pool a couple of hours ago apparently he can’t swim . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2024 at 10:13 PM, MJSailors said:

@Luckynana I did not know about Vermont Seasoning. Where can I purchase it?

The coffee served at the Dorset Inn was so delicious!

The brand is The Vermont Coffee Company and I did see it offered on Amazon. A bit pricey, but worth it for an occasional treat.

On the topic of fresh tomatoes-our local farms provide delicious tomatoes at the end of July into August and into the Fall.

There is nothing better than a fresh tomato and mayo sandwich.

We look forward to enjoying that treat every Summer.

I can’t bring myself to buy supermarket tomatoes after enjoying the fresh ones.

If I need tomatoes for a salad in the colder months, I buy cherry tomatoes.

If possible, support your local farmers by buying their produce from markets and farm stands. They work very hard to bring delicious fruits and vegetables to people to enjoy.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

My last job was for an Advertising Promotions Company .Although we primarily represented Medical Doctors we also represented The  Vermont Coffee Company.

• Like 4

Tomorrow is my youngest daughters wedding anniversary .She and her husband will be married 12 years.Monday is the wedding anniversary of my oldest daughter and her husband . They will be married 27 years

We will be celebrating both anniversaries and my granddaughters birthday next Saturday.

Toby and I have been dog sitting the past few days and our granddog Beukie will be here till Tuesday.In August he will be here for two weeks while his 2 legged family members will be on their first cruise in several years.

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, George C said:

Found a little lizard on bottom of my pool a couple of hours ago apparently he can’t swim . 

I've seen the ones by us swim.  I don't think it's their first choice but with no other obvious escape route, they will jump in the pool.  It's interesting that they seem very territorial.  We have what looks like the same gecko hanging out by our patio furniture and two more by two corners of the pool.  They look like the same one each time.  Same with our mailbox.  If the mailbox door isn't fully closed, we can get a surprise when checking for the mail. We were a little freaked out when we first moved here but now, they're just always there in the background, not bothering anyone.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

How did you like Breeze compared to Jet Blue or others you have flown to Orlando?

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, I'd ike the answer to this question, too. Feel free to throw Southwest into the mix also.

@Momof3gurlz

Add me to the list as well. For my upcoming flight to MCO, I had a choice of JetBlue or Breeze as Delta & United were too expensive. I seriously considered Breeze which was a bit cheaper but  in the end, choose JetBlue. I used to be a big fan of JetBlue so for the extra $30 or $40, I decided to go with the known product.

Curiously, Southwest does not offer non-stop flights from the New York area to MCO.

This morning we said goodbye to our sweet kitty Marcel.  He brought us happiness for 17 years, along with his buddy, the late great Miss Priss. It was sad to see him go, but he was not doing well and we did not want to see him suffer any more.  He was a big Maine Coon, 15 pounds until a couple of years ago.  He was very strong and a good jumper.  He followed us around the house and liked to lay on our laps.  He and Miss Priss are together again now.  

IMG_2863.thumb.JPG.300ddfedcab5836fa3a191e49842cb44.JPG

marceljump_NEW.thumb.jpg.0420faa80ab92b586abffbf348b878f0.jpg

IMG_8402.thumb.JPG.fcde09a8cf9c718890a00f02976eaed9.JPG

• Like 30

1 minute ago, derorim said:

This morning we said goodbye to our sweet kitty Marcel.  He brought us happiness for 17 years, along with his buddy, the late great Miss Priss. It was sad to see him go, but he was not doing well and we did not want to see him suffer any more.  He was a big Maine Coon, 15 pounds until a couple of years ago.  He was very strong and a good jumper.  He followed us around the house and liked to lay on our laps.  He and Miss Priss are together again now.  

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Marcel. 😌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, derorim said:

Very sorry for your loss we went thru the same thing 6 months ago , just started to look at kittens last week definitely want two 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

@Momof3gurlz

Add me to the list as well. For my upcoming flight to MCO, I had a choice of JetBlue or Breeze as Delta & United were too expensive. I seriously considered Breeze which was a bit cheaper but  in the end, choose JetBlue. I used to be a big fan of JetBlue so for the extra $30 or $40, I decided to go with the known product.

Curiously, Southwest does not offer non-stop flights from the New York area to MCO.

Southwest is using Baltimore as a hub. Now most all of their flights from Providence to Florida stop there. I intensely dislike this scheduling.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, derorim said:

I'm really sorry...

FB_IMG_1716227874247.thumb.jpg.3ecf3967b7723d30dbb364915f7d912e.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have been reading stories here about the long TSA wait times at Pittsburgh airport.  Many people missing flights.   It is probably a combination of the airport construction project, understaffing, and start of the summer travel season.

IMG_7115.thumb.jpeg.083d8f0c2ea97456b3a01dcc1042351c.jpeg

Are any other airports seeing long wait times?

We flew into and out of Seattle back in May and because of airport construction it was absolute chaos.  Seattle is one of the worst airports for TSA screening at the best of times.  With this construction the line was massive.  A couple who were at the same conference we were at arrived at the airport 2 hours early and ended up missing their flight.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, derorim said:

So sorry to here this.  I am sure they are together.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, derorim said:

So sorry, faithful companions are always so hard to get over.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Southwest is using Baltimore as a hub. Now most all of their flights from Providence to Florida stop there. I intensely dislike this scheduling.

I'm not really loyal to one airline. I use Southwest from time to time although they are not my first choice.  We have taken to using them because they have pretty good connections out of Ontario, CA. However, that means I almost always have to connect in Las Vegas.  I despise Las Vegas Airport.  It seems that, almost constantly, I have to walk from one terminal to the another for the connection and the walk is so long.  Also, it seems flights are constantly delayed.  

My preference is Delta or Alaska.  I'll use American from time to time if the price/schedule is substantially improved.  I wouldn't fly on United for free.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

How did you like Breeze compared to Jet Blue or others you have flown to Orlando?

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, I'd ike the answer to this question, too. Feel free to throw Southwest into the mix also.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@Momof3gurlz

We had a very good first experience with them this trip.  I’m an anxious flyer so sitting next to Andy is non negotiable. I’m also more comfortable with a window seat and a non-stop flight.  I’m therefore not a fan of Southwest’s cattle call boarding and lack of non stops. I will gladly pay more to get these features, which both Jet Blue and Breeze offer. The downside is they have limited flights from PVD. I like that Breeze flies planes with a 3/2 configuration in economy so choosing seats on the “2” side gives me a window seat and Andy an aisle seat (instead of being stuck in the middle).   I wouldn’t hesitate to book with them again.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've seen the ones by us swim.  I don't think it's their first choice but with no other obvious escape route, they will jump in the pool.  It's interesting that they seem very territorial.  We have what looks like the same gecko hanging out by our patio furniture and two more by two corners of the pool.  They look like the same one each time.  Same with our mailbox.  If the mailbox door isn't fully closed, we can get a surprise when checking for the mail. We were a little freaked out when we first moved here but now, they're just always there in the background, not bothering anyone.

Our cats were totally indoor but liked to hunt bugs in the garage when it wasn’t a hundred degrees, my one at got sick and I could  see half of a gecko when cleaning it up . 

We have flown nothing but first for a decade or so being 6’4” with bad knees . Next flight is Denver visiting my sister and her children and grown grandchildren, my brother is also flying there so nice family get together. Helps having no mortgage and totally debt free.

Edited by George C
  • Like 5