Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

As I pulled into my driveway, I heard a quiet meow from the back seat. Back up the hill and carrying the cat from door to door to find his owners. 😀 They were happy to have him back, but almost acted as though I had tried to steal him. 

A cat we had as kids was like that! We told people to check their back seats, because Snowflake liked to curl up in the heat. They often forgot, and we had lots of return visits.

I am cooking my turkey today. My oldest son and his German Shepherd are on route to Regina, my brother is here and we are looking forward to being together!

Really, the best part is tomorrow- leftover turkey is great!

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

A cat we had as kids was like that! We told people to check their back seats, because Snowflake liked to curl up in the heat. They often forgot, and we had lots of return visits.

I am cooking my turkey today. My oldest son and his German Shepherd are on route to Regina, my brother is here and we are looking forward to being together!

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian freinds on CC.    

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Happy to say we have heard from all family and friends with homes in Florida.   All our safe and sound.   

Eric's cousins in Clearwater had some minor damage on exterior of their home from winds, but still no power.     Our good friends in Clearwater had no damage to their home but said their community had lots of flooding and damage.    They have been without power since Wednesday night but do have a small generator for fridge, lights, etc.   Finding gas for generator has been a challenge.   They are both being told power should be back on by Tuesday or Wednesday.    

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Never been a fan of tattoos but if I was I would have a Kraken too.

I know you mentioned YouTube tv, if you do a search on rock and romance, you can see some of the great live performances on our music cruises including America, Todd Rundgren etc , love the video from March with Don McLean doing American Pie . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

Does Thor get to have leftovers? 😉

Happy Thanksgiving Day of all my Canuck (can I use that word?) friends in the Great White North, Land of Maple Syrup🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2024 at 11:25 PM, George C said:

I already said we are redoing on of our three bathrooms ( I still don’t understand why) it is only used maybe a couple of weeks out of the year, our master bedroom was done a decade ago , we removed the tub for a huge double shower, wondering what your thoughts are , I am insisting we still have one bathroom with a tub for resale, third bathroom just has a shower. 

A bathtub is also useful in the hurricane zones. Fill it with water before the storm. It's one thing to not have electricity but not being able to flush is another thing thing entirely. Low tech but it works!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

Hadn't heard of that..looks interesting.

Tourtière is a traditional French Canadian dish served around Christmas. 

I just looked up the recipe for gorton and it calls for 2 lbs pork fat.  Wow , not the healthiest thing . I used to think it was delicious.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

A bathtub is also useful in the hurricane zones. Fill it with water before the storm. It's one thing to not have electricity but not being able to flush is another thing thing entirely. Low tech but it works!!

I have a 10k plus gallon pool 😁😁😁

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Tourtière is a traditional French Canadian dish served around Christmas. 

I just looked up the recipe for gorton and it calls for 2 lbs pork fat.  Wow , not the healthiest thing . I used to think it was delicious.

Tourtiere I'm very familiar with and we make it a few times a year the gorton spread I had not heard of.  Definitely not the healthiest but this is where everything in moderation would come into play.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, George C said:

I have a 10k plus gallon pool 😁😁😁

During hurricane Andrew as we living in a single level house that was our solution. Now living on the 15th floor of a condo that would not really work for me. Buckets of water are heavy and if power is out that is a long way to walk upstairs. We have only lost power here once and that was for Wilma in 2005,(when we were not told to evacuate) but I like to be prepared. DH laughs at me when I made my thermos of coffee, he wouldn't be laughing in the morning if no power and no coffee,

• Like 13

Currently in the coaches lounge above the end zone at Bowling Green State University. 

Why?

Well the 3:30 game start delayed due to lightning. 
General seating is packed in the concessions/ restrooms area under the stadium. 

We have to settle for appetizers/ cocktails and big screen tvs watching college games. 

IMG_2154.thumb.jpeg.cce8832b7e210a93af0fc6427cf429e4.jpeg

IMG_2155.thumb.jpeg.00296d9f1131da4af38551cc286ec0e7.jpeg

Getting ready to send team out again. 

GO FALCONS. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, George C said:

I know you mentioned YouTube tv, if you do a search on rock and romance, you can see some of the great live performances on our music cruises including America, Todd Rundgren etc , love the video from March with Don McLean doing American Pie . 

Thanks I will definitely check that out.

• Like 2