Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

57 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Congratulations on such an important milestone, Mimi & Dick. Please keep going 🌺

+1

😢 + 5

+1 💐

+ 3 

Though I was more even more "conservative".... 10 years old 😉

I was the first of my close friends to get married.I was 23.One of my friends waited till age 66 to get married.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Ha! I was practically an old maid for those times…I was 25. And yes, that makes me 85 now. 
My outside looks a little better than the inside, held together with string and chewing gum!

Wow! you look exceptional.  I would never believe it!  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, island lady said:

OK...doing the happy dance!!  Whoooo...hooo!  

Finally got confirmation of the switch from Allure to Wonder (way faster than I expected!).  They were able to keep me in a GS for all three legs...but would have had to transfer on last leg to another GS.  

Call to D+ desk, and with some investigation between the rep on the phone and myself, we took us out of all three cabins in favor of totally different GS (all same deck) and all in same cabin in better location (mid deck starboard).   Plus she was able to transfer my missing OBC over for the TA.  

Now that really made my day...heck made my week!!  😄 

WooHoo --- today will be one extra special Happy Hour!     Congratulations!   Happy it has worked out for you and Bucky🥰

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is amazing.  I wonder if that is a world record.   They went all in with building the structure to support it.  Even an umbrella at the top.  WOW!

It is pretty crazy, the entire thing.  It reminds me of the Dr Seuss House in Alaska.  Just add one more level of craziness type of idea. 

BCFBD933-82CE-4E4E-9720-F4D5E2A5D27A.png.95b0d5e2ca7f9654d4b69d9ae4f5603d.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I got my third last month through CVS  before they were told by CDC they could officially do the third. Easy peasy. No real side effects other than slight sore arm (less than 2nd dose) and I felt a little blah the next day. Third dose of the Pfizer is the same as the first two. I highly recommend that anyone who can get the booster.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife,home now post surgery is on home rehab for 3 to 4 weeks.She is on bed rest now for the most part.

Our daughters come here after work to prepare our meals for the following day and do laundry.

I am sure she is happy to be home and happy to see your smiling face again too!

That is great that your Daughters live nearby and are able to help.😍

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I got my third last month through CVS  before they were told by CDC they could officially do the third. Easy peasy. No real side effects other than slight sore arm (less than 2nd dose) and I felt a little blah the next day. Third dose of the Pfizer is the same as the first two. I highly recommend that anyone who can get the booster.

We are waiting to see exactly who falls into the risk groups to see if we qualify.  We do not qualify based on age but I expect my DH will fall into a risk group.  I might fall into a risk group depending on whose list you look at but I am Moderna, not Pfizer, so I have to wait for now either way.

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It is pretty crazy, the entire thing.  It reminds me of the Dr Seuss House in Alaska.  Just add one more level of craziness type of idea. 

BCFBD933-82CE-4E4E-9720-F4D5E2A5D27A.png.95b0d5e2ca7f9654d4b69d9ae4f5603d.png

Andrew,😭 I lost your Alaska cruise review link. Would you post it for again, pretty please?

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Jax Beach has oceanfront hotels and some across the street. Some pretty good restaurants. The beach itself is nice…plenty of sand and room to spread out. 
Other than that, I can’t think of anything to actually do!

Palm Valley Fish Camp has really good food and is on the Intracoastal Waterway. 

Case Marina Hotel is oceanfront and has a rooftop bar. You’d need to check with them to confirm that it’s open. 
The beaches are about 15 miles east of 95. 
If you are driving south on 95, you can hop on 295 just south of Jax airport for the east side beltway. 
From there  you’d take Butler Blvd straight to the beach pretty quickly. It’s limited access and ends at A1A. 
From there, left would be Jax Beach, and right would be Sawgrass and a nice Marriott. 
I’d love to be heading to Pt Everglades fir a cruise!

Thank you so much for the information.

32 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie got his third Covid vaccine this morning.  Hoping for no side effects🤞

Keep us posted on that.   Bucky and I are going to get ours mid October.  Was curious on side effects, but I am guessing since we have already adjusted to that vaccine...may not be any but a sore arm?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are waiting to see exactly who falls into the risk groups to see if we qualify. 

I'm lucky that I qualified by being 65. Whether or not I am technically immune compromised I really don't know but based on some of the meds I take I fall in that list. At this point I'm glad that I was able to get it. CVS might have screwed up by giving out booster's before they were officially supposed to but I read on their website that they could give it out due to the Emergency Authorization Act and I acted on it. . For all I know I was in the group that they studied for the booster.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

You will be fine.

That's my guess as well.  We are both Moderna though...so our timing of mid October will probably be about right.  No word on Moderna 3rd shots yet.  If we can't get it through CVS...or our local grocery store pharmacy...my sister has offered to give us the third dose.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was the first of my close friends to get married.I was 23.One of my friends waited till age 66 to get married.

When I was 18 and 19, almost all of my friends were getting married. I actually had people ask me if I was worried. 

So I got engaged. Had one of those light bulb moments two months before the wedding when I realized I did not want to marry my fiancé!

So I broke the engagement. My parents put a nice little notice in the paper in the midst of engagement and wedding photos that my marriage would not take place. 
Oddly enough, I don’t remember being embarrassed; I started dating again, and one of the guys I was dating invited me to dinner with his family. His sister’s boyfriend was invited and he brought an old friend who had just come home from the service. 
I married the old friend!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are waiting to see exactly who falls into the risk groups to see if we qualify.  We do not qualify based on age but I expect my DH will fall into a risk group.  I might fall into a risk group depending on whose list you look at but I am Moderna, not Pfizer, so I have to wait for now either way.

We’re Moderna, and there’s no telling when they’ll approve a booster. 
The great thing is the report that Moderna is giving the highest immunity. 
That buys us a little time. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

When I was 18 and 19, almost all of my friends were getting married. I actually had people ask me if I was worried. 

So I got engaged. Had one of those light bulb moments two months before the wedding when I realized I did not want to marry my fiancé!

So I broke the engagement. My parents put a nice little notice in the paper in the midst of engagement and wedding photos that my marriage would not take place. 
Oddly enough, I don’t remember being embarrassed; I started dating again, and one of the guys I was dating invited me to dinner with his family. His sister’s boyfriend was invited and he brought an old friend who had just come home from the service. 
I married the old friend!

Awww....you were meant to be!!  🥰

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm lucky that I qualified by being 65. Whether or not I am technically immune compromised I really don't know but based on some of the meds I take I fall in that list. At this point I'm glad that I was able to get it. CVS might have screwed up by giving out booster's before they were officially supposed to but I read on their website that they could give it out due to the Emergency Authorization Act and I acted on it. . For all I know I was in the group that they studied for the booster.

Pharmacies were authorized to give out Pfizer booster shots sometime in mid August for the immuno-compromised, no matter what age.     All good 🤩

Eric was notified by transplant doc sometime in August but he has been procrastinating.    next week he has visit with Doc and will see if she can give him booster, if she doesn't have it then we will stop at local pharmacy.    Walgreens in our area only carries Moderna but CVS and Rite-Aid have Pfizer.  

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

That's my guess as well.  We are both Moderna though...so our timing of mid October will probably be about right.  No word on Moderna 3rd shots yet.  If we can't get it through CVS...or our local grocery store pharmacy...my sister has offered to give us the third dose.  

Charlie got Moderna at CVS.  They wouldn’t give it to me though.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Tonight Dick and I celebrated our 60th anniversary at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. 
We can’t eat like we used to, but everything we did eat was delicious. My ribeye was perfect, but I’ll be eating it for the next couple of days!

Lots of leftovers for both of us. 
or I should call them planovers. 

F2A25173-28B0-4614-AD1E-604BA3427487.jpeg

2C9E3B80-2FE4-43C0-B488-FDCBA632B6F0.jpeg

E01AF759-68B9-4918-BEB7-E05BB57EAFB2.jpeg

7A3565CD-37D1-4FCF-A8EC-4F43583B5AAC.jpeg

60 years!  Happy Anniversary to a beautiful couple.  Wishing you both so much happiness!

• Like 1