Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our garden waste (grass cuttings, etc)  which is usually every two weeks has a months delay because of shortage of drivers . Apparently there were no tests conducted during the worse of the pandemic and now there's a shortage of drivers .

Our city has canceled picking up recycling for a couple of months to get caught up on yard trash.  
Evidently there are neighborhoods with 6 foot high yard trash that hasn’t been picked up in months. 
The city designated three areas where recycling could be dropped off. 
Evidently regular garbage is being dumped with the recycling.
What a mess! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Now time for the latest Owen sports update.

Selected for:

• High school Football 
  • Rep Baseball 
  • Rep Hockey 

It is going to be a busy fall and summer next year. The football season is going to be a limited one this year and the grade 9s do not play much.  If he is going to be the kicker that might change.

The hockey schedule is out and this year all teams in Ontario have no games over Christmas and March break, which means we can cruise without missing any games.  They decided this to give time to relax for all the kids.  I approve. 

Well done Owen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I forgot about that. And we used to go snow skiing without helmets.

We would tow friends on handlebars or sitting on the back. All over town. Gone for hours, and luckily, we all survived. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I did that even as an adult...a much younger adult than I am now...but definitely in my 40s.  

I started snow skiing in my 50’s. So hot I never wore anything on my head. Don’t remember seeing anyone in a helmet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Selected for:

• High school Football 
  • Rep Baseball 
  • Rep Hockey 

It is going to be a busy fall and summer next year. The football season is going to be a limited one this year and the grade 9s do not play much.  If he is going to be the kicker that might change.

The hockey schedule is out and this year all teams in Ontario have no games over Christmas and March break, which means we can cruise without missing any games.  They decided this to give time to relax for all the kids.  I approve. 

Being such a good athlete brings so many benefits; the ability to focus, to stay out of trouble, to have good health, to be disciplined, and to be a good teammate. 
And Owen’s memories of growing up will sustain him through life. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

If you all would think positive thoughts for Charlie we would appreciate it.  He has to go for an MRI to check out some problems.  Wednesday morning early. Thanks, Marietta

17 hours ago, derorim said:

I hope all goes well for Charlie on Wednesday.  Best wishes to you both.

17 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Sorry to hear this, Marietta.  We will have Charlie and you in our thoughts and prayers.

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thinking positive thoughts for Charlie😀

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Definitely, sending prayers and positive thoughts for Charlie.  Hang in there, I know how nerve wracking this can be🥰

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

+1 @DaniDanielle I will be thinking of you two and hoping for good results on Charlie's MRI. I am very found of that name as it was my fathers name.

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

All my positive thoughts are for Charlie tomorrow. Hope everything goes well.

15 hours ago, Keksie said:

Sending positive thoughts for Charlie.  To you too.

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending our prayers 🙏 for Charlie at his MRI on Wednesday. Take care Marietta.

Graham & Pauline.

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good wishes and positive thoughts for Charlie's MRI.

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

From our home as well.

+ 11 from across the pond 🥰

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Went to see the new James Bond film today. First time in a cinema for over 18 months. 

Pre pandemic we would go once every couple of weeks or so 

1 hour ago, George C said:

It opens here Friday, I will buy tickets today , we go to movie house with waiter and drinks , we also haven’t been to movie in 18 months. How did you like it?

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you like the movie?     We are thinking of going next week.    We have not been to a movie cinema since Christmas 2019 and I don't even remember what it was we saw.   

+ 3  😉

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me either or is it neither?.  If  I haven’t talked to you in 50 years, I don’t need to talk to you now!

If you all would think positive thoughts for Charlie we would appreciate it.  He has to go for an MRI to

check out some problems.  Wednesday morning early.

Thanks,

Marietta

Wishing Charlie the best outcome of his MRI tomorrow. Hope he gets a good night’s sleep tonight with no worries. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Selected for:

• High school Football 
  • Rep Baseball 
  • Rep Hockey 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I would say yes you will. Congratulations to Owen. Now you just need him to get the driver’s license so he can drive himself to all the practices.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations to Owen and Congratulations to you and Lisa for getting a break over Christmas and March 🤩

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@A&L_Ont

Congratulations for Owens success.

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Well done Owen.

31 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

+1

16 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Being such a good athlete brings so many benefits; the ability to focus, to stay out of trouble, to have good health, to be disciplined, and to be a good teammate. 

🥰 + 7

• Like 1

I'm not so sure I like dealing with the amenity gift. A little back story.

On the Freedom recently our cabin smelled like dog pee by the glass sliding door. It wasn’t really noticeable until you opened the curtain and walked out the door. We told them the first night to please try to fix it. We also said we didn't want to change rooms unless they had another aft facing balcony which they didn't. They came in that evening and tried cleaning it. Not sure what they did but the end result as a lot of over the top smelly stuff which wasn't that pleasant but we didn't complain.

We saw the supervisor in the hall 2 days later and she asked how the smell was. We mentioned it worked but their smelly stuff was starting to wear off and the smell was coming back. Again I mentioned we didn't want to move and she made a comment she would do something nice for us. I didn't want that stuff they put on it again so I would spray perfume in the area daily. They would never say it smelled like dog pee but that they could smell something. They said it was probably from water coming in the door and the carpet getting wet. That's possible, but would that ever smell like dog pee?

Ok, now to the amenity gift on the Freedom b2b. The first cruise we requested and received the champagne. The second cruise we had requested the beach towel. The second cruise there wasn't any amenity gift so I called the LA and told her there wasn't a beach towel. The next day a bottle of champagne showed up so we thought it was because of the smell. I called again about the beach towel. She said we had requested the champagne. No we didn't. I explained that we thought the champagne was for the smell and she could check with housekeeping if she wanted to. We finally got the towel. Now that we have seen it and have one we don't want anymore. 

For the Odyssey cruises I requested the champagne for the three. When I called I asked if it showed that I had requested the towel for the last Freedom cruise. It did so she lied to us saying we had requested the champagne.

We get on the Odyssey and there is a beach towel when it should have been champagne. 🙄 I called right away to let them know we asked for the champagne and they could take the towel. She said she would look into it. Later she called back and said the champagne was on its way up. It ever arrived so when we went to the diamond lounge I mentioned it to her. She called and said they would send it up. They show up about 9:00pm with ....... drum roll please...... white wine.🤦‍♀️ We told them we requested the champagne. At almost 10:00 we get a call saying they would be bringing up the red wine 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ WTH? This is no joke. Neither one of us ever mentioned wine of any color at all. They sure were trying to pawn something else on us except for what we asked. Maybe they are low on the cheap champagne? 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, NHProud said:

Dani , have you been referred to a sleep clinic ?  

Thanks, Judy.

Kind of -- I had 3 episodes of sleep walking after taking a certain sleeping pill, and my GP sent me to a neurologist who specialized in insomnia.

He prescribed different meds, and, to put it mildly, we didn't "hit off"....

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Do you have a English-Hebrew dictionary at home ? if so, look up catnip.

Looked.

Didn't get any more "hochme".... it says: ניפת חתולים.... nobody around me knows what's ניפת...

At least in Romanian, I understood it is some kind of [green] grass, apparently favored by those able to lick "distant" parts easily 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Completely agree.  Any team sport builds a lot of great character in kids.  I'd also add self-confidence to the list.  You get used to putting yourself out there...sometimes succeeding and sometimes failing...but always trying.  You (hopefully) learn to be both a gracious winner and loser. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

No pictures today.  Everyone is probably getting bored with my lake pictures now that all those beautiful cruise pictures are being posted. 

We did get outside and walked 12 miles today between rain showers.  Enjoying a glass of wine now, while following some of the cruise reports. 

12 miles???  I'm happy when my step  counter tells me I achieved my 8,000 steps in a day!😅

• Like 4