Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

We also did that and we all survived.  We also had grapevines in a neighbors yard. We used to shoot grapes at each other with slingshots. The seed in the grapes would hurt almost as much as the bb.

We did something similar but with crab apples instead of grapes.  We had those wrist rocket sling shots.  I remember my brother trying to climb a tree (to shoot down at us from a tree fort).  As he was pulling up with one hand, he got hit in the back of the hand and fell about 6 feet to the ground.  He was severely winded and couldn't breath for a few seconds.  Thought #1...my brother is going to die.  Thought #2...my parents are going to kill me.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's what I thought. I really did not want to do it, but Facebook said it was the only way to prove she was deceased. Took several months to finally see she had been deleted.

About a month after my mother passed away, "she" was sending out messages to her friends saying that she thought they might be interested in this, with a link to click on.  Having your personal info stolen/sold is bad enough, but those links can contain some nasty stuff.  It was a good reminder to us to change her account to deceased status, or whatever they call it when you keep the account open so that others can view it but lock it for any other activity.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We did something similar but with crab apples instead of grapes.  We had those wrist rocket sling shots.  I remember my brother trying to climb a tree (to shoot down at us from a tree fort).  As he was pulling up with one hand, he got hit in the back of the hand and fell about 6 feet to the ground.  He was severely winded and couldn't breath for a few seconds.  Thought #1...my brother is going to die.  Thought #2...my parents are going to kill me.

Crab apples would definitely hurt.  Grapes and sling shots were an early form of paint guns LOL, needless to say our mothers were not thrilled with our grape stained clothes. 😞

Perhaps that’s why I really like wine these days. 😂

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm not impressed with the cabin. We are in a spacious aft balcony. The room is long and narrow. The photo below ages the toilet and shower look elongated, but it isn't.

20211003_125737.thumb.jpg.92095b4c9e5c372dfe5d9e60195a1c3f.jpg

20211003_125828.thumb.jpg.6dd317f72f1025c2fa6319e06adaa184.jpg

The dest table pulls out and there isn't the typical drawer below it for all the little stuff. Makeup etc. The chair isn't comfortable without the higher back.

20211003_125856.thumb.jpg.57b43ceee712ddd5c6e57f8f30d8ca8f.jpg

It's a total waste of about 8' of space. I guess you're supposed to pull out the table if you want a coffee table?

20211003_125926.thumb.jpg.2df3418b2b1f982373b9a6ecf3c817bd.jpg

Balcony table is tiny. Very hard to play cards on.

20211003_125935.thumb.jpg.2e82dab92728f84e79c87861190fe7c1.jpg

20211003_125730.thumb.jpg.c8f9f5aae9b370f9015bb0122266de47.jpg

That is odd to have all that open space before the balcony.   Maybe they could add 2 chairs there and move the desk/vanity table to play cards there?

I dislike those small balcony tables.  Always prefer the taller bigger ones so I can enjoy a lite breakfast or wine and cheese on my balcony.

• Like 5

. The room is long and narrow.

It's a total waste of about 8' of space.

Boy that is narrow. Hardly any room between the bed and tv.

Should of put couch there instead of across from desk

That is the poorest excuse for a balcony table. Oh my no room for drinks.

This ship has the most narrow hallways I have seen.

I bet debarkation will be a blast with everyone with their suitcases trying to navigate throught eh hallway.

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yikes, he put in 3 shots.

Got your money's worth worth that drink. I'd be bombed after two. I love Lava Flows.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

you keep the account open so that others can view it but lock it for any other activity.

Good advise.

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We did that as kids too. WTH were we thinking????

And we rode bikes without helmets!   Not to mention being gone all day somewhere unknown.  Oh the horrors!!  😮   

And Mom wouldn't let me have a cell phone or WIFI.....errr...what's a cell phone and WIFI?  Oh how did we children even  survive?  😄 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's funny!   Eric just mentioned this to me moments ago and I asked if he Shatner is getting paid to do it or does he have to pay them.   I didn't realize he is 90.    Good for him!    I am sure it will be a Blast🤣

Heck of a 90th birthday present to himself!!  😃

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm not impressed with the cabin. We are in a spacious aft balcony. The room is long and narrow. The photo below ages the toilet and shower look elongated, 

It's a total waste of about 8' of space. I guess you're supposed to pull out the table if you want a coffee table?

20211003_125926.thumb.jpg.2df3418b2b1f982373b9a6ecf3c817bd.jpg

Are you in same cabin for 3 weeks?

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've never had issues with sleep. It comes naturally. If I'm in something that moves, like a car or train, I can be asleep in minutes. 

If you notice the sleepers versus non sleepers posting here.  The husbands are the sleepers.   We females, are the insomniacs.  😮 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

The boys in my neighborhood didn't have bb guns but they did throw snakes at us girls.  

OK...now I have the "Spiders and Snakes" song in my head.  😉 

BTW...almost stepped on a Rattlesnake this morning that was laying on the sidewalk here in the park, trying to get out of the wet areas.  Yikes!!  Yes, I jumped pretty high...and backwards quickly.  😮 

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

If you notice the sleepers versus non sleepers posting here.  The husbands are the sleepers.   We females, are the insomniacs.  😮 

In my household it is opposite. Linda sleeps like a baby, me toss and turn most of the night.

• Like 4

Have had a solid two days of rain so far.  We are here in South Walton county in the Panhandle.  The two day rain total is now at 9 inches.  😮   Luckily have a well drained, pea gravel site here.  No puddles at all, but boy did it come down last night!!  Mother Nature's fireworks most of the night too.  

Had a quick break in the rain yesterday afternoon to finally get a chance to walk the beach, though the rain came back in off the Gulf quickly after that.  

Off to "Wally World" this morning...for of course...bird seed!!  Lots of Chickadees and Cardinals loving my feeder.  Breakfast and a morning shower.  😉 

Also a long heavy extension cord for our little electric grill and griddle.  We are in one of the sites that seems fit to anchor the picnic table down, so we can't move it....which is no where near the RV.  😠

Nice weather here by the weekend.  Beach and kayak time all next week!  

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...now I have the "Spiders and Snakes" song in my head.  😉 

BTW...almost stepped on a Rattlesnake this morning that was laying on the sidewalk here in the park, trying to get out of the wet areas.  Yikes!!  Yes, I jumped pretty high...and backwards quickly.  😮 

That would freak me out.  I absolutely hate snakes, cannot imagine seeing a rattlesnake.  Dont think I would go anywhere near that area again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mets07 said:

A rainy day in NEW Jersey also. 😉

Thought you would all enjoy knowing my son picked up a car today that he ordered in March. Wow. 

We were also looking for a new car. I had posted about it earlier. Could not find anything we wanted. And everything we came across was thousands over MSRP. We finally found one that had all our check boxes marked off. And it was sheer luck, since this one was ordered with custom features, by someone, and they did not want to wait that long. It came earlier, we saw it, test drove, it checked off everything we wanted. We are now the proud owners.
I am loving it, especially the bells and whistles we did not have in our older car .......I had not backed into a tight parking spot in years!!!!! LOL!😁

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've never had issues with sleep. It comes naturally. If I'm in something that moves, like a car or train, I can be asleep in minutes. 

Seems most men find it easier to sleep than women. Jack falls asleep in minutes even in non moving situations.

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never had the desire to join FB

I only have FB to keep in visual touch with family who do not live near me.  Sign of the times.

14 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me either or is it neither?.  If  I haven’t talked to you in 50 years, I don’t need to talk to you now!

If you all would think positive thoughts for Charlie we would appreciate it.  He has to go for an MRI to

check out some problems.  Wednesday morning early.

Thanks,

Marietta

Good wishes and positive thoughts for Charlie's MRI.

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

The boys in my neighborhood didn't have bb guns but they did throw snakes at us girls.  

THUD!!!

1 hour ago, island lady said:

And we rode bikes without helmets!   Not to mention being gone all day somewhere unknown.  Oh the horrors!!  😮   

And Mom wouldn't let me have a cell phone or WIFI.....errr...what's a cell phone and WIFI?  Oh how did we children even  survive?  😄 

Like the theme song at the beginning of the TV show "Brooklyn Bridge"; Dinner time was all you had to know.  I get pensive every time I hear that song.  

I grew up in lower Manhattan and I recall keeping our apt. door unlocked.  When the doorbell rang, mom shouted "come in".  Can you imagine doing that today in NYC?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I notice when I post early in the morning over here in the UK,  some of you ladies in the States are posting also . 

• Like 4