Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Speeding down the road while sitting on the tailgate dangling your feet inches from the road. 

Yup!!  And in the winter, my sister and I loved it when my Dad tied two ropes to the bumper, and one each to our metal "flying saucers"...then dragged us all around the back roads.  Was my favorite sport...great fun!!   

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have never tried a lava flow.  What is in that drink?

2 oz. Light Rum  ( I also pour 1oz Kraken dark spiced rum on top after pouring it into a glass)

2 oz. Pineapple Juice (chilled)

2 oz. Cream of Coconut (chilled) ( I use Coco Lopez)

5-6 Fresh Strawberries

5-6 Fresh Pineapple chunks (optional)

1 Small Banana

Blend in blender with ice

It's fantastic.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 7

52 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Yes rain, rain and more rain.  It is raining right now.  This morning I was at the refuge and we got a break long enough to clean all the habitats.  Then it started raining again.  Almost an inch here at the house since midnight.

Couldn't believe it when they said on the news this morning of the 2 day total of 9 inches.  Yikes!  But really not that bad.  Must be all the sand soaking it up fast.  ;) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sgmn said:

The one we go to has huge lie back seats, like a lazy boy recliner. Loads of space all around, no way can you kick the one in front.  We had the back row anyway.  You have to see a movie like that on the big screen  IMO

That’s the only kind of movie theaters we go to and most in the area are like this,  some even have a nice wine list .

• Like 1

There is one acceptable use of a phone in a movie theater...the runpee app.  It tells you the best time to go to the bathroom.  It find scenes that don't add a lot to the movie and tells you how long you have to get to the bathroom, pee, and get back.  It also provides a brief written summary of what you missed.  It works well with an Apple Watch so that you don't have to have a bright phone screen showing in a dark theater.  I use it every time I go to a theater.

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, Keksie said:

One fancy cat bed with soft bed in the center.  Samantha will not sleep in it but sleeps on top.  LOL  That is also her favorite empty box behind her.  

1689148638_Samantha9.thumb.jpeg.2095675d086e95c7a1f4ec8b7b0efa44.jpeg

Another super sweet picture of my favorite cat!  Such a beautiful girl!!  That face...she does know how to tug your heart strings doesn't she?   She could pose for cat food commercials!  

Those plants in the background...my Katie would have made salads of them!!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Another super sweet picture of my favorite cat!  Such a beautiful girl!!  That face...she does know how to tug your heart strings doesn't she?   She could pose for cat food commercials!  

Those plants in the background...my Katie would have made salads of them!!  

I hope the rain stops for you soon.  I did have to take one plant outside, it was the only one she has played with.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

That’s the only kind of movie theaters we go to and most in the area are like this,  some even have a nice wine list .

I think they sell wine and beer in the evening, there's a bar upstairs.  But it was nice to have the big cinema popcorn and big cokes we only seem to get at the cinema . They previewed the new Top Gun movie , not sure when its coming out but looks good 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Hey! I’m a female! I’m not the one asking those questions!

OMG!!  Sorry about that, I thought it was your other half posting that.  My bad!!   😳 There are some that post under the same screen name...and I never know which one is doing it.  I will know it's just you from now on.  🙂 

I did tell Bucky about my comment about those questions...he agreed with me.  

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

There is one acceptable use of a phone in a movie theater...the runpee app.  It tells you the best time to go to the bathroom.  It find scenes that don't add a lot to the movie and tells you how long you have to get to the bathroom, pee, and get back.  It also provides a brief written summary of what you missed.  It works well with an Apple Watch so that you don't have to have a bright phone screen showing in a dark theater.  I use it every time I go to a theater.

Good name for the app. We always switch ours off completely but I guess it works putting on silent. It's a loooong movie, definitely need some toilet breaks 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

OMG!!  I don't do the apps...but that one I would make an exception for.  Too funny!!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I hope the rain stops for you soon.  I did have to take one plant outside, it was the only one she has played with.  

We have a break in it right now....time to sit outside for happy hour and watch my new bird friends.  🙂 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, George C said:

We have those kind of seats at our theaters also, but no wine or any other alcoholic beverages. Bummer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I discovered an advantage on a cruise people around my age here have over the younger kids that post here.  This morning I asked Sharon if it was Tuesday.  She had no idea.  Then I reached for my meds container...... Oh, it's Tuesday. 😂

That works until you forget them one day.  I was off a day all week, last week, when I missed Tuesday. 🤣🤣

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

There is one acceptable use of a phone in a movie theater...the runpee app.  It tells you the best time to go to the bathroom. 

I do it this way. Watch a movie in my home theater and when I need to go press pause.😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

@dani negreanu  so sorry to learn that you didn’t receive any help for your sleep disorder.   I take Melatonin ( 5 mg) and it only helps occasionally.

Do all Romanias have a gift for languages. ?   You certainly do !  My husband was on sabbatical in Munich in the late 70’s and I enrolled in a German class . All the other students in the class were from Romania and they left me in the dust. They outshined me . It was hard to keep up with them . They told me they had  fled because of NC .   I wonder what became of them .  

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

And the cats eat this plant? 

Yes, they absolutely love it!     My cats walk right up to the garden bed and eat it fresh almost everyday.    In the fall I cut it back (most of it) then dry it out and put in a container so they can enjoy indoors during the cold winter months.   

You can grow the plant indoors if you wanted but I never have as I have enough indoor plants

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup!!  And in the winter, my sister and I loved it when my Dad tied two ropes to the bumper, and one each to our metal "flying saucers"...then dragged us all around the back roads.  Was my favorite sport...great fun!!   

OMG I forgot all about that, My Dad would do the same with us if he had off on a snowy day.     He was a mailman back in the day when the post office never closed for bad weather.

• Like 3