Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Debbie so much.  He's real good guy.

So boys being boys, We used to make blow gun darts out of a dressmaker straight pins with sewing thread cut in many pieces then wrapped around the head of the pin like a feather. We would blow it out of a straw chasing after one another. I remember getting shot in the face right below my eye with the pin sticking out of my cheek. hurt like hell. Laugh about it now but we were lucky nobody got their eye put out.

Been there, done that. Not too smart.

Thank you so much Renee.

Very smart. Good idea.

That's what I thought. I really did not want to do it, but Facebook said it was the only way to prove she was deceased. Took several months to finally see she had been deleted.

The things we did to keep us entertained. Now it's all video games.

+1 @DaniDanielle I will be thinking of you two and hoping for good results on Charlie's MRI. I am very found of that name as it was my fathers name.

I done several interviews with Shatner because he would come to Kansas City for the American Royal Horse Show where he had some championship horses competing. I had no idea how short he was. Nice guy.

I previously posted that in 1988 I received a Humanitarian award .It was from an organization that I was a member of as were Nimoy and Shatner.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Believe me, Joy,  I've tried everything to fall asleep ... naturals and meds....

Catnip -- googled it, no dice... looked for the Hebrew translation... it says something about cats, but I haven't the foggiest idea what's the other word/substance is.

Hebrew not being my mother tongue "rises his ugly head", just kidding, but frustrating nonetheless.

Pictures show cats eating plants??? That's "catnip" ??

OK, found the translation in Romanian... "cat's [green] grass".....

Do you have a English-Hebrew dictionary at home ? if so,look up catnip.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Seems most men find it easier to sleep than women. Jack falls asleep in minutes even in non moving situations.

I only have FB to keep in visual touch with family who do not live near me.  Sign of the times.

Good wishes and positive thoughts for Charlie's MRI.

THUD!!!

Like the theme song at the beginning of the TV show "Brooklyn Bridge"; Dinner time was all you had to know.  I get pensive every time I hear that song.  

I grew up in lower Manhattan and I recall keeping our apt. door unlocked.  When the doorbell rang, mom shouted "come in".  Can you imagine doing that today in NYC?

Same for us in Brooklyn .

9 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Went to see the new James Bond film today. First time in a cinema for over 18 months. 

Pre pandemic we would go once every couple of weeks or so 

It opens here Friday, I will buy tickets today , we go to movie house with waiter and drinks , we also haven’t been to movie in 18 months. How did you like it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

And we rode bikes without helmets!   Not to mention being gone all day somewhere unknown.  Oh the horrors!!  😮   

And Mom wouldn't let me have a cell phone or WIFI.....errr...what's a cell phone and WIFI?  Oh how did we children even  survive?  😄 

Cars without seat belts ,too

• Like 4

I'm gone for 18 hours and have 8 pages to catch up on.  You all have been busy.

Currently on hold with Delta for flight changes for our March 2022 Cruise. Changing to MIA VS FLL and for a day later.  That way we can get out antigen testing done in Canada VS in Florida the day before the cruise.

Maybe by March that might be a thing of the past.  Who knows what testing we will need to do to drive over the border but that should be public knowledge in the near future.  That is when American finally opens to the general Canadian population drivers coming in.

We booked a night in MIA on points for the four of us.  Hopefully this will happen.  We also have $4,500 of FCC to apply to the cruise.  I am patiently waiting to see if the 30 day window will apply to March 2022 sailings as well.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm not impressed with the cabin. We are in a spacious aft balcony. The room is long and narrow. The photo below ages the toilet and shower look elongated, but it isn't.

20211003_125737.thumb.jpg.92095b4c9e5c372dfe5d9e60195a1c3f.jpg

20211003_125828.thumb.jpg.6dd317f72f1025c2fa6319e06adaa184.jpg

The dest table pulls out and there isn't the typical drawer below it for all the little stuff. Makeup etc. The chair isn't comfortable without the higher back.

20211003_125856.thumb.jpg.57b43ceee712ddd5c6e57f8f30d8ca8f.jpg

It's a total waste of about 8' of space. I guess you're supposed to pull out the table if you want a coffee table?

20211003_125926.thumb.jpg.2df3418b2b1f982373b9a6ecf3c817bd.jpg

Balcony table is tiny. Very hard to play cards on.

20211003_125935.thumb.jpg.2e82dab92728f84e79c87861190fe7c1.jpg

20211003_125730.thumb.jpg.c8f9f5aae9b370f9015bb0122266de47.jpg

When I am on a cruise I must have a Handicapped cabin.On my last cruise which was on the Anthem,our OV cabin was nearly twice the size of any other OV on every other ship we have been on.The bathroom was huge .

• Like 3

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

That is the type of baby that ends up being an only child.

You just described me, almost. I'm not an only child but my parents always said that's the reason I'm the youngest. I kept them awake all night as a baby and when I got older I would just wander around because I couldn't sleep. Still don't sleep well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Went to see the new James Bond film today. First time in a cinema for over 18 months. 

I remember going to the first James Bond movie in 1962.My father told me a few weeks before it came out that the son of a guy he knew was going to be in the film playing a character called Dr.No.

• Like 1

Now time for the latest Owen sports update.

Selected for:

• High school Football 
  • Rep Baseball 
  • Rep Hockey 

It is going to be a busy fall and summer next year. The football season is going to be a limited one this year and the grade 9s do not play much.  If he is going to be the kicker that might change.

The hockey schedule is out and this year all teams in Ontario have no games over Christmas and March break, which means we can cruise without missing any games.  They decided this to give time to relax for all the kids.  I approve. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Seems most men find it easier to sleep than women. Jack falls asleep in minutes even in non moving situations.

Good wishes and positive thoughts for Charlie's MRI.

Like the theme song at the beginning of the TV show "Brooklyn Bridge"; Dinner time was all you had to know.  I get pensive every time I hear that song.  

I grew up in lower Manhattan and I recall keeping our apt. door unlocked.  When the doorbell rang, mom shouted "come in".  Can you imagine doing that today in NYC?

Don't tell anyone, but we never lock our doors at our house in bucks county pa or the shore house at LBI.     While I shouldn't say never, we do lock up the house for winter down the shore when we don't have a winter tenant.     This is the first year in several years that we didn't want to rent out for the winter.    

We left the front door at my home unlocked when we left an hour ago as I know my neighbor will be back and forth all the time for our cats.    She likes to hang out there and get away from her husband 😅

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Did you like the movie?     We are thinking of going next week.    We have not been to a movie cinema since Christmas 2019 and I don't even remember what it was we saw.   

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It is going to be a busy fall and summer next year. 

I would say yes you will. Congratulations to Owen. Now you just need him to get the driver’s license so he can drive himself to all the practices.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Jimbo    I was just thinking of you.    We are sitting at Vincentown Diner.   I just ordered a patty melt and Eric ordered beef brisket.      They sure do have delicious coffee🤩

Making me hungry, did you sit where the booths are facing the WAWA or did you sit in the Dining Room where the bar is?  We liked sitting where the booth's are, interesting watching the traffic and going on's outside from that side of the Diner.

We used to go there for years for the Chicken Parm and Veal Parm, but a few years ago they took the Veal off the menuand started to make the Chicken Parm different, like different owners took over or the cooks changed.

Edited by Jimbo

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Now time for the latest Owen sports update.

Selected for:

• High school Football 
  • Rep Baseball 
  • Rep Hockey 

It is going to be a busy fall and summer next year. The football season is going to be a limited one this year and the grade 9s do not play much.  If he is going to be the kicker that might change.

The hockey schedule is out and this year all teams in Ontario have no games over Christmas and March break, which means we can cruise without missing any games.  They decided this to give time to relax for all the kids.  I approve. 

Congratulations to Owen and Congratulations to you and Lisa for getting a break over Christmas and March 🤩

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes we are sitting at a booth inside looking out front window at 206.   Food should be here any moment.

Sorry my post got hung up, and my lap top locked up for some reason before I could finish the post.

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pleased to hear  you are both on a cruise and having a great time.

Graham.

Thanks Graham. We are having a good time.

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Kylar says "Good Night" we will see you all in the morning. It's been a good day here on CC. Such good content to read. Thank you to everyone on a cruise taking time to share their experience with us.

DSC_0004 copy.JPG

Another pretty kitty. So many on this thread and dogs also.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you in same cabin for 3 weeks?

Unfortunately I wasn't even able to get the same cabin for 2 of the legs. The aft cabins were already booked for this next leg and I saw they had a inside virtual cabin. I have always been curious what one of these would be like so I booked it. The third leg is another aft but not the same as this one. Same layout but different #.

Several days ago people were talking about upgrading on one of my roll calls. I decided to give it a try for the next cruise. I'm still undecided if I made a good choice because if I get the upgrade I will still always be curious about the virtual cabin. I only put in a bid for a balcony and the lowest bid possible. The other cruises I booked for the coming year are either balconies or jr suites.

• Like 4

@A&L_Ont

Congratulations for Owens success.

I know he probably busted arse, but I know you guys are great parental units.

Enjoy, they grow way to fast.

Stay healthy.

P.S.  If your looking for a cruise to use that FCC check out Allure August 6, 2022.  

Stay safe

• Like 3

15 hours ago, akcruz said:

Facebook, I joined when my oldest went to college so i could see what she was up to, have reconnected with family and friends haven't seen in many years.  As long as you are careful what you share and how it is fine but yes it's a thin line.  DD is very careful what gets posted about the grandkids, indeed to get the OK before posting just about anything which I am fine with.  My profile picture cannot be just the grandkids.  Definitely pros and cons to site.

As for BBs, grandpup is a rescue, yes I am allowed to post his pics 😜.  He was found in backwoods NC, they believe he is a failed hunting dog.  Has a clipped ear, used to show who he belongs to, and various buckshot under his skin on one side, they think used to get him to be quiet or just behave while hunting.  They have had him 6 + years and while still a bit skittish adjusting just fine to family life with 2 little ones. A few pics, some I believe I have shared before.  Sad what is acceptable in some parts of the world.

IMG_20161127_184546386.jpg

IMG_20150524_093804569.jpg

IMG_20160624_203413617.jpg

Such a sweet face! I hope he’s forgotten the bad times. 

• Like 4