Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh that's right!!  And no air bags.  😉  No child seats, and us kids loved riding in the back of the open pick up truck!  

All the things that I did when I was a kid that I survived.If somebody went into a drug store they could get a narcotic without a prescription.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I have never tried a lava flow.  What is in that drink?

On Coco Cay they put strawberry puree in the bottom of the cup and then pour in Pina Colada.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Those were also known as Jarts.  That was the word I tried to use in one post, but autocorrect changed it to human arts!😀

We still have a box of them. 

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

2 oz. Light Rum  ( I also pour 1oz Kraken dark spiced rum on top after pouring it into a glass)

2 oz. Pineapple Juice (chilled)

2 oz. Cream of Coconut (chilled) ( I use Coco Lopez)

5-6 Fresh Strawberries

5-6 Fresh Pineapple chunks (optional)

1 Small Banana

Blend in blender with ice

It's fantastic.

Yours sounds much better. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

All the things that I did when I was a kid that I survived.If somebody went into a drug store they could get a narcotic without a prescription.

I was buying cigarettes at 13 years old. Could have bought them younger if I tried. Two ways. From the store cashier or the cigarette vending machines located everywhere. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I was buying cigarettes at 13 years old. Could have bought them younger if I tried. Two ways. From the store cashier or the cigarette vending machines located everywhere. 

I bought my first cigarette when I was 18.I cannot remember the price for a pack or the brand of my very first one.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

2 oz. Light Rum  ( I also pour 1oz Kraken dark spiced rum on top after pouring it into a glass)

2 oz. Pineapple Juice (chilled)

2 oz. Cream of Coconut (chilled) ( I use Coco Lopez)

5-6 Fresh Strawberries

5-6 Fresh Pineapple chunks (optional)

1 Small Banana

Blend in blender with ice

It's fantastic.

Yummy.  Come be my bartender.  

• Like 1

A question for the people who live in NJ or spent time on the Jersey shore in the early 70’s

There was an ice cream parlor that we called The White House but I do not think it was the real name. I am trying to recall the real name but I cannot.They sold the best ice cream that I ever ate and it was always mobbed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

OMG!!  Sorry about that, I thought it was your other half posting that.  My bad!!   😳 There are some that post under the same screen name...and I never know which one is doing it.  I will know it's just you from now on.  🙂 

I did tell Bucky about my comment about those questions...he agreed with me.  

Wow! I didn’t know two people could have the same screen name on CC. 
I’ve had this name for 21 years. 

I’m surprised this is the first time there’s been a mixup. 
My  DH listens to me talk about CC, or pretends to, but is totally uninterested. 
He did join us for LCR on our 27 day cruise. And won a lot. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Judy.

Kind of -- I had 3 episodes of sleep walking after taking a certain sleeping pill, and my GP sent me to a neurologist who specialized in insomnia.

He prescribed different meds, and, to put it mildly, we didn't "hit off"....

Looked.

Didn't get any more "hochme".... it says: ניפת חתולים.... nobody around me knows what's ניפת...

At least in Romanian, I understood it is some kind of [green] grass, apparently favored by those able to lick "distant" parts easily 😉

Jack doesn't know what it means.  The only thing I got from google is what you learned, that it means catnip.  Upon further research (I googled "meaning of hebrew word nifat in English" I understood it to mean some sort of grass.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I want you to guess who crossed my mind today. 

20211005_093753.thumb.jpg.a492b37ba7f10589fab22affb5c96738.jpg

I didn't get Sharon in a food pic so I will sub this pic at last night's dinner. 

20211004_185432.thumb.jpg.19615735d8b6531a84df9d09a5491dde.jpg

And although the shirt is not on.... 

20211005_105946.thumb.jpg.9983b7d9b6ecb8fd2b716d93f9247643.jpg

Which of those two lovely ladies is Sharon? AND that shirt is totally Graham!!

51 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Our local pharmacist used to take out our finger splinters. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

There is one acceptable use of a phone in a movie theater...the runpee app.  It tells you the best time to go to the bathroom.  It find scenes that don't add a lot to the movie and tells you how long you have to get to the bathroom, pee, and get back.  It also provides a brief written summary of what you missed.  It works well with an Apple Watch so that you don't have to have a bright phone screen showing in a dark theater.  I use it every time I go to a theater.

It also should synchronize your bladder control to the movie scenes.🤣

On 10/1/2021 at 11:02 AM, lenquixote66 said:

This thread has likely set a record for every internet message board.

Hate to disappoint you, but I just did some research and found that the record for the greatest number of posts on any message board is in the neighborhood of 121,000!!!  I think that due to the nature of the topic (which of course was borne out of the whole 'lockdown' situation that we can all relate to in varying degrees), it has been left to just go on and on, diverging into general chit-chat about anything and everything. In "normal" times - especially with a topic that applied to gathering some sort of specific info, don't you think a moderator might have already shut this thread down? I've seen it happen all the time depending on the extent to which threads are monitored. On one forum that I'm a member of - if people get off-topic after a few posts there is inevitably a notice to refocus or else start a different thread for whatever concern or comment, etc. that does not pertain to the OP. If the off-topic responses continue, then threads are typically locked. In some forums, there is often a "anything else" or "living room chat"-type section of the forum. 

In this case, though, the whole "routine day in lockdown" thing is still sort of applicable. Even once (if?) the pandemic essentially fizzles out, I suspect this thread might just roll on and on. For me, personally, not being much of a social media aficionado other than to frequent forums to gain specific information rather than engaging in random chatting, I lost interest in this thread probably a few hundred pages ago and was astounded, after returning to CC after being away for an extended time, that this was still going. Rather unprecedented I suppose. I don't see anything even remotely comparable to it on any other parts of CC. Undoubtedly some would say that a thread that just goes on and on is probably a waste of bandwidth...I know...cause I've had people accuse me of it elsewhere. For the current times we're in, though, I suspect many have found it just a means of pleasant diversion and entertainment from the many new stresses we've all experienced since last year. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Which of those two lovely ladies is Sharon? AND that shirt is totally Graham!!

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Winner!  The other hint was a pic of a good looking breakfast and a good looking wife!  Sharon is the one on the left.  That was last night in Wonderland.  Regina is on the right.  It was her and her husband that had their flight canceled while driving to the airport the night before the cruise.  
You might not of seen it but I posted a video of Sharon playing music on the steps.  I think you know already but if you see me refer to my TA, it’s Sharon.  She is still arranging thing on the cruise.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

On Coco Cay they put strawberry puree in the bottom of the cup and then pour in Pina Colada.

Is that a Lava Flow or a Coco Loco?  I think that a Coco Loco is the same as a Labadoozie, and sounds similar to @Sea Dog's recipe.  The only frozen drink that I typically order is a Miami Vice...half strawberry daquiri and half pina colada.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

A question for the people who live in NJ or spent time on the Jersey shore in the early 70’s

There was an ice cream parlor that we called The White House but I do not think it was the real name. I am trying to recall the real name but I cannot.They sold the best ice cream that I ever ate and it was always mobbed.

Quite a few towns on the Jersey Shore.  Try google using the name of the town and "ice cream parlors circa early1970s"

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Good name for the app. We always switch ours off completely but I guess it works putting on silent. It's a loooong movie, definitely need some toilet breaks 

Especially for movie theaters with bars in them when you've had a couple of beers/glasses of wine before and during the show.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

OMG!!  I don't do the apps...but that one I would make an exception for.  Too funny!!  

It's a really well designed app.  You hit a start button at a certain point at the beginning, like when the lion roars for an MGM movie.  It then has countdown timers telling you when the next pee break will be, and the exact line in the script where you should leave.  It's amazing what you can make money with these days. 

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

It also should synchronize your bladder control to the movie scenes.🤣

Now THAT would be worth some money...give me complete control over when I would pee.  I'd pay big bucks for that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Hate to disappoint you, but I just did some research and found that the record for the greatest number of posts on any message board is in the neighborhood of 121,000!!!  I think that due to the nature of the topic (which of course was borne out of the whole 'lockdown' situation that we can all relate to in varying degrees), it has been left to just go on and on, diverging into general chit-chat about anything and everything. In "normal" times - especially with a topic that applied to gathering some sort of specific info, don't you think a moderator might have already shut this thread down? I've seen it happen all the time depending on the extent to which threads are monitored. On one forum that I'm a member of - if people get off-topic after a few posts there is inevitably a notice to refocus or else start a different thread for whatever concern or comment, etc. that does not pertain to the OP. If the off-topic responses continue, then threads are typically locked. In some forums, there is often a "anything else" or "living room chat"-type section of the forum. 

In this case, though, the whole "routine day in lockdown" thing is still sort of applicable. Even once (if?) the pandemic essentially fizzles out, I suspect this thread might just roll on and on. For me, personally, not being much of a social media aficionado other than to frequent forums to gain specific information rather than engaging in random chatting, I lost interest in this thread probably a few hundred pages ago and was astounded, after returning to CC after being away for an extended time, that this was still going. Rather unprecedented I suppose. I don't see anything even remotely comparable to it on any other parts of CC. Undoubtedly some would say that a thread that just goes on and on is probably a waste of bandwidth...I know...cause I've had people accuse me of it elsewhere. For the current times we're in, though, I suspect many have found it just a means of pleasant diversion and entertainment from the many new stresses we've all experienced since last year. 

The Brooklyn nostalgia message board that has been in existence since 1999 allows any topic except politics and any language except curse words.They do not keep a record of number of posts and there are no threads.

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Quite a few towns on the Jersey Shore.  Try google using the name of the town and "ice cream parlors circa early1970s"

I do not remember the name of the town.I tried googling ice cream parlors that are all white buildings but I cannot find it.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Wow! I didn’t know two people could have the same screen name on CC. 
I’ve had this name for 21 years. 

I’m surprised this is the first time there’s been a mixup. 
My  DH listens to me talk about CC, or pretends to, but is totally uninterested. 
He did join us for LCR on our 27 day cruise. And won a lot. 

I have played more than 100 LCR games and have yet to win,