Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Non-poisonous snakes don't bother me.  I thought at first it was a harmless one, until he stopped and looked at me, and I took a good look at him...yup....Viper head...poisonous.   

Ask Bucky about the king cobras and the two step snakes. ☠️

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh that's right!!  And no air bags.  😉  No child seats, and us kids loved riding in the back of the open pick up truck!  

Speeding down the road while sitting on the tailgate dangling your feet inches from the road. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We have bigger, busier brains. 

Oh...that's right you do, ....thinking about important things to ask us!    "Hey honey...what's for dinner?"    "Where are we going on this trip"?  "Did you pack my underwear"?   😄  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I started snow skiing in my 50’s. So hot I never wore anything on my head. Don’t remember seeing anyone in a helmet. 

I had been skiing since I was a little kid.  Bucky, however, was introduced to skiing when we went to Lake Tahoe..indeed in his 50s.  My sister and I did our best to take him on the scariest runs in Lake Tahoe, once he got a feel for it on the "bunny slope" first.  

Poor Bucky was not happy when he was "planted" face first in some really deep snow first time he wiped out.  But I have to hand it to him...he went from Bunny Slope to Black Diamond in just one day.  A real natural.  We loved it until it got just got too scary with these old brittle bones.  Sold our skiis.  😞 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

It opens here Friday, I will buy tickets today , we go to movie house with waiter and drinks , we also haven’t been to movie in 18 months. How did you like it?

It was very good, especially the opening.  Referenced a lot of the older movies throughout,  can't say too much, don't want to give any spoilers . Definitely more modern Bond. Lots of strong female characters.

We went midweek and midday.  Fairly quite and it is a very spacious modern theatre.  Lie back seats. Felt very covid secure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

They must be moving around right now.  My son had to remove one from the path to the pool at the resort he works at.  Security said it was not their job and maintenance said it was not their job so he grabbed it with a trash grabber, threw it in a bucket and relocated it across the street in a nature area.  I didn't find out till after the fact thank goodness.

Yeah, snakes deserve respect...and a wide berth around them.  😮  😉  

Did you get the heavy rain this last couple of days also?  It is not raining here in Grayton Beach right now, and the sun is out...but looks like only temporary from what I see over the horizon on the Gulf.  

Lets try this again.

Dani, good luck on those test results, hope all goes well. Scary when something happens in the family, and all are worried.   Prayers

Half my posts are lost in CC Land.

Stay healthy

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you like the movie?     We are thinking of going next week.    We have not been to a movie cinema since Christmas 2019 and I don't even remember what it was we saw.   

It was really good. Great gadgets, chase scenes, locations etc.  i would recommend going . 

He's looking older but still pretty good. 😍 

We picked our time and seats carefully and felt totally secure and feel happy to go again if there's another movie we want to see.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, snakes deserve respect...and a wide berth around them.  😮  😉  

Did you get the heavy rain this last couple of days also?  It is not raining here in Grayton Beach right now, and the sun is out...but looks like only temporary from what I see over the horizon on the Gulf.  

Yes rain, rain and more rain.  It is raining right now.  This morning I was at the refuge and we got a break long enough to clean all the habitats.  Then it started raining again.  Almost an inch here at the house since midnight.

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh...that's right you do, ....thinking about important things to ask us!    "Hey honey...what's for dinner?"    "Where are we going on this trip"?  "Did you pack my underwear"?   😄  

Hey! I’m a female! I’m not the one asking those questions!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Went to see the new James Bond film today. First time in a cinema for over 18 months. 

Pre pandemic we would go once every couple of weeks or so 

Would love to see that film!  But, alas...will wait until it comes out on DVD.  Not a fan of movie theaters.  I always seem to get someone kicking my chair behind me.  😣

• Like 3

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Would love to see that film!  But, alas...will wait until it comes out on DVD.  Not a fan of movie theaters.  I always seem to get someone kicking my chair behind me.  😣

Or those jerks on their cell phones talking or texting!!  🤬 I have no problem calling them out on it though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yay!  We are here at my happy place. Cars are both unpacked.

Great news,  there is a can opener😘

20211005_150338.jpg

Great!!  Now you don't have to call and loudly complain to the owner...or go next door to borrow one!!  😄 😄  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

The one we go to has huge lie back seats, like a lazy boy recliner. Loads of space all around, no way can you kick the one in front.  We had the back row anyway.  You have to see a movie like that on the big screen  IMO

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

And the cats eat this plant? 

My cat used to eat any plant she could find.  Luckily indoor cat, or I would have "recycled salad" on m floors every day!!  😮 Did have to get rid of all indoor house plants.  

She must have been part Cow.  🐮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

We used to have a bird feeder in front of our house, bird feeder attracted rats, rats attracted a rat snake which totally freaked out my wife, no more bird feeders for us (I know they are not poisonous) 

Ours at home attracts a LOT of squirrels, (fluffy tail rats) but my squirrel proof bird feeder I invented does the job of keeping them out 100%.  

Now...Raccoons...they can get into it if they are savvy enough.  Don't get them all the time, but when I start seeing them, I make sure to take the feeder in at night.  

My sister in law in Wisconsin has to take hers in as well...but it's not rats, squirrels, or Coons.  It's Bears!!  😮 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Ask Bucky about the king cobras and the two step snakes. ☠️

OMG...I just asked him.  Naturally I know about Cobras...but never heard of the "two step".  I asked him about it, told me about the green tree viper...and why it was called "two step".  Yikes!!!  😲

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Did anyone have lawn darts? We would all stand at one end of the yard while the person throwing the dart would see how close their dart would fall without hitting someone.

Those were also known as Jarts.  That was the word I tried to use in one post, but autocorrect changed it to human arts!😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2