Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

50 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We have bigger, busier brains. 

And the Mom gene that makes you wake up at any sound that might mean a problem for your children, or stay awake until your children get home.  You would think Dads would have a similar gene.  In my case, not so much.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, island lady said:

OK...now I have the "Spiders and Snakes" song in my head.  😉 

BTW...almost stepped on a Rattlesnake this morning that was laying on the sidewalk here in the park, trying to get out of the wet areas.  Yikes!!  Yes, I jumped pretty high...and backwards quickly.  😮 

They must be moving around right now.  My son had to remove one from the path to the pool at the resort he works at.  Security said it was not their job and maintenance said it was not their job so he grabbed it with a trash grabber, threw it in a bucket and relocated it across the street in a nature area.  I didn't find out till after the fact thank goodness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Cars without seat belts ,too

I remember taking long family vacation rides in the car.  I'd sleep up on the flat area by the rear window.  One hard tap on the brakes and I'd end up on the rear floor where you put your feet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me either or is it neither?.  If  I haven’t talked to you in 50 years, I don’t need to talk to you now!

If you all would think positive thoughts for Charlie we would appreciate it.  He has to go for an MRI to

check out some problems.  Wednesday morning early.

Thanks,

Marietta

Absolutely, Marietta.  You've got it.  Good luck Charlie.🙏🙏

2 hours ago, George C said:

It opens here Friday, I will buy tickets today , we go to movie house with waiter and drinks , we also haven’t been to movie in 18 months. How did you like it?

The only movie theater in the town I live in had a fire about 15 years ago and never re-opened.Nobody that I know living here missed the theater.Everyone seems to have Netflix.It is not the same as when we lived in Brooklyn when seemingly there were more movie theaters than any other kind of business.

• Like 1

I discovered an advantage on a cruise people around my age here have over the younger kids that post here.  This morning I asked Sharon if it was Tuesday.  She had no idea.  Then I reached for my meds container...... Oh, it's Tuesday. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

12 miles???  I'm happy when my step  counter tells me I achieved my 8,000 steps in a day!😅

When I was younger and healthy I met my friend Sal in Manhattan at 7th.Ave and 34 St.We would walk to the Williamsburg Bridge the turn around and walk to Central Park then turn around and walk back to where we started.We only did this on hot summer days in July..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I discovered an advantage on a cruise people around my age here have over the younger kids that post here.  This morning I asked Sharon if it was Tuesday.  She had no idea.  Then I reached for my meds container...... Oh, it's Tuesday. 😂

To me,you are a younger kid 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I remember taking long family vacation rides in the car.  I'd sleep up on the flat area by the rear window.  One hard tap on the brakes and I'd end up on the rear floor where you put your feet.

I never had that experience.My parents never owned a car.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We would tow friends on handlebars or sitting on the back. All over town. Gone for hours, and luckily, we all survived. 

Back when skateboards first started to become popular, we would tie a rope to the back of the bike and pull each other down the streets. No helmets of course.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Didn't get any more "hochme".... it says: ניפת חתולים.... nobody around me knows what's ניפת...

At least in Romanian, I understood it is some kind of [green] grass, apparently favored by those able to lick "distant" parts easily 😉

Here's what it looks like, Dani

image.jpeg.4cabbc0a1c3d46aadc87151f3455ddb6.jpeg

image.jpeg.60a85fd04d9eb87a464815e3f02039cb.jpeg

image.jpeg.8343a8b625e13576fcdcba33ea228002.jpeg

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Unless it was really Monday and you already forgot you took your Monday pills ten minutes ago. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Now time for the latest Owen sports update.

Selected for:

• High school Football 
  • Rep Baseball 
  • Rep Hockey 

It is going to be a busy fall and summer next year. The football season is going to be a limited one this year and the grade 9s do not play much.  If he is going to be the kicker that might change.

The hockey schedule is out and this year all teams in Ontario have no games over Christmas and March break, which means we can cruise without missing any games.  They decided this to give time to relax for all the kids.  I approve. 

Congratulations to your athletic son Owen!!  I'm sure you and Lisa will enjoy every minute of every one of his games.  I loved watching every basketball and softball game that our daughters played over the years.  It's so great that you'll be able to all cruise together over Owen's Christmas and March breaks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That would freak me out.  I absolutely hate snakes, cannot imagine seeing a rattlesnake.  Dont think I would go anywhere near that area again.

Non-poisonous snakes don't bother me.  I thought at first it was a harmless one, until he stopped and looked at me, and I took a good look at him...yup....Viper head...poisonous.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Non-poisonous snakes don't bother me.  I thought at first it was a harmless one, until he stopped and looked at me, and I took a good look at him...yup....Viper head...poisonous.   

We used to have a bird feeder in front of our house, bird feeder attracted rats, rats attracted a rat snake which totally freaked out my wife, no more bird feeders for us (I know they are not poisonous) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Cars without seat belts ,too

Oh that's right!!  And no air bags.  😉  No child seats, and us kids loved riding in the back of the open pick up truck!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2