Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

If I remember correctly, Lenny said he is the same age as Barbara Streisand and will have a big birthday next year.  She is 79.  So Lenny and Barbara will be 80 next year.

LOL!

Ya'll (all the talk about Savannah and river boats is making me type like Paula Deen!) will just have to wait for Lenny to do the reveal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Made it to the tournament.  One game in with a loss of 7 to 5 with their empty net goal at the end.

DBA30C84-8CB4-4000-A557-E61FC3519B2E.thumb.jpeg.9f02ec91f6343e7d84396fc78e404c4a.jpeg

Sadly, we also lost one of our players when he was taken out with a hit from behind in the first 5 minutes of the game. Their player was ejected from the game and by the rules of the tournament he should be for the entirety of it. He was from the host town, so at least he didn’t have a long drive of shame to get home. It is YTD if our player will play today in the remaining two games. we pretty much have to win both to play on Sunday. 

I did have an interesting app at dinner. A bowl of bacon with maple syrup for dipping. 

1166B240-A064-4310-B2B9-0B1F2F4CE612.thumb.jpeg.1efbe1fad59cf99edcbe01a362bacba0.jpeg

08D61A59-298E-429D-B3E9-FBEF61F19645.thumb.jpeg.3b56e1de4a7af9b8831bd6e965f4010d.jpeg

• Like 13

@A&L_Ont

Maple Syrup

When I was younger I never acquired a taste for maple syrup, ( Pancakes and French toast with butter was how I enjoyed them) however:

I remember a couple years back having lunch at a small shop at Niagara on the lake and they had Maple Cookies as a dessert option.  OMG, to die for.  They were the best cookies I ever had, well next to my own home made nut keffels.

I am glad the border is open once again, planning a weekend get a way to a "church" near Clifton Hill.

I wonder if they still make those cookies,? and if they do and I find them   it would be a great treat.

Take care

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This is the first time I have ever seen a mouse on a ship and I hope it's the only time. Good thing it's not real

Thank goodness it wasn't real.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I had my Pfizer booster at 9am this morning.

I registered and immediately got the jab and had to wait 15 minutes before leaving the centre.

Graham.

Wow Graham, you didn't waste any time getting your shot after just getting back home from Spain.  I hope you won't have any reactions to the booster.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I had my Pfizer booster yesterday, only side effects so far is a sore arm.  That large Margartia last night though might have fought off any other side effects  🙂

I'm sure you're right about the Margarita!  Glad to hear you only have a sore arm.

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

DW and myself got our Moderna booster yesterday.  No side effects at all, aside from the sore spot.  All is good.

A sore spot I can deal with.  Hope that's all I'll have when I get mine.

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Made it to the tournament.  One game in with a loss of 7 to 5 with their empty net goal at the end.

Hopefully, Owen's team will win the remaining games.

We watched our granddaughter Meghan's Field Hockey game on YouTube last night.  They have been undefeated the entire Season.  Unfortunately, the team lost 3-0.  I believe they were playing for the State Title.

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sadly, we also lost one of our players when he was taken out with a hit from behind in the first 5 minutes of the game. Their player was ejected from the game and by the rules of the tournament he should be for the entirety of it. He was from the host town, so at least he didn’t have a long drive of shame to get home. It is YTD if our player will play today in the remaining two games. we pretty much have to win both to play on Sunday. 

That is so obnoxious when a player intentionally hurts another player.  Hopefully Owen's teammate will be okay for the remaining games.  

I was a softball and basketball coach years ago.  One of the girls on my basketball team told me her dad taught her to trip the opposing team.  I was so taken aback.  I told her in no uncertain terms that she would be a bench sitter if I ever saw her try that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

What keeps a player faking an injury on a hard hit just to get the other teams best player out of the remainder of the game or tournament?

Is it strictly a referee's judgement call on the hit?

Edited by Jimbo

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This is on the Oasis. It was in the elevator and we both did a double take. Mike and I were thinking of riding the elevator up and down to watch peoples reactions, but we didn't have time. 

I was thinking the same thing.

This is the first time I have ever seen a mouse on a ship and I hope it's the only time. Good thing it's not real.

You are correct. 😁

Are you saying someone placed a fake mouse in the elevator?  Was that you?

• Haha 1

I have been away from reading this thread for a few days. Lots of things happening!

Mimi- Hoping you are on your way home today and sending good wishes for steady improvement.

Graham- Very good that you and Pauline and the girls had an enjoyable time in Spain. The location looked fabulous!

Wishing Owen a good tournament. Quite the experience for him. 

Good to see you posting, Lenny. Hopefully, your wife gets some answers about the painful legs. Perhaps it is arthritis? I think you mentioned that she is an RN? 

My mother was an RN and certainly put mileage on her legs walking the hospital halls while on duty. Later in life, she experienced a lot of leg pain and back issues.

SingingALot- I always wanted to go n one of those showboats either in Savannah or from New Orleans. Sounds like a fun wedding !

Dani- I am also an only child. But, I have been blessed with three close friends from HS. We are more sisters than friends.Each of them have no sisters, but they have brothers. Sometimes friends are our chosen family.

As for me and my DH, we got the Moderna booster yesterday. Sore arms today,but no other reactions.. We went to lunch at a diner we used to frequent pre Covid. Our waitress was one who often served us. We were very happy to see each other after being away for almost two years !

This week we are taking a cruise !

Really, we are getting a ferry from Port Jefferson to Connecticut to visit a friend. No matter that it is a ferry, we will be glad to be on the water,going somewhere !

To all the other posters here- I hope that you are feeling safe and loved today !

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What keeps a player faking an injury on a hard hit just to get the other teams best player out of the remainder of the game or tournament?

Is it strictly a referee's judgement call on the hit?

Since you ask, it was hit directly from behind and he went face first into the boards. Basically he was run over from behind, an official rule in hockey to which is not to happen. Being the first year of contact they have been instructed for years to not make this type of play. As for the possibility of it being faked, anything is possible but this is something not faked.  If anything, it happens by accident but all players are well versed in the rules but some don’t care.  I don’t think there was intent to injure but the rules are the rules. No matter the team this should not happen. 

As for the call on the ice, there is one ref and two linesmen at this age of players and the officials are at minimum 25 years old. Typically the are older than that and well versed in calls.  

After the other player went into the penalty box it took more than 5 minutes for our player to get up.  Once up he was assisted off the ice he went to the change room for concussion protocol testing.  He didn’t return from the change room until  the second period.

During that 5 minutes the three officials were in discussions of the play and once our player was on his feet the referee made their call for the 5 minute major and ejection. Tournament rules state the following about penalties, which are below in red.  This player could be suspended for his regular season of play as well if this was not his first offence by Ontario Minor Hockey rules. The experienced refs know what is expected and can discuss  with his fellow partners input about the play.

7C78AB8B-217F-4C47-BB8A-582B38011DEF.thumb.jpeg.54057e94bcb60e808e0038601c43cebf.jpeg

I sat with the trainer at dinner and he said he was happy he had his phone in his pocket in case they needed an ambulance.  People have been paralyzed from this type of hit. It doesn’t have to be a hard one, the player just has to hit the boards the wrong way. Here is an explanation to the hit from behind rule. Not a great modern video but an explanation of the rule.

Looking on YouTube this is comparable to the hit to give you an idea of what took place. Just without the horrible slow motion audio. This audio is horrible.

Hope the explanation helped.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Dani- I am also an only child. But, I have been blessed with three close friends from HS. We are more sisters than friends. Each of them have no sisters, but they have brothers. Sometimes friends are our chosen family.

You got it 100% right. Thank you.🌷

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2021 at 3:03 AM, sgmn said:

Our travel trade travel agents offers the basic cruise as well as the 'always included' deal .

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I wish it was still offered... For us, it was a perfect fit.

Our TA always gave us free gratuities, and sometimes, on top of that, OBC.

We always travel anyhow with a wifi plan on our phones in order to be in touch with the kids, so the ALL included is wasted on us 😢

After us talking about Celebrity I started researching and doing mock bookings.  Although Celebrity is advertising "all inclusive" it’s more of an option.   The prices advertised is not the all inclusive.  All inclusive was about $200 more per person. I would say it is more of a bundle that both would have to get if chosen.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Good grief, what next? Taking the easy route on the elevator.

20211110_182259.jpg

Just follow the rats...they will lead you out!!  😉  

Thought it was real at first...but I am guessing this guy was a plant??!!  😉    Did he ask you what floor the WJ was on?  😆

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4