Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

I think I'm going to basically leave this thread. As was recently mentioned, it's way too active in terms of too many pages (on a daily basis) to even keep up with!!!  All the best to everyone who is part of this "routine day in lockdown" family!  Many thanks to all those who liked my kayaking pictures!!!  

Take care....

Dont let the number of unread pages be intimidating.  I often only read back 4 or 5 pages at the most,  so unless there is a topic that lasts that long, I probably do miss a lot.

But I usually find the current topics interesting and even if I join in mid-conversation, I can catch up fairly quickly reading the quoted replies. 

I did enjoy the kayaking pics.  Enjoy and take care... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I really fancied some blinis.... It's ages since I ate some.... or, more than "some" 😉

I raised the "issue" before DH, but he didn't seem inclined to raise from his "post" on the sofa.

I took a deep breath, and decided to tackle the "issue" all by myself.

After a few blinis, DH came to visit the "scene". I call it "quality assurance" visit. He seemed relieved that I seem to be doing OK, and went back to the living room (aka sofa).

I ate them all, well, I took pity on DH and got him one.

Before

blini.jpg

and right before the last one disappeared. I'm full and happy.

blini1.jpg

Very nice Dani.

Pauline made a lovely lunch today.

Graham.

IMG_20211118_155254.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

All the best to everyone who is part of this "routine day in lockdown" family!

Speaking of the thread's title.... while one of my motto's in life is "if it's not broken, don't fix it", I decided to heed Pat's suggestion ( @island lady), and I think also John's ( @Ozark_Kid to change the "lockdown" word.

So I've asked at "CC Help" to change it from "in lockdown" to "during COVID".... so far, no reaction...

May be @Biker19 has another suggestion, please?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes, I was thinking of her too.  I checked yesterday and she hasn't posted since the 11th.  Unfortunately, you can't see anymore if someone has logged in as you used to be able to see.  @jagsfanMimi, we are all thinking of you.  

I check profiles to see if anyone who hasn't posted for a while has reacted to posts and Mimi last reaction was on November 11th.

Sending prayers 🙏 for Mimi.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Speaking of the thread's title.... while one of my motto's in life is "if it's not broken, don't fix it", I decided to heed Pat's suggestion ( @island lady), and I think also John's ( @Ozark_Kid to change the "lockdown" word.

So I've asked at "CC Help" to change it from "in lockdown" to "during COVID".... so far, no reaction...

Dani, how long ago did you notify CC Help? Good name change but to me nothing wrong if original name is kept. It just brings to mind how far we've come in this covid nightmare.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have been thinking of Mimi since she last post.  I would love to see even a quick short visit so we would know all is ok.  I know CC has her email account but I don’t see a way to get to it.  Just thinking her or someone might sometimes check it.  My concern is There has been no trace of her and that seem out of the ordinary especially after what she has gone through.  Continue the prayers.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I think your title is just fine.  We all know how this thread has morphed. 😉  That is life.  

Will add to your broken quote..."Let sleeping Dogs Lie".  😄 

Once again thank you so much for creating this very popular thread.  You did well and we have all enjoyed the journey....err...being home or not. 😁

Edited by island lady
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been thinking of Mimi since she last post.  I would love to see even a quick short visit so we would know all is ok.  I know CC has her email account but I don’t see a way to get to it.  Just thinking her or someone might sometimes check it.  My concern is There has been no trace of her and that seem out of the ordinary especially after what she has gone through.  Continue the prayers.

Pauline created a cc account when I couldn't post to let people know I was okay.

Graham.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I really fancied some blinis.... It's ages since I ate some.... or, more than "some" 😉

I raised the "issue" before DH, but he didn't seem inclined to raise from his "post" on the sofa.

I took a deep breath, and decided to tackle the "issue" all by myself.

After a few blinis, DH came to visit the "scene". I call it "quality assurance" visit. He seemed relieved that I seem to be doing OK, and went back to the living room (aka sofa).

I ate them all, well, I took pity on DH and got him one.

Before

blini.jpg

and right before the last one disappeared. I'm full and happy.

blini1.jpg

I was not familiar with blinis so I had to look them up.  Just about all referred to them as Russian Blinis or Russian pancakes.  Martha Stewart showed small ones served with caviar on them.  They look smaller and thinner to the traditional pancakes here in the states.  Here many put butter and maple syrup on them.  What difference do you see in the two and how they are served or used.  I am tempted to make some.

• Like 1

8D5542A8-1A04-40A7-959A-D51E02F1038D.thumb.jpeg.3d14c5f9c93194e54b96fdb916da8e5a.jpegI baked bacon for the first time.  I used to fry but lately have microwave.  If it tastes as good as it looks I’m baking bacon for awhile.  I am trying to use up the last of the garden tomatoes.293980F7-4908-45A0-8CD7-1D38541DF61C.thumb.jpeg.985e726dd452fb5ff484f4d2d338dbfd.jpeg

Edited by Ozark_Kid
Added the sandwich
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

They actually did that once in the very beginning...I think some of our friends complained...and it was brought back to the RCI boards.  

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I baked bacon for the first time.  I used to fry but lately have microwave.  If it tastes as good as it looks I’m baking bacon for awhile.  I am trying to use up the last of the garden tomatoes.293980F7-4908-45A0-8CD7-1D38541DF61C.thumb.jpeg.985e726dd452fb5ff484f4d2d338dbfd.jpeg

Pauline never fries bacon.

She always cooks it in the oven like you did.😋

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I'm bummed now. Just found out my April 2023 cruise on Jewell to Tortola BVI is being cancelled. Gotta see if there is another sailing to get me to the Soggy Dollar on Jost Van Dyke.

WAIT WHAT? Where did you hear that? We are on that cruise with you, and I haven't heard anything? 

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I baked bacon for the first time.  I used to fry but lately have microwave.  If it tastes as good as it looks I’m baking bacon for awhile.  I am trying to use up the last of the garden tomatoes.293980F7-4908-45A0-8CD7-1D38541DF61C.thumb.jpeg.985e726dd452fb5ff484f4d2d338dbfd.jpeg

Between the picture of the blinis and the bacon, you guys are making me hungry!  If I had bacon in the house, I would be making a BLT right now! 😄 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Other than moving it to the Floataway Lounge, no. 

I was asking about changing the thread's wording, but thanks anyway 🌷

@island lady

They actually did that once in the very beginning...I think some of our friends complained...and it was brought back to the RCI boards.  

No, Pat, it was never moved 😁

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Between the picture of the blinis and the bacon, you guys are making me hungry!  If I had bacon in the house, I would be making a BLT right now! 😄 

This was an English breakfast Pauline made for me.😋😋

Graham

IMG_20211103_123225.jpg

• Like 8