Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owens football team is headed to city finals. Owen scored 7 points, with two field goals and a PAT. Even better, he also finished his math test before heading to the game this morning.  

Hockey practice tonight. We just picked him up  from school. He just watched his “unofficial” girlfriend’s basket ball game. They won too.

He’s a bit quiet/shy about it but she travelled 45 minutes with her mom to watch one of Owen’s hockey games.  We have met both of them as well and she seems nice. 

DEE9FA8F-3DA4-456F-B50D-0D031535D486.thumb.jpeg.61aae6d4332751dfaecdc6166cb5703e.jpeg

C2323548-E98E-48C6-8F2F-3FFEBB1ECFE0.thumb.jpeg.f5680a11154ff558c720cc4ee28b503e.jpeg

Ahh, how sweet🥰

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We call it Black Pudding in England.

It has an acquired taste but we usually say No Black Pudding when we order as it is on a traditional English breakfast.

Eric does not like it, but I love it.     When I stayed at the Rubens, I had it almost every morning for a week.   I have had on several cruises before but not as good as the kind they had at the Rubens.     

• Like 2

Today was our family eye doctor's appointment. $800, 4 pairs of glasses and 3 hours later I found out the reason I've been having pressure in my right eye is because my prescription last year was too strong causing the muscles in my eye to strain. SMH!!  I visited a new eye doctor in 2020 because my previous eye doctor was shut down due to covid. The 2020 eye doctor's new business partner figured out the mystery.  So now lucky me, I have progressive glasses and computer glasses. Boy, maturing sucks!!!  But THANK GOD for HSA and that I'm still on this side of the dirt. 🤣😂

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Ohhh, Andrew, how special 💘 

Yes, they are.... but, when finally they "came clean 😉", they came to "momsy" first 😁

🥰Very sweet indeed.

Now Owen must be rolling his eyes and thinking, those damn anunties of Cruise Critic!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I have wanted to try that but I am worried about how much of a mess it makes in the oven.  I know that a lot of the chefs bake their bacon but they have other people who clean up.  

II thought that it might be harder to clean up but you might be surprise like I was.  Use a cookie sheet that has a lip/edge.  Line is with aluminum foil then set your rack in it.  The rack is optional but the bacon when done seems less greasy and crispier.  The aluminum foil catches the grease.  Not much to clean up.  Took about 20 minutes at 400°. I can’t see me doing any different after trying it this way. I bet you will like it.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

C15F6D74-39C0-49DB-A101-55548CA733A5.jpeg

My twins have a December birthday and when they were little they complained about this and having to share their birthday too. They decided to celebrate their 1/2 birthday in June. They will be 27 in a few weeks and I'm still surprised at how many people wish them a happy 1/2 birthday.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owens football team is headed to city finals. Owen scored 7 points, with two field goals and a PAT. Even better, he also finished his math test before heading to the game this morning.  

Hockey practice tonight. We just picked him up  from school. He just watched his “unofficial” girlfriend’s basket ball game. They won too.

He’s a bit quiet/shy about it but she travelled 45 minutes with her mom to watch one of Owen’s hockey games.  We have met both of them as well and she seems nice. 

DEE9FA8F-3DA4-456F-B50D-0D031535D486.thumb.jpeg.61aae6d4332751dfaecdc6166cb5703e.jpeg

C2323548-E98E-48C6-8F2F-3FFEBB1ECFE0.thumb.jpeg.f5680a11154ff558c720cc4ee28b503e.jpeg

I cannot wrap my head around the fact that Owen has a girlfriend???

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

C15F6D74-39C0-49DB-A101-55548CA733A5.jpeg

My brother’s birthday was December 23.  I know there were more than a couple occasions he received one bigger gift than a smaller gift for Christmas and birthday.  My brother was born exactly 1 year and 9 months after my birthday.  I figure on my 1st birthday mom and dad were looking at how wonderful I was and thought, we just have to have another! 😂…..  Might of been…. Maybe if we try again things will work out better.😝 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What is the reason for cancellation?   seems early to cancel 2023 cruise.    

That's what I thought. No they did not give a reason. I'm so bummed I really wanted to go to the Soggy Dollar in Jost van Dyke.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My twins have a December birthday and when they were little they complained about this and having to share their birthday too. They decided to celebrate their 1/2 birthday in June. They will be 27 in a few weeks and I'm still surprised at how many people wish them a happy 1/2 birthday.

My son also has a December birthday.  We have never done a half birthday, I asked once and he just rolled his eyes.  His is early enough in the month that we always held off putting up Christmas decorations until after his birthday.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's what I thought. No they did not give a reason. I'm so bummed I really wanted to go to the Soggy Dollar in Jost van Dyke.

Did you get an email or something in writing from someone @Sea Dog ? Can you share it with me? pbhunt at pacbell dot net  We haven't heard anything. We will take a refund, but I might have to call them, since that is well after the expiration of  Cruise with Confidence. 

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Greg, I found you one.... and on an excellent ship too....

7 Days Caribbean-Eastern

Celebrity Cruises • Celebrity Apex
Fort Lauderdale, San Juan, Tortola, Basseterre, Fort Lauderdale
1 departure dates: Apr 08 2023

Thank you for the info Dani. We will stick with Royal Caribbean because we are closing in on the last level...if they would quit cancelling our cruises. If Jewel is indeed cancelled, it will be the fifth one we have lost. :classic_sad: More than some. Not as many as others. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

While we're all concerned about Mimi, that's a "line" I wouldn't even dream of crossing. Everyone here is entitled to reveal and participate as much as he/she is comfortable with.

I choose to hope, along with @Arzeena, that Mimi has lost her phone.

Do you remember a few years ago when Rachael had not posted in awhile on the board that you,Bonnie and I posted on and we did everything to try and find if she was okay ?

26 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My son also has a December birthday.  We have never done a half birthday, I asked once and he just rolled his eyes.  His is early enough in the month that we always held off putting up Christmas decorations until after his birthday.  

Their birthday is also early, Dec 2. They came up with the idea of 1/2 birthday because they have to share the day and it gave them another reason to celebrate. We have never done anything for it other than say "Happy 1/2 Birthday".

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

🥰Very sweet indeed.

Now Owen must be rolling his eyes and thinking, those damn anunties of Cruise Critic!

He’d be embarrassed if he knew all his “Aunties” here knew. 😀

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I cannot wrap my head around the fact that Owen has a girlfriend???

She is in his math class, and turns out one of his old grade 8 classmates knew her from basketball camp earlier. She introduced them to each other.

I only wish she didn’t live 45 minutes away.🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh man this retirement thing is exhausting. So much to do since we have been back. Finishing up the review, unpacking and laundry, grocery shopping, yard work, retirement party planning for this weekend and finally Christmas decorating. I've got one tree up 8 more to go. I'll be in and out. Things should get back to normal starting next week. I hope all of you are well. Thank you again for your support and comments on the review.

Wow I thought we were bad, we have 6 trees.

Disney Tree         Down Stairs (Movie) Entertainment Room

Sea Shell Tree    Sun Room

Twi Light Tree     Master Bedroom

Fairy Tree             Guest Bedroom

John Deere Tree   Guest Bedroom (Man Cave)

Phillies Tree           Living Room  9ft

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline never fries bacon.

She always cooks it in the oven like you did.😋

What temp and for how long?

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have to check that out. Thanks

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Have to check that out. Thanks

I love my cuisinart   Big enough to roast a chicken or turkey breast.  Convection oven, broil, air fry, etc etc.  I bake pies and cakes in it too.   Can even do pizza, just not full size.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My son in law has a December 25th birthday.  He says he always felt cheated.  

We have always made a point to celebrate his birthday, separate from Christmas. 

I'm a Christmas baby.  When I was growing up we would celebrate Christmas in the morning and birthday in the evening.  No combination gifts allowed, and no Christmas wrapping paper on my birthday gifts.  My family still continues that practice today.  I can't complain!

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

II thought that it might be harder to clean up but you might be surprise like I was.  Use a cookie sheet that has a lip/edge.  Line is with aluminum foil then set your rack in it.  The rack is optional but the bacon when done seems less greasy and crispier.  The aluminum foil catches the grease.  Not much to clean up.  Took about 20 minutes at 400°. I can’t see me doing any different after trying it this way. I bet you will like it.

Agree, tried baking about a year ago, will never fry again if I don't have to.  Cooking on the rack the grease falls under and the bacon stays crispy.  I do scrape the fat out of the pan to use at a later time with other cooking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thank you.  I am going to try it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Do you remember a few years ago when Rachael had not posted in awhile on the board that you,Bonnie and I posted on and we did everything to try and find if she was okay ?

Lenny I know you meant well BUT I remember that time very well and I personally did nothing to find out why Rachel stopped posting,  The two situations are totally different.  Rachel lived alone and stopped posting one day never to be heard from again, so posters were concerned.  One poster finally uncovered that Rachel had passed away.  May her memory be for a blessing.

Mimi, on the other hand, went thru a serious surgery, is not alone, is surrounded by a loving family. Her privacy should be protected.  Unfortunately, although we hope for the best, we fear the worst so Mimi not posting is not a mystery as it was with Rachel.

I hesitated responding and I apologize to everyone, especially Dani  but sometimes when I see my name mentioned (typed?)  I have to voice my concern/opinion/defense. This is certainly not why this thread was created.....slinking away quietly

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Agree, tried baking about a year ago, will never fry again if I don't have to.  Cooking on the rack the grease falls under and the bacon stays crispy.  I do scrape the fat out of the pan to use at a later time with other cooking.

I need to save the fat.  We have a place called Farm to Fork that sales grass fed beef.  The hamburger has a different taste to it.  Others have said they save bacon grease and mix it with the hamburger to give it a different taste.

• Like 1