Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

John, I am so sorry that this has again happened to your family.  

Thanks.  We are thankful we were all able to enjoy Thanksgiving eve together.   Missed out on the plan to have the Grandkids at Gpa's and Shashey's.   They love it at our house, later bed time and more Icecream!  Our house, our rules! 

57 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no, hope whoever tested positive is okay and is just asyptomatic🥰

To me it really doesnt matter what you eat just being together is the important part of the holidays.🎄

It was our YD's DH.  Later that evening his temp went to 102.4.  He says he is feeling better but he doesn't look like he is.  Sharon told him to drink more water 💧 😃 I told him, then drink more! First time I have told a SIL to drink to much!  Your right, getting with family is great.   Thankful for even the short visits.

Hope this is not crazy size text.  CC keeps messing up so I pasted this in 🤪 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2021 at 9:53 AM, Luckynana said:

…I love turkey sandwiches with lots of mayonnaise, on white bread (that's the only time I buy white bread..specifically for my turkey sandwich), with a cup of Egg Nog.  Heavenly!!

We're all  traveling up to Connecticut for Thanksgiving at our oldest daughter's home.🦃

Turkey, mayo and about 2 layers of pickles. The best sandwiches ever. 

On 11/22/2021 at 11:38 AM, BonTexasNY said:

…I have 4 choices of stores; Walmart, Kroger, Tom Thumb, Sprouts. All near me.  The Tom Thumb name makes me giggle but not as much as Piggly Wiggly. 🤭

When we were driving today I saw my first Sprouts Farmers Market. Are they like the typical grocery store or different?

On 11/22/2021 at 3:51 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, I never heard of WaWa.  I never saw one in NJ.  All I need are a few items for a fresh salad.  

I also haven’t heard of them until about a year or so ago. That was the first time I saw one in Fort Lauderdale. They are now popping up everywhere.

On 11/22/2021 at 6:27 PM, Keksie said:

Samantha is really growing.  She is such a good cat and so much fun.  She a bed in my craft room so she can nap while I work.  

1249392578_Samantha20.thumb.jpeg.882cddf559797919dac7d6c23263a554.jpeg

She is getting very big. Do you know what she weighs?

19 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Turkey, mayo and about 2 layers of pickles. The best sandwiches ever. 

I didn’t think to add pickles!  I read this,  checked the fridge and noticed we have just enough for my next turkey, Mayo, pickle on a homemade roll.  Thanks.  Also I put pickles on the shopping list.

• Like 4

On 11/25/2021 at 11:18 AM, helen haywood said:

What’s wrong with this picture?  Your sister is wearing sandals but Bucky is wearing closed toe shoes!

LOL...he wimped out.   Got down to 45 degrees that morning.   Poor little tootsies were cold.  Me, I had flip flops on.  😉 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We had shared food preparation,Toby made desserts,her sister made meatballs and sweet potatoes with marshmallows.My daughter who hosted made everything else,her husband was chief taster,my other daughter made delicious cookies,her husband drove the 4 hours that it took to get there.I hung out with the dogs.

Pleased you had a great time with your family Lenny.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Mine was GREAT!  It was my birthday so I got some cruise-related gifts (including a "Voyager Of The Seas" hat, which I am going on next year!) and as a gift to myself, I decided to book my very first zipline ever at Cocoa Cay!

Happy birthday.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 2

Sister gave us our Binex tests this morning just before we left the condo.  Feeling very positive to be so negative!!  😉 😄  

Got home to unpack, will repack tomorrow.  Waiting on new washer and dryer delivery tomorrow morning from Lowes to do the rest of my laundry.   

At least it will be ready for me now when we get back from the cruise with 2 weeks of dirty laundry.  😮 

Will have some of it done on the ship...but there is always plenty to do...and the dreaded ironing.  😝

• Like 4

On 11/22/2021 at 6:43 PM, George C said:

I rarely eat leftovers except for Turkey, I still make my fathers stuffing which is my favorite part of the meal , we make a large meal even though it’s just the two of us then freeze a few portions .

We do the same thing for leftovers. I love the stuffing I make. It has lots of celery, mushrooms, olives, pecans or walnuts and some onion. I don’t care for the stuffing that is mostly bread.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:00 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Greg:

Since you have your Christmas display my suggestion for you to Google is Dyker Heights Christmas

and

Frank Seddio Christmas

Dyker Heights is in Brooklyn and people come to see the Christmas displays from all over NY and NJ

Frank Seddio is a Brooklyn politician who has been decorating his street and other streets for more than 40 years.

Some people we know will be on the Great Christmas Light Fight this year. I’m not sure how long they have been doing it, but they raise money for a dog charity. 100+ Abandoned Dogs Of Everglades Florida. We go by every year.

On 11/24/2021 at 7:59 AM, island lady said:

Having to suddenly buy a new washer (and added dryer with it) we found the Veterans discount would not "stack" she called it.   Was marked down on discount (but not that much).   She told us it was not combinable.  But when we bought all our new kitchen cabinets, counter tops, dishwasher, fridge from them 4 years ago...which was all on sale, the discount applied.  

Not sure why this was different on these.  I was more upset about it than Bucky.  

We have also been told this. I always ask the to scan the code anyway and see what happens. It will sometimes allow the extra discount.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So sorry your Thanksgiving meal was not a good one.  I have never had a smoked turkey or one that looks and taste like a ham.  

Enjoy making your own traditional meal tomorrow.  

I agree....I don't mind smoked sliced turkey breast picked up at the store for sandwiches, but not a whole turkey of it.  😮 

• Like 3

Just now, island lady said:

I agree....I don't mind smoked sliced turkey breast picked up at the store for sandwiches, but not a whole turkey of it.  😮 

The last time I ate turkey was when my mother told me that if I did not eat it for dinner that night there would be no listening to the radio for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Bon voyage. I hope you have a fantastic cruise on the Edge.

Graham.

@helen haywood

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great ports.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise.

@George C

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pleased you had a great time with your family Lenny.

@lenquixote66

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday.

@broadwaybaby123

🌷 + 1 🌺

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We have also been told this. I always ask the to scan the code anyway and see what happens. It will sometimes allow the extra discount.

Indeed I had the woman in the appliances department check to be sure.  Then I had the cashier at check out...check again.   

Doesn't make sense to me that most things are 10% off with Veteran's discount, even if on a really good sale...then some are not available even if on a minor sale.  🤔

Oh well, at least we are getting the new washer/dryer set pretty quickly.  A lot quicker than I thought we would given how many things seem to be on back order everywhere.  😮 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

She is about 6 lbs. now.  Still the smallest of the group.  My other cats are 20 lbs., 17 lbs., 13 lbs., and 12 lbs.

Many years ago a friend of mine had a cat with a very fat tail.Duncan would sit on the top of the console TV, hit the screen with his tail and the channel would change.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6