Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Not me. I'm quickly learning to hate it. After not having bought a car since '95, it has been a heck of a steep learning curve trying to absorb 26 years of technological innovations. Then, having finally started some test driving a few months ago, there are now hardly any cars on the lot with the exact model and trim that I'd consider buying. No way will I buy sight unseen. So, I'm giving up for now. I'm content with my old car, which still works great. I can live without all the bells and whistles. Plus, I don't see any car on the road that I like anywhere near as much - interior and exterior-wise - compared to what I have. Most cars nowadays all look basically the same. The same old 'tear-drop' shape. Then, many cars now have the ugliest front grilles I've ever seen. Sorry for the rant, but I've been considering a new car now for the past 3 years and still aren't any closer to actually buying one. The semiconductor shortage issue really put the kibosh on it. It doesn't help the process go any easier in that DW and I have only bought 4 cars in 40 years of marriage!   

I have been unable to drive since 2003 due to medical reasons. but in 31 years of driving I only bought 2 cars.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I had not shared that my husband Dan was sick but sadly he lost his fight with cancer early this morning.  At least now he is at peace.  He went peacefully in his sleep in a Hospice Care Center

Ellen, I am so sorry for your loss.  Thinking of you and sending prayers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I had not shared that my husband Dan was sick but sadly he lost his fight with cancer early this morning.  At least now he is at peace.  He went peacefully in his sleep in a Hospice Care Center

Oh my, I am so sorry to read this. My sincere condolences.

FB_IMG_1637587376573.jpg.630f6cdaea11b9932a6adcfa6f11884b.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been unable to drive since 2003 due to medical reasons. but in 31 years of driving I only bought 2 cars.

So sorry to hear of your medical problems and limitations. I didn't know till I came across some of your posts about it a few pages ago. But, yeah, going from 1995 technology to getting acquainted with the new car features really took some doing. At this point I know what most of them are, generally speaking, but just can't decide on a car. Maybe one of these days...or months...or years....

20 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

LOL!!! Absolutely! I test drove an Avalon - nice enough car - quite nice actually but I KNOW I'd hate the thing every time I either wash or look at it due to the front grille. Agreed on GM, but they don't have much out there anymore that really interests me. LaCrosse was intriguing, but they're no longer available in the US (at least I believe I'm correct about that). 

When I last bought I was going to hold off another year but there was nothing interesting me other than Buick's Lacrosse and since I knew it was the last year of production I decided to pull the trigger a year early. I'm really glad I did. I like the car a lot and it was a buyer's market back then. I felt I got the car for a price that I was comfortable paying.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I am so sorry this happened.  Stay strong and yes, he is at peace.🙏

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is wet and cold.

It has been exceptionally windy overnight and still windy now.

A very large tree has blown over and is resting against a property in our close putting a big hole in their roof.

Our front and back garden is full of leaves and branches blown from nearby tree's.

We are staying at home today.

Graham.

We have 26 mph winds gusting to 40 mph.Toby had to go out for Physical Therapy and had to drive over a bridge which is not fun when it is windy but she had no choice.She got the results of her recent MRI and it was not good.She has a Compression Fracture ,Spinal Stenosis and all the discs in her back and neck are herniated.I also have spinal stenosis and the same herniated disc problems.She went to two doctors this week.The doctor who ordered the MRI told her that surgery was a possibility but to try Physical Therapy first.PT has not helped me but recently I was referred to a therapist who is from Israel.He studied there and is now in NY and recently opened an office 10 minutes from where I live.I had a phone conversation with him a few days ago.He has a different approach to PT and works with just one patient and gives the patient his total attention.I have an appointment for an evaluation on December 9.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Ellen I am so sorry and my sincere condolences of the loss of your beloved Dan. At least he is in peace and no longer in pain. May he live on forever in your heart.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Thinking  of  you, may your memories  bring you comfort.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

So sorry to hear of your medical problems and limitations. I didn't know till I came across some of your posts about it a few pages ago. But, yeah, going from 1995 technology to getting acquainted with the new car features really took some doing. At this point I know what most of them are, generally speaking, but just can't decide on a car. Maybe one of these days...or months...or years....

There have been times when I have been very depressed since being diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2014 but being with my loving family and posting on CC makes me happy.The people like you and all who post here are so very nice.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Ellen,

I only "know" you from CC, where you sometimes mentioned Dan in your posts. I remember his handsome picture, which you've posted no long ago. I assume he was already sick then....

Even if you are "prepared", when it comes it is still tough, while being relieved that his suffering and pain have ended.

Sincere condolences for your loss.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, molly361 said:

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have 26 mph winds gusting to 40 mph.Toby had to go out for Physical Therapy and had to drive over a bridge which is not fun when it is windy but she had no choice.She got the results of her recent MRI and it was not good.She has a Compression Fracture ,Spinal Stenosis and all the discs in her back and neck are herniated.I also have spinal stenosis and the same herniated disc problems.She went to two doctors this week.The doctor who ordered the MRI told her that surgery was a possibility but to try Physical Therapy first.PT has not helped me but recently I was referred to a therapist who is from Israel.He studied there and is now in NY and recently opened an office 10 minutes from where I live.I had a phone conversation with him a few days ago.He has a different approach to PT and works with just one patient and gives the patient his total attention.I have an appointment for an evaluation on December 9.

I hope this new doctor can help you and Toby Lenny.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your dear husband Ellen.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and most sincere condolences for your sad loss.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

Ellen, sorry to hear you lost your husband.  You and your family will be in my prayers.

• Thanks 1

Ellen, so sorry to hear that Dan passed away.  You are in our thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ellen, please let me add my condolences to the others that posted in here.  Prayers to you for strength.  May Dan's memory always be a blessing.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope PT can ultimately help you and Toby.  The new therapist sounds promising.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Ellen,

I only "know" you from CC, where you sometimes mentioned Dan in your posts. I remember his handsome picture, which you've posted no long ago. I assume he was already sick then....

Even if you are "prepared", when it comes it is still tough, while being relieved that his suffering and pain have ended.

Sincere condolences for your loss.

For someone whose mother tongue is not English, you always have the knack for saying just the right thing.  Where words fail me, your comments are always spot on. The above quote, which I agree with, is just one example.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1