Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  🙂 

Right now it is cloudy, but I don't care what kind of weather it is...just want to get on the ship!!  😄 

Leaving for the port in a couple of hours.  Suitcases in the SUV...ready to go.  🤗

Have a great cruise. Hope to hear ftom you during the week.

I’m enjoying the pics posted of Christmas decorations.  Ours will go up late next week. 

To those sailing today, I hope you have wonderful cruises and can’t wait to hear about them. 

I’ve done quite a bit of Christmas shopping the past few days, mostly online, and I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised that I’ve been able to get everything - so far anyway.  A few years back, we adopted a policy for the Grandkids for Christmas gifts of :

Something you want

Something you need

Something to wear

Something to read

This keeps us from going overboard & buying a bunch of stuff they don’t want, don’t need, etc.  

When we were in vacation earlier this month, both my SIL’s ordered smoked cocktails at the nicer restaurants.  I think the were smoked Old Fashioned’s?  Anyway, I ordered them each a Cocktail Smoker Kit.  I’d like to also give them each a nice bottle of bourbon to go along with it.  I’m looking for recommendations from the bourbon drinkers here - i think @Sea Dog and @bobmacliberty?  Nothing crazy ( that I’d have to go to St Maarten for LOL), just a good quality bourbon, one that might lend itself to a gentle smoke flavor.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Looks delicious, we didnt celebrate ThanksGiving this as one of our closest relatives passed away, nothing to celebrate really.. In any case, happy thanksgiving to those who do celebrate, I wish you and your families stay strong and healthy 

So sorry for your loss.😢

57 minutes ago, island lady said:

I will be the one with tall dark and handsome.  😉 

Aw, that is so sweet, Pat!  Have a wonderful time on your cruise!🛳️

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks Graham.  It used to feel so normal packing and getting ready for a cruise...now after almost 2 years...I feel like a newbie again!  😮  😉 

Feeling like a newbie in the best of ways!

28 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Have a splendid cruise!

I can’t imagine the feeling again of driving to the port and seeing our big beautiful ship waiting for us. 
I hope you enjoy every minute!

Mimi, the day will come when you and Dick will be on board again.  Right now, your job is to get better and stronger with each new day.  We all are just so happy to hear from you!!❤️

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Trying to decided on the scenic way, (longer) or the straight shot down the highway.  Hmmm....may be too anxious to do the scenic.  😉 

Have the greatest time on your cruise!

22 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

We’re driving I-95 to 595 to Park ‘N’ Go.  If you see a white Tahoe, wave!

Have the " bestest" cruise!!!

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve done quite a bit of Christmas shopping the past few days, mostly online, and I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised that I’ve been able to get everything - so far anyway.  A few years back, we adopted a policy for the Grandkids for Christmas gifts of :

Something you want

Something you need

Something to wear

Something to read

This keeps us from going overboard & buying a bunch of stuff they don’t want, don’t need, etc.    

What a great idea!!!!

• Like 2

I downloaded the Royal Caribbean app this morning. 

How has it been for those who've already cruised and used it?  I read some reviews that said it works great, others that said not so much, and that it was frustrating.  

26 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I am steeling or should I say borrowing the sled and skate Idea.

Classy!

Have to give my wife credit for this idea, it was all her idea.

Search "sled flyer", most people don't even know the real value of them" on face book market place. You will be surprised how many people are selling them.  The older the better, some are really worth a lot of money.

• Like 3

So yesterday we traveled to Kent Ohio to watch 

"Thee Miami of Ohio"  red hawks play the Kent State University "what-evers"

Pull up a chair, oh, your sitting on one. This could take awhile.

The play by play that is.

Get a cup of coffee.

Now

Finally it is time for the play by play account of the game.

It went to OT

The Kent team scored touchdown/extra point.

Then the Redhawks scored touchdown 

Drum roll

Quarter back gets the ball, rolls back left

Pass to endzone,

Missed

Redhawks lose.

Kent MAC champs

Playing in Detroit on Saturday.

While Miami goes home and waits to hear if their in a BOWL game.

The bowl games will be announced December 5th.

There are many bowl games, they should make something.

Stay warm

To all those sailing this weekend, may you have fair winds and following seas. 

This was the sight out my window this morning.  I guess I don’t have to do leaves today!!

3F443046-B454-4642-8FD3-38A72A55D302.thumb.jpeg.3b4b2c49f6348c48c0dff14254f510e9.jpeg

Instead, we are off for a winter hike, and a special program at the mill.  Maybe pictures later. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It depends on what and how you use it and any IT issues on board. In general, it's nice to have.

Thanks Biker!  I sure hope it works well for me in April.  I wonder if I have to get a Celebrity app for my February cruise.

31 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you so much!  You beat me to it.  

Presents have been received in NJ for tonight's festivities.

Amazon is my friend.

I ordered 3 things on Amazon for two of my granddaughters on Friday, and they arrived yesterday.  Thank you, Amazon Prime!

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This was the sight out my window this morning.  I guess I don’t have to do leaves today!!

Beautiful picture, Mark!  I'm heading outside to do the leaves before our weather changes.  We're just expecting snow flurries here.  I just wish the sun would come out...I need some energy today!

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is late afternoon here.

The weather has stayed under 0°C all day.

There was 2 inches of snow on top of thick ice on my car this morning so it took me 20 minutes to clear it before getting ready for church.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham!  May you and Pauline have a wonderful day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I went to my local Shoprite for food shopping this morning and they have fresh and frozen turkeys on sale for $0.19 lb and fresh or frozen turkey breasts on sale for $0.39 lb.

For that price I couldn't resist and grabbed 2 turkey breasts for around $3.25 each (little over 8 lbs) and will put in extra freezer in the garage to cook this winter. 

I was amazed how many turkeys they still had.

they also had all kinds of pies on sale for $1.99 each - couldn't resist. 

Off to run the tractor out of gas, remove battery and put in basement on a float charger, winterize the pressure washer and make sure snow blower is all ready to go!     And clean up odds and ends in the garage and put patio furniture furniture into the shed.     Cloudy and chilly but no wind today.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

.  I wonder if I have to get a Celebrity app for my February cruise.

Celebrity does have an app.  For some reason, it looks remarkably like the Royal app. 😉

Everyone headed to the port got me searching for more cruises, and I just booked an 8 day Southern on Allure going to Aruba and Curaçao in May.  The price with all our discounts was insanely cheap today.  Less than $1,300 total for a balcony.  How could I pass that up?

• Like 5

Thanks for all the well wishes.  It was just Dan and I here, no kids, so I have no family in Florida.  That said, I just purchased a very expensive plane ticket to go to NY to spend Christmas with my family.  Can't remember how many years it has been since I spent a Christmas up there.  

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’d like to also give them each a nice bottle of bourbon to go along with it.  I’m looking for recommendations from the bourbon drinkers here - i think @Sea Dog and @bobmacliberty?  Nothing crazy ( that I’d have to go to St Maarten for LOL), just a good quality bourbon, one that might lend itself to a gentle smoke flavor.  

My go to Bourbon for cocktails is Woodford Reserve.  You should be able to find it just about anywhere and it's reasonably priced.  But I've not used it for a smoked cocktail (I don't have a smoker).  I've only had smoked cocktails in bars/restaurants where they choose the bourbon, and I don't recall what bourbon was used.  I've read that a smoked cocktail should use a higher proof bourbon to stand up to the smoky taste. Woodford Reserve is "only" 90 proof.  Old Forester 100 proof is often mentioned as a good higher proof bourbon for cocktails, but I've not tried it. 

If you want to buy them something that is also good neat or on the rocks (and probably available near you), I really like Old Forester 1910 (93 proof).  Elijah Craig Small Batch (94 proof) is also a good choice for cocktails and can work well on its own.  Same for Buffalo Trace (90 proof), which may be harder to find.  

You can also go into your local liquor store, if they know about bourbons, and ask what you should buy based on what they have in stock.  There are a lot of really good bourbons out there today that don't have as big a name.  A knowledgeable store owner can point you in the right direction.  If you're planning on giving them each a bottle, and depending on how much you want to spend, I'd go with the higher proof Old Forester 100 for the smoked drinks and one of the other lower proof bourbons that I mentioned for either mixed cocktails or neat/rocks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Over the summer, we were in a good habit of walking a couple of miles every day.  We've gotten out of that habit and decided that post-Thanksgiving, it would be good to get back into walking.  We started this morning with a 2.5 mile walk to the beach.  It was a little cloudy and cool (54F) but always nice looking at the ocean.  The clouds made for some interesting reflections from the morning sun.

APC_2593-hdr.thumb.JPG.9bb12045ea6e12bcdf80b2e9dd37f2e2.JPG

• Like 15

TSOTD:

Tonight at sundown begins the 8 day celebration of Hanukah.My daughters bought me a tee shirt only to be worn on the holiday.The writing is in Hebrew and English.I will write the Hebrew words in English and translate.

On the holiday children spin a top called a dreidel.It has 4 sides and there is a Hebrew letter on each side.

On the tee shirt is a picture of a dreidel but with only two letters.

Aleph which is the letter A and Bais which is B,

The shirt reads This Is How I Roll

Happy Hanukah to all who celebrate

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

TSOTD:

Tonight at sundown begins the 8 day celebration of Hanukah.My daughters bought me a tee shirt only to be worn on the holiday.The writing is in Hebrew and English.I will write the Hebrew words in English and translate.

On the holiday children spin a top called a dreidel.It has 4 sides and there is a Hebrew letter on each side.

On the tee shirt is a picture of a dreidel but with only two letters.

Aleph which is the letter A and Bais which is B,

The shirt reads This Is How I Roll

Happy Hanukah to all who celebrate

Happy Hanukah Lenny and to all of my Jewish friends here!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3