Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I am looking for some parking recommendations from our Florida friends here, for sailings from Miami.

Whenever we do our winter holidays, with post holiday cruise, we have usually sailed from Ft. Lauderdale, and parked at their port.  This year, we are spending Christmas/New Year at a house in Ft. Lauderdale, then sailing on January 2 from Miami for two weeks.

We will have to leave quite a few things in the vehicle (golf clubs, beach wagon, beach tent, boogie boards, etc., etc.), so I want someplace secure.  I am leaning toward parking at the port in Miami, and I know it would probably run around $350, but I figure it may be more secure than offsite. 

Where do any of you park for Miami departures?

Just ordered our at home tests today for that cruise.  I figured it may be hard to find someplace in FL for New Year Eve or New Year day for a test.

• Like 4

Well, after rain , snow, flooding in the backyard. The “ man cave” is soon to be done. We laid our momento by the door in the newly wet curing cement. 10 days from now the girls.           ( GTO’s) will have a new home.   

Happy in Ohio. 

B72AD638-E42C-415F-B865-972D3D433685.jpeg

C83F7EE5-4E40-47FA-A818-B74D5EF5AD33.jpeg

• Like 12

They are making progress on the deck.  I think the original thought was to be finished by the end of next week.  Not seeing that happening.  They only work Monday through Thursday.  Maybe the week after.  They still need to roof and screen in the far side and replace the siding with faux rock.  They are doing a good job.

image.thumb.jpeg.01a1d16d6ee7e23c7f121b427e155439.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.517683bdb0189de433ffc85c9372ed54.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4354bafba30b727af384c4fd386d6242.jpeg

• Like 15

35 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Well, after rain , snow, flooding in the backyard. The “ man cave” is soon to be done. We laid our momento by the door in the newly wet curing cement. 10 days from now the girls.           ( GTO’s) will have a new home.   

Maybe you should call it a Goat Cave.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I am looking for some parking recommendations from our Florida friends here, for sailings from Miami.

Whenever we do our winter holidays, with post holiday cruise, we have usually sailed from Ft. Lauderdale, and parked at their port.  This year, we are spending Christmas/New Year at a house in Ft. Lauderdale, then sailing on January 2 from Miami for two weeks.

We will have to leave quite a few things in the vehicle (golf clubs, beach wagon, beach tent, boogie boards, etc., etc.), so I want someplace secure.  I am leaning toward parking at the port in Miami, and I know it would probably run around $350, but I figure it may be more secure than offsite. 

Just ordered our at home tests today for that cruise.  I figured it may be hard to find someplace in FL for New Year Eve or New Year day for a test.

I always park at the Port in Miami. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I looked up the port construction and some mock pics of what it will be like.  It should be nice.  One time  there we thought we would go rent a car and drive the island.  They were out of rentals.  They suggested riding around the main island on the local bus.  It was a couple bucks each. There were 3 young locals that sat near us and were pointing out all the neat stuff.  Like tour guides.  They knew the driver and a couple places they asked him to stop so we could shoot some pics!  We had a lot of fun.

We love hoping on the local buses wherever we travel to, cheap and always fun!    My parents taught me that many years ago as they used to do the same.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They are making progress on the deck.  I think the original thought was to be finished by the end of next week.  Not seeing that happening.  They only work Monday through Thursday.  Maybe the week after.  They still need to roof and screen in the far side and replace the siding with faux rock.  They are doing a good job.

image.thumb.jpeg.01a1d16d6ee7e23c7f121b427e155439.jpeg

Looks great - I really like the deck boards, nice color!

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It looks great, John!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have parked at the port in Miami several times. It was safe and very convenient, I do not remember the total cost.

• Like 1

We drove up to New Hampshire today, about 1.5 hours from home. Did a fair amount of Christmas shopping at the outlets in Merrimack and we’re spending the night at the lovely Bedford Village Inn ( we come here every year).  Tomorrow we’ll hit a mall in NH in the way home to finish the majority of our shopping (bonus points: no sales tax in NH).  

• Like 6

On 11/29/2021 at 2:48 PM, Sea Dog said:

Coming soon hopefully on December 23rd, Meet our newest family member,

Elizabeth or "Lizzy" as we will call her.

She’s so cute.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:09 PM, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lenny.

I must have got a cancellation but I am glad to have the opportunity to get rid of the basal cell carcinoma on the side of my brow.

Graham.

That’s great you will be getting it taken care of soon.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:15 PM, island lady said:

Standing on the balcony when we got up in the middle of the night to smell the fresh sea air, glance up at the moon and stars, and feel the sea wind in our hair.....we both hugged and commented about how wonderful it was to be back on a ship again.  🥰

Going to enjoy this next 2 weeks!  🤗

Enjoy your cruise. 2 weeks is nice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We drove up to New Hampshire today, about 1.5 hours from home. Did a fair amount of Christmas shopping at the outlets in Merrimack and we’re spending the night at the lovely Bedford Village Inn ( we come here every year).  Tomorrow we’ll hit a mall in NH in the way home to finish the majority of our shopping (bonus points: no sales tax in NH).  

I was in NH today too.  I went up to help my Mom with her Christmas decorations.  She lives on the Seacoast but I was at the Merrimack Outlets the week before Thanksgiving.  I go up there at least once before Christmas.  There is a really good Christmas Tree Shop just down the highway a few exits.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We love hoping on the local buses wherever we travel to, cheap and always fun!    My parents taught me that many years ago as they used to do the same.

I completely agree. I've had some great conversations with locals while riding buses. We have ridden buses in Bermuda, St. Maarten, and other Caribbean islands. I really enjoy interacting with local folks.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

@dani negreanu I too wake worrying about kids, grandkids, the world, but do not have the worries you do.  Saw this earlier, hard to do when there is littleoeaceto be found,  but please know you are not alone.  Same goes for all the worriers out there.

FB_IMG_1638317091803.jpg

Those few words have SO much meaning.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I have no idea why RI can't survive on a tax structure modelled after NH. This state is so damn money hungry.

2 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Momof3gurlz. @reallyitsmema 

Well , that’s not fair .  I should be in New Hampshire . I’m right from that area .  I’ve stayed at the Bedford Village Inn .  Instead , I’m stuck in sunny San Diego where the temp today was 73° F .  

73° F sounds so good to me right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

73° F sounds so good to me right now.

It gets boring . It’s always nice , here.   My first trip , which was a senior high school trip , was to Roger Williams Park , in RI .  My first taste of travel.   

No news from Jane . I was thinking of her and her family, today. 

Edited by NHProud

6 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Momof3gurlz. @reallyitsmema 

Well , that’s not fair .  I should be in New Hampshire . I’m right from that area .  I’ve stayed at the Bedford Village Inn .  Instead , I’m stuck in sunny San Diego where the temp today was 73° F .  

It was 24F when I left this morning!  I was going to wear a heavy sweater since it was so cold but I am glad I didn't.  My Mom's condo was like 80.  I was glad I had to keep going out to the storage closet on her balcony, at least I could cool off a bit. 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1