Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Actually the day went better than we could have hoped. The service with open casket and flag drape was held outside. It was about 75 degrees and mostly sunny. Everything went smoothly and the honor guard really added to everything. They did the 3 gun salute, did taps, and the flag folding ceremony where they presented the flag to my mom. Even the chairs were covered with a nice material with flags on it. The pastor did his talk about being a veteran and said he was a vist nam vet. My dad had been a vet from world war II. Everything went like clock work. We are glad its behind us as the service going well was worrisome but it could not have been nicer. 

We even got a huge spray of flowers saying beloved uncle, but they werent signed so now we have been guessing who sent them. We asked several who said no, so now mom thinks maybe my cousin who owns a flower shop. Mystery flowers. The weather was perfect and the service also perfect and behind us. Even the location was perfect. They said to set up the tent and chairs they needed more space and did it along a drive with lots of field behind, not right at the grave. I think not having to see the grave was easier on mom. .. and probably me too. I choose to not follow the casket to the grave and stayed with mom. Just watched from where the service was. Mom said she was able to eat later on last night her stomach knots were better. Mine too. Kudos to the american legion. 

I’m so glad the service was just right. 
It’s so hard getting to that day and hour, and having it be done beautifully is so very comforting. 
I wouldn’t have followed the casket to the grave, either. That’s just too hard for me. 
Now your lifetime of  memories can resurface and make you and your mom smile or laugh. 
Never stop talking about the loved ones who leave us. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

One of my favorite Christmas songs is Stevie Nick's version of Silent Night. I play in a contemporary music group in church and we do Stevie's version at Christmas.

Do you ever sing Gregorian chants at your church ? I think the sound is heavenly.  

40 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Do you ever sing Gregorian chants at your church ? I think the sound is heavenly.  

The traditional music group has occasionally done some. I think the setting makes a big difference. I have heard it in the grand basilicas in Italy where it really fits. I don't get the same appreciation in a regular church, or maybe it was the people doing it.

It is also not the type of mysic that I would enjoy doing. I don't like doing a capella either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have used the public buses too, especially in St Maarten and Bermuda.  Very easy to get to Maho Beach on the bus.  Everyone says good morning when they get on the bus and the bus driver told us he would tell us when it was our stop and showed us the best spot to get a bus on the way back.  People even passed their fare from the back of the bus up to the driver, not something you would ever see on a bus in Boston!  In Bermuda, it is considered rude if you do not acknowledge the driver as you board and exit.  Everyone we encountered was very helpful telling us which bus to transfer to as we were making our way back from St George to get back to the Royal Dockyard.

I also enjoy seeing the school children get on the buses in Bermuda and how well behaved they are too!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just learned of this new youtube festive studios, hopefully this link posts ok.

You can watch live all the activities at the north pole with the elves, etc.  How cute this is

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCV6DmwkZvzxiDuVn1lsNRoA

According to the clock in the lower left, the North Pole is 5 hours ahead of EST.  Interesting. I thought the North Pole didn't have a time zone. Or, more accurately, was simultaneously in all 24 time zones. 

The things an idle mind will ponder. 😁

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

According to the clock in the lower left, the North Pole is 5 hours ahead of EST.  Interesting. I thought the North Pole didn't have a time zone. Or, more accurately, was simultaneously in all 24 time zones. 

The things an idle mind will ponder. 😁

The time was the first thing I noticed too!

we are currently docked in St Maarten , along with Celeberity Edge and a P.O ship. We wanted to go to orient beach, but rccl is waring about problems as late as yesterday and told everyone to avoid thr french side, cloudy anyway , tonight dinner at Giovanni's , Giovannis has the best wine list of any specialty restaurant, we didn't get drink package so we buy a nice bottle with each dinner (and some lunchs ) we also get 5 free drinks because of our diamond plus status and anything we want at suite lounge each happy hour. Pub has a excellent guitar player singer and Jazz club has a great itilian group 3 of the four are from Sicily (were my grandparents came from in 1890) , internet is terrible .

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Isn't that GMT.

Yes!

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Exactly.  That’s where Santa’s night would have to begin, and then work his way around the world. 

I guess that makes sense.  Originally I was thinking whatever timezone the International Dateline is in. But since so much is based off GMT & that is where Father Christmas is from (I think), it makes sense.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NHProud said:

@Momof3gurlz. @reallyitsmema 

Well , that’s not fair .  I should be in New Hampshire . I’m right from that area .  I’ve stayed at the Bedford Village Inn .  Instead , I’m stuck in sunny San Diego where the temp today was 73° F .  

A friend of mine moved from NY to San Diego many years ago and always spoke about the wonderful weather.Two years ago he moved to a small town in Oregon that gets 50” of snow a year.

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I posted this on the Bella thread but thought I would post it here too.

Earlier John mentioned best Christmas song ever. I don't know if everyone knows this about me but I collect Christmas music as a hobby.

Ever since I was a kid I've loved Christmas music. I remember falling to sleep at Christmas time listening to the Christmas albums my mom and dad used to play every night. The Andy Williams album was my favorite.

I now have over 30,000 songs that I have collected which include the good, the bad and the ugly. For the past 17 years I have been making Christmas mix tapes and Cd's for friends and family of interesting Christmas songs that one may not hear all the time.

This year I have gone digital and made a Christmas mix that can be downloaded for your enjoyment if you like. I repurpose old album scans and I author under the name Greg's Swank Pad Lounge. I love the old 60's stuff.

1844949760_2021GregsSwankPadLoungePresentsChristmasInTheAirFront.thumb.jpg.bba5f375965e34c532892e308ec7ab70.jpg

So if you like Christmas music and want to listen to some new and old and some unique feel free to download unzip and play.

Here is the link. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oso6uml09bav2vn/2021 GREG'S SWANK PAD LOUNGE PRESENTS CHRISTMAS IN THE AIR MIX.zip?dl=0

I have posted this before but it bears repeating.The company that I worked for sent me to every floor in the 20 story building that they owned to sing Christmas songs.I had a different sound for every floor and tried to have a different song for the 25 years that I worked there.After a while I realized that there were not that many songs or perhaps I did not know that many songs so I wrote new songs to existing music.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I also enjoy seeing the school children get on the buses in Bermuda and how well behaved they are too!

They are generally well behaved. I remember once when a group of kids were waiting at their bus stop, a guy riding a scooter came around a corner, skidded, and ended up on the ground. The kids started applauding.😏

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The “kid” enjoys Covid-free worries

surfing in Sri Lanka….

Dani, I am so happy that your son is enjoying himself surfing on vacation.  I'm sure it is making you so happy so see him doing so!

Our 16 year old granddaughter Ava has been a surfer for a few years now.  She was telling me about her date last week, and she told me he is in her surfing club at school.  Surfing club at school?  I had no idea a High School had such a club!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Dani, I am so happy that your son is enjoying himself surfing on vacation.  I'm sure it is making you so happy so see him doing so!

Our 16 year old granddaughter Ava has been a surfer for a few years now.  She was telling me about her date last week, and she told me he is in her surfing club at school.  Surfing club at school?  I had no idea a High School had such a club!  

Web surfing club? LOL, just kidding.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Surfing club at school?  I had no idea a High School had such a club!  

California??  I've never heard of surfing club but it makes sense.  Growing up in Buffalo, I was part of the school ski club.  We learned how to snow ski.  If you live at the beach with no snow...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

California??  I've never heard of surfing club but it makes sense.  Growing up in Buffalo, I was part of the school ski club.  We learned how to snow ski.  If you live at the beach with no snow...

We're in South Jersey, Bob!  😁