Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 hours ago, sgmn said:

My youngest son has been feeling unwell since Tuesday but several LFT were negative until finally on Wednesday it was positive. He had his PCR test yesterday which has also come back positive.  So far he just has a cough, headache and feeling tired.  It was his 30th birthday weekend away this weekend which has now been cancelled.  Hoping my DIL doesn't get it. 

So fed up with this now.......😒

Thanks you everyone for your lovely positive comments.  He doesn't seem any worse, a little fed up with isolating , the room he's in doesn't have  TV but he's got his tech and media to keep him occupied.  Isolating is 10 days from symptoms so hopefully he'll be released  on Christmas Eve.

Booster was due next week but that's going to have to be pushed back now.

They've rebooked his birthday treat for Valentines weekend.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So I received my Golden Ticket today!  
Many of you ladies may relate to this.  I had my annual mammogram last Thursday.  I always refer to this time of year as “hell week”.  My mother died of breast cancer at age 67.  Now granted, she didn’t go to a Dr for literally more than 30 years ( she was afraid they’d find something wrong with her - ha) and there isn’t any other family history but it’s still always in the back of my mind.  Plus, about 75% of the time I get a call back a few days after the mammo to come back in for an ultrasound.  My mind immediately goes to worst case scenario, even though I know this is common. I’ve also had a cyst drained & biopsied (clear) - stress through the roof for an extra week on that one.  So anyway, I’ve been dreading the call back since last Thursday. Each day that goes by without a call, I feel a little better.  Today in the mail I receive my “ all clear”, telling me everything looks good, see you next year.  
I told myself if everything was good, we’d book a trip somewhere warm during Jan or Feb.  But now I’m ticked off that with the way this virus is going, that’s not the best idea 🤬.  Maybe we’ll just rent something in FL for a few weeks, we can always drive. 
Anyway, I deserve a glass of wine or 4 tonight.  

Pleased you got the all clear Deb.

In the UK all women are routinely invited from the age of 50-70 every 3 years for a mammogram.

Over 70s can request a mammogram.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, akcruz said:

Thank you for posting the email.  We are scheduled to sail the beginning of Feb and have been trying to decide if we are going, final due early January.  This may tip it to no.  We wear masks when needed but this may be a bit much.

We both have our boosters and are scheduled for tests Monday to let the daughter be comfortable bringing the unvacs grandkids.  So done with all of this.  You just start feeling OK and they wham you with the next one.  Just done at this point ☹.

You are welcome.  I will not post my thoughts since I have been told on other threads that everyone is well aware of my stance and since it goes against how they think I shouldn't post.  Or words to those effect.  I also try to keep this thread neutral since I love this thread and the people who post here.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It is late morning here and 34°F and sunny.

It is 2 years today since I had my heart attack.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham 

Good to hear you are still doing well after two years. 

It is 35°F and it looks like we will have rain all day here.  Looking forward to our grandkids showing up later to open their Christmas gifts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I hope you didn't have to wait too long, Debbie!  How are you feeling, since it's been 4 or 5 hours since your shot?

Sorry I couldnt respond last night, CC problems and none of my usual tricks to get it to work worked.  

In total took about 45 minutes with the required 10 min wait after the shot.

Last night I had minor headache and upper arm is sore this morning.  I tossed and turned all night and slept in till 830 this morning.  Otherwise I feel okay and ready to start my cookie baking🤩

• Like 4

Had a safe 5 hour drive to our first stop the party source in Kentucky to purchase our Christmas beverages. Then headed back to Ohio, Oxford area to visit with the DD and SIL. Spent the night golfing. Well for me trying. The DH did pretty good.  Today off to Columbus to see the NCAA volleyball tournament. Both teams playing we love.  We will be very happy with whoever wins. 

BA255EA6-418F-47EF-8E0C-5C7059943C5B.jpeg

E0ECE02E-E9CB-44F6-8527-2A5418E6E968.png

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

Since California (and Royal Caribbean) just went back to mask mandates. I just purchased a 100 more. :classic_rolleyes:Only $8.49.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08XNHCQCG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is a great price.   

I was surprised the pharmacy was handing out n95 masks yesterday for everyone getting a booster.  They even had a bunch of different stickers and coloring pages for the kids.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Deb, glad for you and wishing you many more years of "golden ticket".

Luckily, I have no history of cancer in my immediate family, but I'm all for "preventive" measures, and, if a test is available, I take advantage. Here a "mammo" is provided free for over 60 (every 2 years), and my family doc always "supplements" it with a referral for an US at the same time.

Might save you time and stress 75% of the time?

Thank you Dani.  Here they’re done yearly, I don’t recall the starting age (maybe 40?) - OB might know.  The facility I use does only breast imaging and years ago they would do an US at the same time if my Dr ordered it so.  Then they switched to only doing US as a call back and when I questioned it, they claim it’s an insurance issue; there has to be a reason found to do the US. 🤷🏻‍♀️  Maybe I should check around to see if other places would do both.  

• Like 3

Feeling grumpy and Covid-mad this morning.  Tonight I was to have 5 of my closest friends over for our annual (except last year) Christmas get together.  Two just texted me they have to cancel because they just learned they were exposed at work (they work together).  So we’ve decided to postpone since it’s not the same without all of us.  Probably after the holidays at this point, but who knows what things will be then.  
At least Andy won’t have to find somewhere to go to watch the Patriots game tonight.  

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is a great price.   

I was surprised the pharmacy was handing out n95 masks yesterday for everyone getting a booster.  They even had a bunch of different stickers and coloring pages for the kids.  

Were the masks made in China?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is 2 years today since I had my heart attack. Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham 

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Good to hear you are still doing well after two years. 

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So happy that you are well and enjoying life💕

19 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I hope you see this “anniversary” for many years to come Graham!

+ 4 👍  (It must have been a frightening experience...)

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Feeling grumpy and Covid-mad this morning.  

So sad. It seems that we've completely lost any control over our lives... 😢

@singinalot , @island lady, @StanleyandGus - 🌺

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

You are welcome.  I will not post my thoughts since I have been told on other threads that everyone is well aware of my stance and since it goes against how they think I shouldn't post.  Or words to those effect.  I also try to keep this thread neutral since I love this thread and the people who post here.

I think your thoughts are just fine. And the people criticizing you have no problem posting their own position over... and over... and over....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Had a safe 5 hour drive to our first stop the party source in Kentucky to purchase our Christmas beverages. 

BA255EA6-418F-47EF-8E0C-5C7059943C5B.jpeg

Five hours to get to a liquor store? I will never again complain about the one stop light between my house and the office.☺

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

25 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Feeling grumpy and Covid-mad this morning.  Tonight I was to have 5 of my closest friends over for our annual (except last year) Christmas get together.  Two just texted me they have to cancel because they just learned they were exposed at work (they work together).  So we’ve decided to postpone since it’s not the same without all of us.  Probably after the holidays at this point, but who knows what things will be then.  
At least Andy won’t have to find somewhere to go to watch the Patriots game tonight.  

Well, if that means you are going to have some unneeded food and alcohol around.......😇😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Spent the night golfing. Well for me trying. The DH did pretty good.  

E0ECE02E-E9CB-44F6-8527-2A5418E6E968.png

Is that the Topgolf in West Chester?  I used to live about 5 miles from there.  Oxford is a fun college town.  My oldest daughter almost went to Miami but ended up choosing OSU instead.

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations, Deb!  You definitely deserve a glass of wine.  Since all is good, and this darned virus is not letting up, renting something in Florida is certainly a way to go, if cruising isn't in your cards right now.  I'm sorry that you lost your Mom to this dreaded disease.❤️

MaryAnn:

I saw that you posted something about Forked River a few days ago.I have a question.Years ago Toby had a cousin who retired from the NYPD and moved to Barnegat with his family.Soon after he had a party of relatives and friends most of whom were retired from the NYPD.The party was at a restaurant in Forked River.One of his friends came over to me and asked if this was my first time in the area and I replied that it was.He told me that the name of the city is not Forked but Fork Ed.I never knew if he was kidding or serious and never asked anyone.I totally forgot about this till I saw your post.Is that correct or was he kidding with me ?

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 4 👍  (It must have been a frightening experience...)

So sad. It seems that we've completely lost any control over our lives... 😢

@singinalot , @island lady, @StanleyandGus - 🌺

Thank you Dani.

It was a big shock but fortunately I took 3 aspirin soon after feeling an unusual discomfort in my chest which must have thinned my blood enough to prevent a more serious Heart attack.

Graham.

• Like 7