Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They should let people book shows on line pre cruise like we used to be able to do to avoid people being in lines.

Just my thoughts too. So I asked. Was told that they do not know what performance will be on or have "technical difficulties" since many of the performers/crew would be in transition and have to quarantine on ship when they join. Yadda yadda yadda. So they did away with pre booking till you get on board.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Just my thoughts too. So I asked. Was told that they do not know what performance will be on or have "technical difficulties" since many of the performers/crew would be in transition and have to quarantine on ship when they join. Yadda yadda yadda. So they did away with pre booking till you get on board.

They gave us a similar story in October.  They don’t book until on board because they don’t know what they will have available.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It was the 2nd story, followed an Orange County shooting. Pretty much nothing. She seemed calmer on the phone than from her keyboard😉

I didn't get a chance to share my thoughts, the thread locked about 5 minutes after the piece ended.

I have to agree.
She didn't say much but she had her 5 minutes.

On here she was advising someone in a similar sit to set twitter on fire and us social media.
There is a LOT out there posted by other people, some with kids, etc on social media.

Number of + floating around: 300 on H, 200 on A........I take that with a pich of salt, at that rate I don't think anything would be floating!😁unless that is the current scientific trend and they are lending a hand approaching herd immunity.

My only thougths about the lady: I hope the kid is OK🙏. I hope Mom has calmed down and moved on.
I wish her peace.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Debbie.  I'm glad your son is feeling so much better now.  Good news about his Fiance!

Stat warm, Debbie.  You'll be in sunshine soon!!!!

FYI - it is snowing in NJ.   I hear LBI has snow covered grounds and wet roads so far.    Nothing here in Bucks County, PA - just really cold morning and cloudy.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

They probably didn't film all she has to say to them , only a 5 minute piece. Says  the News Channel contacted Royal, but no one has got back to them yet to respond. and how many were really infected on that sailing.

I'm sure the CDC will be following up with Royal to find out exactly what was going on

Hall way was bad, no way it should look like that. Items should be picked up more regularly, since this was a Quarantine area.

I tried to find her interview online this morning but couldn't.     Do you have a link to it?

Finally back from the second part of our holiday trip.  Spent another hour catching up with the 25 pages that I missed.  Wow.  

I may have already said this, but we had 4 couples get together for a combination golf, 50th birthday, and New Year's Eve celebration.  The husbands went to a golf resort in the middle of nowhere Florida called Streamsong Resort.  It really is in the middle of nowhere, about an hour south of Orlando.  You go there and you stay there.  There are 3 courses that are all spectacular, and all rated in the top 50 in the US.  The courses are built on an old quarry and sand dunes and have a very surprising amount of elevation changes for central Florida. 

The onsite hotel and restaurants were also great.  My only problem, and it's enough to keep me from wanting to go back, is that they take a very "minimalist" approach.  They want a pristine golfing experience so almost no signs telling you where to go (which was a problem on many holes where you couldn't even see the green) and you must walk (other than after noon when you could take a cart).  The walking part just about did me in.  I'm not used to pulling a cart for 18 holes up and down the hilly courses.  I hired a caddy for the second and third courses which helped, but I'm still sore today.  I've become "Florida soft" riding in a golf cart all the time.  Streamsong is a golfing bucket list destination.  Check.

There wasn't enough to do at the resort for the wives (only 2 of them play golf) so they all met at a condo in Bradenton that one couple is renting for the winter.  They enjoyed a couple of days of beach (Anna Maria Island), shopping, and food/drink.  When the guys were done with golf, we met the girls at the condo and watched the Bama vs. UC CFP game.  Since we all lived in the same neighborhood in Cincinnati, it was not the outcome that we wanted, but the outcome that we expected.  We rang in the new year together and then were asleep by 12:30. When did we get to be so old??

Time to spend a couple of days relaxing and recovering from our recent driving and physical activity.  Then, time to jump on the new year's resolution to get into better shape by walking and hitting the gym.  We'll see how long that lasts. 😁

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Not a drop yet where I am sitting. Yayyyy!🤞

None here either. 

4C2CB99E-AE6C-4BC0-A186-ED8DC695043A.thumb.jpeg.950e89ccf4a4077824f418926faf1b32.jpeg

So my Pennsylvania grandson said they got the worst of the deal, after everyone left our rental house. He said some got to go on a cruise, some got to go to California, and they had to go back to Pennsylvania snow. 🤣🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

On 1/1/2022 at 4:18 AM, sgmn said:

Here's a link to Lulu's song last night

On 1/1/2022 at 8:40 PM, George C said:

Love animal house, Shout is also a theme song for the Buffalo Bills 

As a proud, card-carrying member of the Bills Mafia, I need to post the below video which has the correct lyrics for Shout. 😉

Buffalo wedding receptions will often play the original version of Shout, and then immediately follow with the Bills version.  It's enough to make everyone get up and dance.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

No. Bonnie. Just click around, I think it turns blue. Remember the Test Forum. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/860-test-forum/

And unless you try it, you are not going to learn how to do it. Just practice quoting some people on there and deleting. :classic_biggrin: That is what it is for. 

It worked!!  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Place the curser below the box then tap the backspace button twice.

Thanks!  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The lego fan has completed his Christmas gift. Has working parts.  Love the variety of things that can be built with lego these days.

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Wow! That’s amazing!

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Unbelievable 

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow!  I would have never guessed that was built with legos.  Amazing what you can do with legos nowadays. Great job🤩

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Amazing. Last time we were in Orlando Florida there was an amazing Lego store in Disney Springs. Graham.

+5 👍

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So now my niece AND her husband have covid. 

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yes the whole family is vaxxed 3x. Hope he feels better soon with no lingering symptoms.

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear they have covid.  Hopefully they are all vaccinated and will be okay🤩

+1 👍

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We have plans to meet 8 of our friends for lunch tomorrow in a very busy restaurant .  All vaxxed. Two were on a plane coming to TX from Ohio on Friday.  Should I be covid concerned? 😕

YES, and that's the first time I'm saying it.... Cases just crop around me. First my friend, who is still stuck in NY. Got it on the plane, since she's done on PCR 2 days before flying, and then on arrival. Symptoms started 3 days after.

Seconds, friends who visited their son and brand new grand daughter in Raleigh - same, but worse. Tested twice [before and after the flight]. Their visit in US went without a hitch. Tested before flying back to Israel, but their original flight was cancelled and they flew with 2 other cancelled flights, not in the original seating [they had Prime Economy to sit just the 2 of them]. They found themselves with another lady, who coughed and coughed. They were both with FFP2 masks on the whole flight. Tested negative on arrival to Israel. HAD to quarantine for a week nevertheless, since US is code "red". After 3 days from arrival, the hubby started to feel unwell, and a day after, the wife. Positive.

All of them vaxxed and boosted...

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We had another glorious 35C (95f) day today.  Grabbed a nice table outside, only to have the waiter race over to them and say “sorry girls, we have to shut immediately.  The Chef has just tested positive”.

@BonTexasNY ......

13 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Been an interesting day here.  My DH woke up feeling sluggish and said he had cold and hot spells part of the night and than towards morning woke up really sweating. 

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Lionesss hope your husband makes a speedy recovery.  Dogs are so protective when we are sick.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Crummy way to start the year, but way better than over the last two weeks. 
I hope your DH has already had the worst of it. And that you don’t get it!

+3 👍

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@dani negreanuSo sorry to hear about your SIL.

Thanks, Renee, appreciate the kind words.

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

It breaks my heart what you and your family are going thru. Here is the place to vent and no one will judge you. It’s a great place to be and hoping you find comfort and peace. ❤️

+1 👍

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our first date was at a scuba club meeting at the local swimming pool.  ....

Never did finish my training though 

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Sue, I love your How We Met storey!

New swimsuit and waterproof mascara made it for me!😁 topped with curry!

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmnthat is a cool first date. I’ve never been scuba diving.

+3 👍

42 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

HAPPY 96th BIRTHDAY!🧁

+1 👍  @George C

• Like 3

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I didn’t plan on doing a live review for these next two weeks.  Too many crazies on the main boards that may derail it. I may just post a few photos here if Dani doesn’t mind.  

Gearing up for prime rib now. 

Mark, Have a great cruise. That prime rib looks fantastic. Drink one or two for me. Cheers!!

18 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Happy New Year a day late!

Currently on the Navigator OTS and in Cabo on a gorgeous day.  

Looks great. Have a great week!

14 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Yup he’s positive. 

Hope he recover quickly before the kids come back from there honey moon late Saturday. 

Updates to follow. 

Sorry to hear this Sue. Glad his symptoms are not too bad. Keep us updated and I hope he is cleared by next weekend. Give him our love.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our first date was at a scuba club meeting at the local swimming pool.  He belonged to the club and use to help out with training and I said I always wanted to try scuba. He said to come along . I bought a new swimsuit and waterproof mascara 😍 and we all went out for a curry afterwards 

We got married nine months later 

Never did finish my training though 

We met for the first time earlier that day .We were in a park in Staten Island NY and I asked her if she wanted to go out with me that evening.She said “yes” and we got married 17 months later.She wanted to graduate college and have a job prior to getting married.

• Like 5