Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank God for tile and wooden flooring. Update. We have a setback in the potty training of the pups. They have now decided it's easier to pee and poop in the the kitchen when we are not looking than go outside. Thank goodness we have tile. They do great at night in the crate but during the day they seem to want to potty anytime. We may have to crate them during the day. We do have a playpen and they seem to not potty in there but lately it has been a real challenge. They have also discovered faking it to get a treat. Smart pups. We are determined to get through this. I have read it's not uncommon for puppies to regress. Hard to know when a sniff is a sniff or a sniff to locate.

Also pretty smart pups who don’t go where it inconveniences them, like the crate and playpen!  Good luck Greg!

• Like 3

Just returned from a 3 mile walk. I almost didn’t go because it seemed windy outside, but I’m glad I did. It’s actually a balmy 43 degrees right now in my neck of the woods.  Rain later today before a few days of frigid temps.  Settling in now for some Sunday afternoon football.  I hope things are going smoothly for all those on this thread who are boarding a ship today.  

• Like 4

Good afternoon. 
Enjoyed luncheon with the DD and SIL before they head home 

Stuffed  chicken breast, cheesy potatoes, green beans, salad rolls  and HOHO cake. 

They had a great honeymoon and now back to Miami of Ohio with the grand dogs.  

A picture of the sign we made to welcome them back. 

6D67B383-3F8A-421D-92A5-C9A94729F24F.jpeg

• Like 19

23 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good afternoon. 
Enjoyed luncheon with the DD and SIL before they head home 

Stuffed  chicken breast, cheesy potatoes, green beans, salad rolls  and HOHO cake. 

They had a great honeymoon and now back to Miami of Ohio with the grand dogs.  

A picture of the sign we made to welcome them back. 

6D67B383-3F8A-421D-92A5-C9A94729F24F.jpeg

They look a happy couple.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Does she ever want to come inside your house?   She goes to doors like she wants in.

I think it’s more of a game for her, at least zipping into the garage when the weather is colder. She also likes to zip into the big barn when we are taking equipment in or out. If I had to guess I think if we let her into the house she wouldn’t be happy in here, with the loss of independence.

• Like 3

We arrived at cape liberty around 1 pm to see a huge line due to late arrival of the anthem.  We spent about 1 hr in the cold and rain on and off.  Boarded around 2 pm.  Once inside the terminal took about 15 mins to check in.  Had kumelweck sandwich for lunch at cafe 270...Delicious.

Our first cocktails...me a Caribbean Mule...Eric a Long island ice tea...

• Like 19

It looks like we had between 70 and 100 doing B2B on Oasis with us.  We had a nice breakfast in the dining room, got a little exercise walking the deck, then reported to the theatre at 8:30 with the rest doing B2B.  

They had made last call for everyone to leave the ship at 9 am.  After several announcements looking for people, they sent out search parties looking for 10 people who had not left.  They finally found them around 11, and got them off, so we could go off through customs and come back on.  Once we were able to start, it was a smooth process. 

It was nice not looking for luggage and putting things away.  Now Susan says she wants to do more back to backs, so maybe I will look at another week for Allure in May. 

I have heard some preliminary numbers on how many will be aboard this week, and if correct, it will be fantastic. I will report when I know for sure. 

Now, the sky is clear, the sun is shining, and we are ready for more sunrise pictures at sea. 

Smooth sailing to others sailing, and wave if you see us. 

• Like 20

23 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm a little confused, in the garage it looks like the PTO is on the back of the tractor where the blower and loader attach to, but which way does seat face?

This post is mainly for Jim, but for those that are curious to machinery read along. 

This is a specialized tractor for use in confined areas such as feedlots, barns and for those that drive “backwards” for a extended periods of time.  It has an extremely tight turning radius and the wheels all turn within its own radius. You do not see many of them. They are also capable of field work but conventional tractor typically do a better job. In fact many large dairy farms have now just gone to even large Caterpillar payloaders for load feed mixers and handling manure etc. 

You can have PTOs on each end of this model of tractor and they are 540/1000 interchangeable.  The PTO comes stock on what you would call the blower end, which is technically the back end of the tractor. You can also have one installed on the from end to double working capacity.

The loader for these tractors is on the backend as well.  They key is the entire working station/platform for the tractor rotates 180 degrees so you can face either way depending on end you want to call the front. I found a few videos to show you. The tractors come in blue and also in contractor yellow. 

Toward the exhaust stack on the hood, or is it as you are saying face the attachments?

The exhaust is over the engine at the front end. When I blow snow I face the blower which is technically backwards. I drive “backwards” 98% of time so I call it forwards. I’m facing the tree I am moving in this photo. 

E95F2CAE-903E-4516-89AD-0B67CA36B6D4.thumb.jpeg.3c8e73d93f801f4f5d0b9dc07a395bac.jpeg

Like you said you better have weight on the other end because tractor looks like it's ready to do a nose dive.

I can lift two silage bales at the same time with this set up. Pallets of bricks and large stone are also exceptionally awkward especially when lifting very high. The wheel weights make the difference when to get into heavy lifting capacities.  Not everyone has them though. We also added a grapple to our bucket for holding onto large scoops of manure, capturing rocks etc. In this photo you can see how I’m looking “backwards”. 

50C60EF7-CA21-46A9-A96C-59F5E539E0AE.thumb.jpeg.b454cb76248018427defbd9dea6d4f49.jpeg

The view from inside looking down though is spectacular.  You can see everything right under your nose. You can also see the upper link for the three point hitch in the photo below.  This is the stock location of the regular factor installed PTO. 

604677AB-96C8-4E6A-A7C2-62DE3F8B678D.thumb.jpeg.131eba5689ac91a125612dfb485f93ca.jpeg

Are the tires the same size or just the garage picture is distorted? Tires near the snow blower look a little larger.

Tires are the same size, it’s an optical illusion in the photo I posted earlier in the barn.  The tractor goes the same speed in both directions and is all wheel drive. The tires have to be the same size so it doesn’t effect the drive train.  It goes 18mph in both directions as it is a hydrostat drive, just a larger version of your Deere with forward and back foot petals.

Here is a video of someone who put the blower on the front end with the added PTO.  The issue with this is when he rotates the operator station to blow snow the loader on the other end has a huge swing which could potentially hit anything in the way. This is not good in tight confines as the risk for contact is great. 

Here is another unit that they put a snow pusher on the loader. 

Here is a promotional video of the tractor.  It’s thorough and a bit older than ours but it gives you a great idea of what can be done with it. Hopefully this answers your questions Jim. If you have anymore let me know. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

This morning DH "gave me a lift" to the hairdresser [I like to walk back... it's downhill], took his Nikon and went to find "good shots" at the beach... He found plenty, but I'll post only three 😁

_DSC4589.thumb.JPG.46b0fae83163b04f6bcffa3fdfb20d68.JPG

_DSC4606.thumb.JPG.782e68729dffdd6a04130fc486633a10.JPG

_DSC4612.thumb.JPG.c99e15d5a57161f40a605a591364d803.JPG

...and, to all those cruising today -- @helen haywood, Debbie & Eric @Sunshine3601, Sharon & John @Ozark_Kid , Laura & John @John&LaLa,  and Susan & Mark @h20skibum -- hope you'll have a smashing cruise.

@Seaviewer  Mary -- so sorry your cruise has been cancelled. I really hope there will be other cruises in the near future, and one that will enable us to meet at a Costco 🥰

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

This morning DH "gave me a lift" to the hairdresser [I like to walk back... it's downhill], took his Nikon and went to find "good shots" at the beach... He found plenty, but I'll post only three 😁

...and, to all those cruising today -- @helen haywood, Debbie & Eric @Sunshine3601, Sharon & John @Ozark_Kid , Laura & John @John&LaLa,  and Susan & Mark @h20skibum -- hope you'll have a smashing cruise.

@Seaviewer  Mary -- so sorry your cruise has been cancelled. I really hope there will be other cruises in the near future, and one that will enable us to meet at a Costco 🥰

+1 Bon Voyage!!!!!!

Love your DH's pictures, Dani!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@dani negreanuDani how’s your family that had the slight fevers, I think it was your son and grandson?

Thank you for asking, Deb.

It is weird... the fever comes and goes several days now... They go like a whole day without fever and anti fever med, and then -- it comes back in the middle of the night. Or vice versa, during the day they're "meh" and at night -- sleep well, without fever and anti fever med.

THE test will be this night. If no fever, that will be 24 hours continuously, so may be, this time, they're in the "clear". The grandson (5 years old) was vaxxed 10 days ago, so there is that. Covid tests at home are for the 4 of them -- negative.

BUT, Omicron is rampant here. I've cancelled the hairdresser 3 times and decided today to go ahead... double masked even while they washed my hair....

Tuesday -- we're due for the 4th jab.... Round and round we go 😢

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks so much Dani.  We are waiting to sail away.  We are thankful we made it safely aboard and waiting to sail away.

20220109_165312.thumb.jpg.bb1cd1b90f4a14c87ac7b91329f6c720.jpg

• Like 10

57 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We arrived at cape liberty around 1 pm to see a huge line due to late arrival of the anthem.  We spent about 1 hr in the cold and rain on and off.  Boarded around 2 pm.  Once inside the terminal took about 15 mins to check in.  Had kumelweck sandwich for lunch at cafe 270...Delicious.

Love rccl roast beef sandwiches, glad I don’t need to take cruise from New Jersey in January but I guess it beats having to fly, have a great cruise.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks so much Dani.  We are waiting to sail away.  We are thankful we made it safely aboard and waiting to sail away.

20220109_165312.thumb.jpg.bb1cd1b90f4a14c87ac7b91329f6c720.jpg

What time is Sail away, John?  Which part, please!  Have a wonderful time!!!!!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have a great cruise Debbie. We're on Anthem in September. I had a look at my booking today and our guaranteed cabin has already been assigned.  I thought we would get one of the obstructive view cabins but they've put us on deck 10. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

First place we headed.

When I was "preparing my lessons" for boarding the brand new Anthem in 2015, one of the excellent advices I was given was to ask for 2 slices of roast beef....

First thing when boarding, I went straight to 270 and proudly asked just that... The server gave me a startled look, but "complied" with a smile....

With horse radish it tasted sooooooo goooood 😁

• Like 7

Have the best time, Debbie!!! 

Bon Voyage!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

This post is mainly for Jim, but for those that are curious to machinery read along. 

This is a specialized tractor for use in confined areas such as feedlots, barns and for those that drive “backwards” for a extended periods of time.  It has an extremely tight turning radius and the wheels all turn within its own radius. You do not see many of them. They are also capable of field work but conventional tractor typically do a better job. In fact many large dairy farms have now just gone to even large Caterpillar payloaders for load feed mixers and handling manure etc. 

You can have PTOs on each end of this model of tractor and they are 540/1000 interchangeable.  The PTO comes stock on what you would call the blower end, which is technically the back end of the tractor. You can also have one installed on the from end to double working capacity.

The loader for these tractors is on the backend as well.  They key is the entire working station/platform for the tractor rotates 180 degrees so you can face either way depending on end you want to call the front. I found a few videos to show you. The tractors come in blue and also in contractor yellow. 

The exhaust is over the engine at the front end. When I blow snow I face the blower which is technically backwards. I drive “backwards” 98% of time so I call it forwards. I’m facing the tree I am moving in this photo. 

E95F2CAE-903E-4516-89AD-0B67CA36B6D4.thumb.jpeg.3c8e73d93f801f4f5d0b9dc07a395bac.jpeg

I can lift two silage bales at the same time with this set up. Pallets of bricks and large stone are also exceptionally awkward especially when lifting very high. The wheel weights make the difference when to get into heavy lifting capacities.  Not everyone has them though. We also added a grapple to our bucket for holding onto large scoops of manure, capturing rocks etc. In this photo you can see how I’m looking “backwards”. 

50C60EF7-CA21-46A9-A96C-59F5E539E0AE.thumb.jpeg.b454cb76248018427defbd9dea6d4f49.jpeg

The view from inside looking down though is spectacular.  You can see everything right under your nose. You can also see the upper link for the three point hitch in the photo below.  This is the stock location of the regular factor installed PTO. 

604677AB-96C8-4E6A-A7C2-62DE3F8B678D.thumb.jpeg.131eba5689ac91a125612dfb485f93ca.jpeg

Tires are the same size, it’s an optical illusion in the photo I posted earlier in the barn.  The tractor goes the same speed in both directions and is all wheel drive. The tires have to be the same size so it doesn’t effect the drive train.  It goes 18mph in both directions as it is a hydrostat drive, just a larger version of your Deere with forward and back foot petals.

Here is a video of someone who put the blower on the front end with the added PTO.  The issue with this is when he rotates the operator station to blow snow the loader on the other end has a huge swing which could potentially hit anything in the way. This is not good in tight confines as the risk for contact is great. 

Here is another unit that they put a snow pusher on the loader. 

Here is a promotional video of the tractor.  It’s thorough and a bit older than ours but it gives you a great idea of what can be done with it. Hopefully this answers your questions Jim. If you have anymore let me know. 

Amazing machine, never seen a tractor where you can attach a loader to both the front and back of the tractor like that.

Looking at the back like that makes it much easier to use the attachments I'm sure, you can see everything right below.

Nice to have a seat like that that can spin all the way around.

When I lived in NJ, I worked at a John Deere Dealer, took this picture one morning about 2 weeks before we left for Virginia.

These large tractors are amazing and very expensive also, But the farmers really need equipment this  size to get the job done.

Thanks for all the info.

20201117_064834.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

Cheers to you and Eric! Have a great cruise.

• Thanks 1