Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I had seen this after watching your ship sail away the other evening, John, and was wondering what kind of boat it was?  I was taught, when I worked for Moore-McCormack Lines many years ago, that you can put a boat in a ship, but can not put a ship in a boat.  From the looks of this boat, it looks like it could fit onto your ship!!!  Just sayin.....😁

Jim and I have never heard of this kind of knee surgery before, Greg.  I forget...when is your surgery scheduled for?  Jim had gone through the knee injections several times himself..

Thank goodness you were able to break your fall, Lenny!  Be careful!

I have fallen 36 times and had many near falls.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 8:42 PM, dbancroft said:

As usual our January's are always busy. Granddaughter's 12th birthday was the 5th. Our youngest daughter's birthday was the 11th of January. Our oldest daughter's birthday is the 22nd and our Son in law's birthday is the 27th. The biggest problem is too much cake! We had 2 snowfalls last week and more coming this weekend. The Grandkids are still virtual at least thru January. Now we are told that we will have to home test for covid every week when they return to school on the 31st. 

January 18 is my twin great nephews birthdays,January 19 is one of my son in laws 50th.birthday,January 20 is my wife’s sisters 80th.birthday,January 22 is my 55th.weddding anniversary,January 31 is my other son in laws 52 nd.birthday.

• Like 3

On 1/12/2022 at 9:09 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Some great artists.  I loved Melissa Manchester and was sorry her singing career was much too short.  Loved "Don't Cry Out Loud".  Following is a bit of trivia some might find interesting:

Who is Melissa in Barry Manilow's Could It Be Magic?
The "Sweet Melissa" in the lyrics is said to refer to singer Melissa Manchester, who was Manilow's label-mate and a back-up singer to Bette Midler in the early 1970s.

My cousin David was Bette Miller’s piano player in the late 60’s.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NHProud said:

Greg ,  I am looking forward to hearing about your surgery.  Wishing for you a quick recovery. Robotic surgery is the way to go .  I had my appendix removed at 11:00 PM and walked out at 11:00 AM the next day thanks to the Da Vinci robot.  

That is amazing being in and out of there so fast.  The Da Vinci robot is a cool tool for robotic surgeries.  DH has used them to do gynecological surgeries on patients.  It is very helpful in complicated cases.  My DD works for the company Intuitive Surgical- a medical device manufacturer.

Good luck to your husband in doing whichever method the doctor thinks is best for him- laparoscopic or robotic.  Either will give successful outcome.

Greg, @Sea DogWishing you a successful surgery and physical therapy after.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My orthopedist always said not to replace a joint until it impacts your lifestyle.

I put it off till I couldn’t step off a curb without almost passing out from pain. Foolish of me!

I got the same advice 10 years ago. It’s now time.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

How was my day today you ask ?

I was in a doctors office,lost my balance and started to fall.I reached out to the receptionists desk.Had I not been able to break my fall I would have gone head first into the table.My doctor ran out of his office and helped me get into the exam room.I am fine but everyone working there was very scared.

Oh my Lenny! I’m so glad you are ok. That would be very scary. I’m glad your doc was right there to help.

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I have never heard of this kind of knee surgery before, Greg.  I forget...when is your surgery scheduled for?  Jim had gone through the knee injections several times himself..

Its called  the Stryker Mako Robotic System. You can search YouTube and there are lots of videos about it.

Surgery scheduled for February 9th.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, NHProud said:

Greg ,  I am looking forward to hearing about your surgery.  Wishing for you a quick recovery .  Robotic surgery is the way to go .  I had my appendix removed at 11:00 PM and walked out at 11:00 AM the next day thanks to the Da Vinci robot.  

I will keep you posted on how it goes. Thank you for your well wishes.

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Try a Miami Vice with a little blue curaçao on top😃

that sounds very interesting.

21 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

That is amazing being in and out of there so fast.  The Da Vinci robot is a cool tool for robotic surgeries.  DH has used them to do gynecological surgeries on patients.  It is very helpful in complicated cases.  My DD works for the company Intuitive Surgical- a medical device manufacturer.

Good luck to your husband in doing whichever method the doctor thinks is best for him- laparoscopic or robotic.  Either will give successful outcome.

Greg, @Sea DogWishing you a successful surgery and physical therapy after.

Thank you do much.

• Like 1

Loving all the cruise photos.

@dani negreanu sorry to hear you had such a rough time with the booster.  Hope your arm is feeling a little better now.

@Lenquixote sorry to read of your fall at the Doctors.  Glad you were able to save yourself from serious injury

@Sea Dogall the best for your op.  Hope the fur babies are on the improve with their toilet training

@sgmn That is a lovely dog beach for Molly to enjoy. Fish & chips at a cafe nearby afterwards sounds like a perfect outing to me.

@singinalotyour dress is lovely.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Been a wet week in Sydney.  This morning there was no rain so decided to go into the city to see the Matisse exhibition currently on the Art Gallery of NSW, going for a walk through the Botanical Gardens on the way.  Approaching the Opera House, saw this:

B953A739-6A94-4721-B6DD-58AE7840F1F9.jpeg

Do tell, please. :classic_biggrin: Art, commercial film shoot? :classic_biggrin:

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

According to this web site, Khan has the yacht up for sale for $193M.  Maybe we can all get together and buy it?  Given how poorly the Jags played this year, we can probably talk him down to $180M.  Or, it looks like you can charter the yacht for $1.2M a week.  Here's a link to the yacht's brochure for any of you who may be interested in buying. 😁

I'll put in a dollar or two.

• Haha 6

@FromSea2ShiningSea Dani’s husband and I owe much gratitude to your daughter’s employer .  Thank you for your sentiments.  My husband was employed by a medical device company before he retired. 

@aussielozzie18 That’s just weird. 

@Sea Dog  When is your next cruise ?  How much time before you will be fully able to walk pain free ?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Do tell, please. :classic_biggrin: Art, commercial film shoot? :classic_biggrin:

Art.  It’s a theatre group called Legs on the Wall and it’s an art piece that is commentary on climate change.  Performers take turns spending 3hrs at a time on the ice and there is a musical composition in the background by Alaskan composer Matthew Burtner.  

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Art.  It’s a theatre group called Legs on the Wall and it’s an art piece that is commentary on climate change.  Performers take turns spending 3hrs at a time on the ice and there is a musical composition in the background by Alaskan composer Matthew Burtner.  

That is fascinating! Thanks. There is creative stuff in San Francisco, but not much on our side of the bay in the suburbs. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I like the track on deck 5 on Oasis class, because it goes all the way around, and is protected from the wind. 

This was my main disappointment with Celebrity Silhouette last year. It was our first Celebrity cruise and because of the suite Retreat area at the front on the ship you couldn't go right around the ship if you were in a non suite cabin. We love walking around the decks on Royal Caribbean. Usually in the morning and after dinner in the evening 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

This morning there was no rain so decided to go into the city to see the Matisse exhibition currently on the Art Gallery of NSW

When we stayed pre-cruise in the HI Old Sydney in the Rocks, we visited an Art Gallery near the cruise terminal. Is that it?

I like Botanical Gardens and the one in Sydney was a joy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

When we stayed pre-cruise in the HI Old Sydney in the Rocks, we visited an Art Gallery near the cruise terminal. Is that it?

I like Botanical Gardens and the one in Sydney was a joy.

Hi Dani, No. The museum a short walk from the cruise terminal and your hotel is the MCA, Museum of Contemporary Art.  It has a nice cafe with outdoor terrace on the upper level with views of the Opera House which used to be blocked whenever the cruise ships were docked at the OPT.  They no longer have that issue…,

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Some animals metabolize the anesthesia quicker than others. When I had my dog fixed she slept for two days. 

Samantha slept most of the night.  She has had a good breakfast and her pain meds.  Her incision looks great.  Now if only today the Dr. will say yes to doing another operation on my Kubota.  He has a tumor that was operated on once before.  It has grown back.  The Dr. said that if he operated it would just grow back faster.  We thought Kubota would go downhill and we would make the decision.  However, it has been a long time and he is still his same Bo Bo self.  So I made an appointment for today to reevaluate a surgery option.  

• Like 8